[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outside nightfire this was the best bond game. Yes I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 0.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
Outside nightfire this was the best bond game.

Yes I know Goldeneye was a better shooter, but James Bond is more than just about shooting. It's about wearing stylish outfits, driving bitchin cars and shooting badguys while delivering stupid one liners.

On the Bond factor front this game delivered better than any of the three old school bond games. It had diverse levels, cool vehicles, stylish outfits, satisfying weapon sounds and enemy death sounds (*pew* *pew* *pew* *AAAAUUUUUURGH*) and most importantly a part where you could shoot guys and they'd fall into printing presses (this is important) and it had an overall aesthetic to it as well. Kind of like that picture of the Heckler and Kock p7 and the 90s cellphone that I can't find right now. That aesthetic.

And that fucking soundtrack. holy shit that soundtrack was fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJCvGbU6jBg&list=PL3qKGTUJcGDp74v7wLimfhsb5XQwEscR-&index=12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfNb5KSco8&index=11&list=PL3qKGTUJcGDp74v7wLimfhsb5XQwEscR-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbIxYxamhEI&index=5&list=PL3qKGTUJcGDp74v7wLimfhsb5XQwEscR-

TWINE for N64 would have been great if it didn't have such dull and boring levels, but that's because the movie was so fucking boring.
>>
My man TND had interesting aesthetic and atmosphere but gameplay was pure garbage. It was literally unplayable. But I will admit that the car level was absolutely amazing and that getting in that mig29 and BTFOing everyone around you was also kinda nice.
I have nostalgia for it, sure, but TWINE on ps1 is ten times better. Can't comment on n64 version but fuck those memespouters who think its better when they are completely different games.

Nightfire is also overrated, single player is boring as fuck on both ps2 and pc. Everything or Nothing is the king of ps1/2 Bond games. TWINE and From Russia With Love come close.

PS2 version of Quantum of Solace is an underrated shooter, absolutely phenomenal.

Nightfire and Agent Under Fire can go suck a bag of dicks.
>>
I remember like 2 years ago I've played The world is not enough and Tomorrow never dies. While I've finished both I liked better the FPS of The world is not enough than the third person perspective of TND. Both were great to include clips of their respectives movies.
>>
>>3914872
The targeting in TND was garbage I'll give you that, but TWINE had such boring levels and that one dying sound doesn't do it for me. I need *OOOH* and *AAAAIIIIRRGH* not just *AAAAUUU*
>>
>>3914872
>Everything or Nothing is the king of ps1/2 Bond games.
this, what a fucking stellar game.
>>
>>3914872

I agree with you that Nightfire is overrated but Everyone or Nothing has aged really bad since it was one of the first cover shooters released and it still had lock on aim. It just works so bad. I liked it on release but I went back to it recently and outside of the motorcycle and car missions it's just outright bad.

Nightfire at least had the god tier Alps and Japanese water gardens levels, and the PC had some interesting levels later on though but yeah it's overrated. Agent Under Fire is good though and PS1 TWINE was fucking goat.

I remember playing TND on my PS1 too but l haven't played it in so long and it likely doesn't hold up.
>>
>>3915297
>>3914591

TWINE on PS1 had some fantastic levels. Never played the N64 version so maybe it's worse.
>>
>>3914591
Nah Everything or Nothing was the best game which sucks because hardly anyone played it.
>>
>>3915978
I played EoN for the first time couple of years ago, maybe 2013 or 2014. Driving sections aged like shit because the game is using NFS engine for those parts and NFS games on ps2 ran at like 20fps. Super laggy and low framerate. But the shooting parts were awesome.

Starting the new game goes into this typical Bond cutscene that ends with him taking cover behind some pillar. Cutscene is super smooth and pretty. And then it hangs like that for 20 seconds, I thought the game froze.

It turns out that the game is in fact running at that high framerate with that gorgeous anti-aliasing.

When a 13 years old game impressed you like that, that's gotta mean something. The rappelling, the q-spider parts, the fact that its the only bond game where ammo is actually scarce and you gotta salvage different weapons always... just fucking fun.

I imagine the gamecube version is even better.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.