[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Worst 16-bit Sonic game >Best 16-bit Sonic soundtrack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Sonic3D.jpg (92KB, 225x318px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic3D.jpg
92KB, 225x318px
>Worst 16-bit Sonic game
>Best 16-bit Sonic soundtrack

What did SEGA mean by this?
>>
It's a great platformer on its own merits. It just isn't the most appropriate follow up to S3&K.

There's no written rule that sequels have to live up to the greatness of their predecessors. Look at ActRaiser 2. It completely abolished the god-mode elements in favor of strict platforming stages, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the most solid platformers ever to come out of that era.
>>
>>3912381
No it isn't, stop trying to sound hipster
>>
>>3912367
>Worst 16-bit Sonic game
but that isn't Sonic 2 anon.
>>
>>3912385
>No it isn't, stop trying to sound hipster

Go back to your Dank Souls and Caw of Dooties. Your kind isn't welcome here.
>>
>>3912367
All sonic games have great music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAeBXh25NiQ
>>
>>3912367
Traveller's Tales seemed to have a knack for making shitty games with beautiful soundtracks (see: Sonic R)
>>
>>3912390
Go back to /r/retro
>>
>>3912385
>>3912390
>>3912538
How do you people exist without any sense of self-awareness in how ridiculous you act?
>>
>>3912484

>shitty game
>>
>>3912381
This. I feel like if it had been launched as its own franchise instead of a Sonic sequel, it would be one of those late-generation Genesis games going for $90+ on eBay right now.
>>
>>3912386
Sonic CD*
>>
>>3912385

I thought this too until I played the Saturn version with the 3D pad. It renders it immensely more playable. It is still sort of empty but removes the frustration caused by the awkward d-pad controls.
>>
>>3912381
It's very underrated. The Saturn version too. I got it when it came out and was as disappointed as most people, we all wanted a normal 3D Sonic. I played it recently and it's actually aged very gracefully, a lot of the problems regarding camera and control are vastly overblown, there is only two areas in the game where it's remotely an issue, and they're not particularly hard to deal with.
>>
>>3912367
>Best to worst 16-bit Sonic game:
Sonic 3&K > Sonic 2 > Sonic CD > Sonic 1 > Knuckles Chaotix > Sonic 3D Blast
>Best to worst 16-bit Sonic OST (they're all good, though):
Knuckles' Chaotix > Sonic 3D Blast > Sonic CD (JP/EUR OST) > Sonic 2 > Sonic 3&K > Sonic 1

You're half right, anon.
>>
>>3913445
Sonic CD is great but I'm not sure if it's better than Sonic 1.
I also think Sonic CD JP has the best OST.
>>
>>3912870
>16-bit game
>>
>>3913445
S3&K is boring as fuck and has zero challenge. And most of the levels are linear unless you actively try taking alternate paths.

Sonic 2 is more challenging, and a lot of the levels offer alternate routes even if you aren't trying to get them. Just a missed jump at the start will take you elsewhere. And the levels aren't 7 minute long either. It just has better design.

S3&K wins in having way more content, but not all of that content is that great.
>>
Isometric was bad for platforming. You can spindash to skip some platforms but the controllers are still not good. Killing off enemeis could be annoying because perspective, unless you have that shield with the "homing attack"
Sountrack was pretty good though, but jpn CD always wins for me.

>>3913551
>And most of the levels are linear unless you actively try taking alternate paths.

Seems like any 2d classic Sonic with some "main" path. The only zones you can get a bit lost are Oil and Metropolis as far I recall

>Sonic 2 is more challenging
No. Until Hill Top is easy as fuck and fast fun game. When Mystic Cave happens is when things are a bit challenging.
Sonic 1 is the most challenging one because more platforming sections and a slower pace for more than half game, but any classic is an easy game. Just Sonic 2 end bosses can be annoying to some due to no rings.

>and a lot of the levels offer alternate routes even if you aren't trying to get them. Just a missed jump at the start will take you elsewhere.
But that happens in S3&K. Marble Garden, Carnival Night, Launch Base, Flying Battery, Sandopolis Act1 and Death Egg are like that

>And the levels aren't 7 minute long either. It just has better design.

Learn the right paths and you will not waste 8 minutes in Carnival Night Act 2.

The only thing I don't like in S3&K are some mandatory sections, like Sandopolis Act 2 in that sand section. Is like replaying S2 and getting to Sky Chase and have to waste 2 minutes in the same experience over and over and over
>>
>>3912367
>What did SEGA mean by this?

Link? Did SEGA really come out and say it's their worst game but best soundtrack? That's really weird.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.