[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was Rare thinking? It would have been fine if the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: jet-force-gemini-tribals.jpg (49KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
jet-force-gemini-tribals.jpg
49KB, 848x480px
What the fuck was Rare thinking? It would have been fine if the Tribals were an optional collectible to unlock some cool reward for 100% runs - you know, like normal games - but why in God's name did they think it would be a good idea to force you to collect every last one of them in order to beat the game? Not only that, but they don't even tell you that you have to collect all of them until towards the end, meaning that unless you knew ahead of time, you would likely have been passing most of them up on your first run through.
>>
Well, it's a N64 Rare game. They might as well have joined Collectors Anonymous with their work from this era, collecting useless shit kept getting more prevalent and more essential each game until Conker where it basically disappeared.
>>
>you would likely have been passing most of them up on your first run through.
That's the idea, by the end of the game you get new powerups that let you explore new places in old levels. I don't think you can get all of them on your first run before you get the jetpack upgrade, for example.
It is annoying to be forced to 100% the game in order to beat the final boss, but on the other hand it isn't as terrible or as "collecthaton" as people thing. Most of these creatures are well hidden on the levels, or placed in strategic places where you need to think ahead on how to save them, because they might die in the crossfire if there's enemies around, so it's kind of like a rescue mission which actually kind of works, but yeah it should have been an optional thing.
I personally thought finding the spaceship part was more annoying, which also wasn't "collectathon" because each part is well hidden, some better than others, and if you're not consulting a guide it's hard.
>>
>>3915958
This is the same Rare that made those silver coins challenge races mandatory in DKR
>>
>>3916297
In Donkey King 64 you had to get lots of points in an ancient arcade game to get a coin required to beat the game.
>>
>>3916323
If you couldn't beat the basic 1st loop of DK then you didn't deserve to be playing a video game in the first time.

>ancient arcade game
Kids.
>>
>>3916323
>lots of points in an ancient arcade game
Dude, you just had to do one full round of DK and one full round of JetPac.
>>
>>3915958
The tribals really aren't that bad. Most of the levels are broken up in such a way that there's only a few where you have to cover a lot of ground to find them all.
Now the Floyd races were some utter bullshit, but luckily they didn't require full rainbow badges on every course to complete the game.
>>
>>3916323
>Reply
No.
>>
>>3915958

I liked he Tribal collecting.
>>
>>3915958
This game, more than most games, deserves a remake with modern controls. JFG's contols may have been fair but I wish they gave you more options. In goldeneye you could move with the dpad and aim with the stick, I wish you could do that in this game.
>>
Rare's gonna Rare
>>
>>3916509
Go to options > controls > set to "Expert"
Now you can move freely using the C-buttons while aiming with the stick.
>>
>>3916326
Pretty much this, /v/irgins should fuck off
>>
>>3915958
Because hostage rescue is a core part of the game? Those Tribals aren't even super well hidden or separate. In most levels they're pretty much all bunched together in a corner.

If you complain about tribal collection, the fact is you just don't like Jet Force Gemini's gameplay, or find it too hard. Probably the latter.

Just look at these pathetic comments:

>>3916297
>Rare that made those silver coins challenge races mandatory in DKR
>>3916323
>In Donkey King 64 you had to get lots of points in an ancient arcade game to get a coin required to beat the game.

>waaaaah waaaaaah it's tooooooo hardddd!!!! why cant i get to the final boss without any efffforrttttt!!!!!
>>
>>3916837
>People don't like a game, therefore it's too hard for them

Yeah, no.
>>
>>3916405
This. People always bitch about the Tribals which isn't really hard. The Floyd missions turn the bullshit meter up to eleven. You HAVE to fly perfectly and a single mistake is cause for a reset.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.