[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can get through Level 1 pretty well but I can't manage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: road_rash2_gen_us_large.jpg (27KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
road_rash2_gen_us_large.jpg
27KB, 300x424px
I can get through Level 1 pretty well but I can't manage to qualify in even one track on Level 2.

Tips/tricks? Best bike(s)?
>>
Trash it and get the 32-bit remake
>>
>>3916370

Since the tracks repeat after level 1 I guess I've basically experienced almost everything Road Rash 2 has to offer now that I think about it. Checking out the PS1 version now.
>>
>>3916453
Console version is fine but try to the Windows version.
>>
>>3916476

Playing it on a ePSX emulator, main menu background glitches out and turns green but the actually gameplay is fine.

Looking to download the PC version but I see that it has a ton of compatibility issues too with modern machines.
>>
>>3916268
The yellow one is pretty good.

You can grind Alaska on level 1 over and over, then get the Diablo.

If you think level 2 is hard, try being me on level 4 and I've run out of money to get the next bike.
>>
>>3916453
this isn't really true as the levels get longer each time, and the scenery is different. you end up seeing weird shit, like sprites in the road, burnt up bikes etc. it starts getting really tough.
>>
>>3916498

Is Alaska the easiest level? I can win them all on level 1 but I'm not sure yet which one is objectively the easiest for the purpose of grinding.
>>
>>3916501

Maybe I'll go back to it then, because my emulated version of PS1's Road Rash has a glitched menu screen and I don't feel like fucking around with my computer to get the Windows 95 version working on my windows 7 (supposedly compatibility mode doesn't work)
>>
>>3916268
Getting the Shuriken TT250 on Level 1 will make both Level 1 and 2 super easy, and Level 3 will feel like Level 1 with the starter bike. By that point, if you haven't excessively wrecked or been busted, you should have enough cash to grab the Diablo at level 4.
General tips:
- Grab the chain as soon as you can, or at least the club. Don't make attacking a priority, but don't be afraid to make the AI pay if they get close.
- Learn the course.
- Seriously, LEARN THE FUCKING COURSE! This will help you SO much more than any other tip.
- You can save yourself from getting wrecked, if you've got time to burn. Just run the rest of the course. Seriously, you can cross the finish line on your feet. You MIGHT still get busted though(I've had both instances happen before...not sure what (doesn't) cause it.)
- If you get a Nitro bike, don't use one on a turn.
- I've found Vermont to be easiest, but some swear it's Arizona.
>>
>>3916268
2 sucks. 1 and 3 are better, and the 3DO is best of that 2D style. Best FUN game is Road Rash 64, which rubber bands everyone so yer all together. A BLAST with 4 people locally. Otherwise, it's a bad port of the PSX version.

The key to the 2D Road Rash games is tapping the D pad, not holding. Never hold down left or right, tap them repeatedly to sort of nudge left or right.

Brakes are important, too.
>>
>>3916693
If Road Rash 32-bit applies, I have never once in my life used the brakes. I feel like if I do that the AI will just rubberband the fuck back to you.
>>
>>3916268

>not playing Road Rash 64

lad...
>>
>>3916727

>Level 5
>Heavy Traffic
>Too Many Cops
>Max Racers

pure carnage
>>
>>3916727

Is it better than PS1 version?
>>
>>3916734
PS1 is better solo, especially because you can just fuck off the course and explore the island. RR64 is SPECTACULAR multiplayer. Mario Kart level carnage.
>>
>>3916734

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W3j9iaj-Bk

you be the judge
>>
>>3916756
Is this the most underrated N64 game? I think people couldn't get past the shitty foggy graphics (even though it runs smoothly despite the shitloads of chaos)
>>
>>3916756
Accurate.

PSX version isn't really a Road Rash, it's more of an open road motorcycle racer. You won't get into any combat at all. I kinda liked that, though. Stayed up till 6 AM once just riding around the island.

Versus the RR64 in that video. Very accurate.
>>
>>3916762

i think the main problem was that it takes a significant amount of investment (a couple hours of campaign mode play) to unlock the really good shit. the low level stuff is kinda fun if you're fucking around with friends, but it's nothing compared to the more advanced bikes and stages. even a solo race against CPU opponents on higher levels is a lot of fun. in that way it's kind of a hidden gem.
>>
>>3916682
This.
But instead of the Diablo I go for the Banzai 7.11 (N version if I have enough money)
Also always save up enough money for some repair and bills since you'll need some time to understand your new bike.
>>
>>3916756

Why this game isn't more popular I will never understand
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.