[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys find yourself replaying some of the same games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Megaman-Running-Original2004.gif (18KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman-Running-Original2004.gif
18KB, 200x200px
Do you guys find yourself replaying some of the same games over and over?
>>
Yep. It really prevents me from digging to my backlog. And I keep buying modern games only to go back to playing my old standbys for the thousandth time.
>>
>>3909293
I replay Dragon Quest I and Breath of Fire I at leas once a year, and on a daily basis Super Mario Bros.
>>
File: 1485159544795.gif (2MB, 311x237px) Image search: [Google]
1485159544795.gif
2MB, 311x237px
>>3909293
>Mega Man actually has two hands most of the times
>his hand is replacement by the cannon only when he shoots

Mind=blown
>>
the only games i replay every year or so are the sonic games, and i can beat all of them in an afternoon because they're very short.
>>
>>3909293
I must have played through Metal Slug 3 at least 50 times now.

I've gotten down to 4 credits
>>
>>3909293
Nah quite the opposite, I rarely find the time to sit down and play games for more than an hour or two solid and my backlog is fucking ridiculous meaning I'm constantly just playing the beginning of new games.

It's probably why I gravitated back towards more arcade style stuff in the first place.
>>
File: 1451418084405.png (330KB, 980x685px) Image search: [Google]
1451418084405.png
330KB, 980x685px
>>3909345
Hey same here. I replay mostly arcade games but I'm thinking of turning Shining Force into a ritual.
>>
>>3909351
It makes sense that arcade games are replayed the most, that's what they're meant for.

Try as I might, I've never been able to finish Final Fight with less than 9 credits.
>>
>>3909360
Well I'm no good at fighting games. Mainly Metal slug 3. A little bit of crazy Taxi and House of the dead 2.
>>
>>3909293
every now and then I'll just pick up a game I haven't played in a while and accidentally go through about 75% of the game then drop it again

it's a bad habit
>>
>>3909293
Yeah, but normal people do that. Especially retro games, because they're designed for replays.

Back in the day, you were a lucky kid if you has more than 5 games, usually. So you'd replay those bastards, for sure.

These days, you little shits can play the entire nes, snes, genesis, psx and every other retro library for free and on your god damned phone. So replaying games could seem pointless these days.
>>
>>3909318

I usually end up playing Breath of Fire 2 or 3 but you reminded me I haven't gone through 1 in a long time.

Xenogears, Lunar 1 and 2, Mario 64, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana. I think I've played through all of these games at least 4 times each.
>>
>>3909372
Maan metal slug 3 is way to long.
>>
Pretty much just fighting games or games like that with consistent variation and a "no two plays are ever the same" feeling. Otherwise I'll probably get bored again. Too OCD since there's so much out there I'd like to try.
>>
Only a youngster would ask OP's question.

Of course we're going to be replaying some games over and over. That's the whole point.
You take a game you like, and you keep replaying it over and over, learning everything about it, until you can absolutely rock it all the way through. And every time it gets a little more fun.

You don't know how fun video games can be if you haven't mastered at least one.

Of course this mentality was lost with time. These days video games are like "blockbuster movies", not meant to be "played" but instead to be "experienced" once, then forgotten and to move on to the next "experience".
>>
File: pa_046.jpg (98KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
pa_046.jpg
98KB, 480x640px
>>3910304
I totally feel you, man. I'm sure gamers who hear something like that would scoff at us and say "too long is a myth", but damn, the ideal arcade game play time is definitely forty to sixty minutes top. Anything beyond that is really gonna wear you out.
>>
>>3909293
Sonic games, even the 3D ones. Half-Life, and Metal Gear.

A lot of the games from my childhood were RTSs and never payed much attention to the campaign so there isn't much to go back to other than the occasional round for fun.
>>
>>3909293
Yeah, I usually replay Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, Breath of Fire 3 and 4 and Final Fantasy Tactics. I can't get tired of them
>>
i replay harvest moon back to nature and the spyro trilogy like once a year.
>>
I replay the megaman legends games every other year or so. I've also been playing a few side scrollers for years (since I can't beat them and refuse to quit yet).

I also replay Little Nemo: Dream Master almost yearly, sometimes even more frequently. That game was the first game I remember REALLY getting into but not being able to beat as a kid. I didn't beat it until years later on emulator and it felt awesome.
>>
>>3909326
Almost as if he was.. some sort of a robot... with some variable weapon system of sorts... that'd let him transform his limbs... Right? Crazy, huh.
>>
>>3914896
More like because it's easier and saves ressources to have a symmetrical character, that way you can just mirror the same tile and nothing looks weird when you also mirror the entire sprite when he faces the other direction.

MM is shown everywhere, on all the art and cutscenes, has having a cannon at all times. Don't tell me it's not weird he has a two hands for some frames, and with no visible transformation for it.
>>
>>3909293
I've been replaying GSC since it got out, at least once every 2 years, often twice a year.

Can't get tired of SMT I, II and Chrono Trigger either.
>>
>>3909293
I stopped doing this since I got access to near unlimited vault of games
I play endless online games now though.
>>
FF5 every year
>>
>>3910304
Im mostly skipping to the last mission to eventually perfect it
>>
File: Dragon_Ball_Z_LSW.jpg (28KB, 312x320px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Ball_Z_LSW.jpg
28KB, 312x320px
Yes. This one, and Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories. I guess I have a thing for card games.
>>
Sonic 2 is a almost montly experience for me
>>
There are some days when I want to try some obscure stuff on the NES but ended up playing Castlevania again.
>>
I can't stop playing Wario's Woods. It's been 3 years now of playing almost everyday.
>>
>>3915691
I used to love yugioh, then I found out the game cheats on you.
>>
>>3909293
the one game i make sure to play at least once per year is system shock 1
>>
>>3909293
Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Dawn of Sorrow
Zelda Link To The Past
Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma

I keep these games around on emulator so I can re-play them every few years. It's only a weekend for each game, but dang good stuff.
>>
>>3909293
This is actually a huge problem, I basically only play games I already played or from a familar series. It makes me feel bad and I try to be diverse but typically I just quit what I'm playimg and go play something again.
>>
I find myself replaying the same set of games pretty often. I've becoming completely disillusioned with modern gaming so I'm going back to my backlog (stretches back to the ps1). Thats when I realized that leading up to the choice to work on my backlog, my backlog was actually half games I've beaten but not 100%.

So I've spent the time trying to finish off those games as completely as I can. I also have been playing the same roguelike for about 5 years now. No changelog, just the same version. Never beat it fully so I'll be doing that til I die as well.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.