[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got the Famicom mini today. It's a cute little stocking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: new-famicom-mini.png (184KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
new-famicom-mini.png
184KB, 970x545px
I got the Famicom mini today. It's a cute little stocking stuffer, but it has some serious problems

-input lag
-colors are off compared to the original
-sound has that screeching quality that shit emulators have
-fds audio expansion is much louder than usual

Why didn't they fix this shit?
>>
There's really input lag?
>>
>>3909414
also has that seizure inducing strobing when scrolling the screen in sidescrollers
>>
Colors are off because there's no precise way to display them using RGB.

>>3909415
It's an emulator, senpai.
>>
>>3909415
Yeah, a bit. If you haven't used the original you probably wouldn't notice though. To be fair, it might be my TV
>>
>>3909417
>Colors are off because there's no precise way to display them using RGB

Then how did the Playchoice 10 manage it? Also:

Never
The
Same
Color
>>
>>3909415
The emulator framebuffers on you.

Once someone gets retroArch running on these we'll be able to reduce input lag to where Mario will jump when button is pushed.
>>
>>3909423
NES also exists for PAL markets desu (which is part of the reason why Nintendo of Europe releases 50 FPS versions of titles on the Virtual Console but that's another matter).
>>
>>3909423
PC10 games are slightly pallette-hacked in order to display using the RGB PPU.
>>
>>3909430
PPU?
>>
>>3909438
Penis Pump Unit
>>
>Famicom Classic

>No Fire Emblem
>No Mother/Earthbound Beginnings
>No Famicom Wars
>No Super Mario Bros. The Lost levels
>No Punch-Out!!
>Comically small controllers, even for Japanese folk
>>
>>3909414
Hack your Famicom mini and Retroarch, it has less input lag and one of the nes cores lets you change the color palette.
>>
>>3911306
Tried playing 1 and Gaiden for the first time in years.

Holy shit better off just featuring the SFC games on a SFC mini.

Mother 1 is a little more tolerable, but if they would rather feature Mother 2 on a hypothetical SFC mini, I could see that happening too.

I'm more amazed there wasn't any Dragon Quests. Dammit Yuji Horii.

>>3911318
Yeah, def run Hakchi2. Running Earthbound Beginnings, DQIII, and the Kunios on mine. So worth.
>>
>>3909428
>Nintendo of Europe releases 50 FPS versions of titles on the Virtual Console
I fucking hate how they do this to please some faggots in Italy who can't speak English
>>
>>3909417
emulator doesn't always mean input lag.
>>
>>3913240
No, they do this because of PAL.
>>
>>3913483
There's no technical reason to release the PAL-versions, they only do this for the benefits of Italian and Spanish-speakers.
>>
I'm curious what NoJ's attitude is towards the famicom mini. Are they like NoA with the Nes Classic where they've already stopped giving a shit and restocks seem unlikely?
>>
>>3913495
Considering I was in Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara two weeks ago and they had a display for the Mini with a big 'SOLD OUT' sign on it, I assume they also don't give a shit.
>>
File: PAL-NTSC-SECAM.png (137KB, 940x477px) Image search: [Google]
PAL-NTSC-SECAM.png
137KB, 940x477px
>>3913489
>>
>>3909428
>>3913240
>>3913483
>>3913489

Not sure which version you guys are talking about but I'm damn sure they just release the same NTSC version you got in America on Wii U and 3DS.
Maybe they did that for a short while for the Wii but who even buys games from that store nowadays? Besides, most people on this board would rather

A Buy the physical equivalent from yard sales or resellers

B Get the roms elsewhere and play them on a flash cart

or

C The same but playing it on an emulator.

Heck I'm sure they'd call you a shill or a "good goy" if you'd even imply buying anything digitally because other anons would ridicule you for "paying for old nintendo roms, LOL ROFLMAO!!" or shit like that.
>>
>>3913534
They consistently released PAL 50 FPS titles on the Wii VC, yes (that Super Mario Bros. with broken audio ;_;). They still do it on the 3DS and Wii U, though far less often.
>>
>>3913531
Not relevant anymore. I'm not even sure if their modern systems even have analog output, but even the original Wii had PAL60, so there was no technical reason to use the PAL-versions.
>>
>>3913534
But if you have a homebrew-enabled Wii, you can get the files from the Wii Shop Channel using NUSDownloader on your PC, which accesses Nintendo's servers.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader
>>
>>3913540
>so there was no technical reason to use the PAL-versions
The fact that it was the standard in Europe? Also, licensing issues.
>>
>>3913557
>The fact that it was the standard in Europe?
So what? It's not relevant anymore.
>Also, licensing issues.
You mean that the developer typically doesn't own the translations?
>>
>>3909414
>>3909418
>>3909415
I've seen people test it, and apparently most input lag comes from modern TVs, actually.
Still, ironically lag is kinda significant, since it's apparently p much impossible to beat PunchOut on this.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.