[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which DKC game is the best? Pic related, I think 2 is objectively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: DK_Country_2.jpg (143KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
DK_Country_2.jpg
143KB, 400x291px
So which DKC game is the best? Pic related, I think 2 is objectively the best with it's excellent level design and music. I loved the pirate/ghost themes a lot more than the generic jungle theme of the first game, but the entire trilogy as a whole is brilliant.
>>
File: dong-name.png (869KB, 471x923px) Image search: [Google]
dong-name.png
869KB, 471x923px
1>2>3

Can't beat the only one where you can play as the Dong.
>>
>>3906250
I wholeheartedly agree, OP.
2 > 1 >= 3 seems to be the general consensus.
>>
2 may be the best but I fucking love 3!! How can you beat Christmas themed bonus stages?? Protip: ya can't.
>>
>>3906250
>So which DKC game is the best? Pic related, I think 2 is objectively the best with it's excellent level design and music. I loved the pirate/ghost themes a lot more than the generic jungle theme of the first game, but the entire trilogy as a whole is brilliant.

DKC2 is one of the best games ever created imo.
The Leveldesign/varierity, difficulty, gameplay, enemydesigns and especially the soundtracks are top notch.
I can name 30 stages easily its so memorable and i played it the first time 2 years ago.

DKC1 has a very nice atmosphere. Not too hard but and the bosses are a bit boring, leveldesign is typical.
Played in childhood.

DKC3 was a bit too much at all like a barrelboss with eyes, too colorful imo not as atmospheric as 1 but not dkc2 either but its still a good game.
Didnt finish it yet.

2>1>3
>>
2>1>3
Of course, they're all solid games.
>>
2 is the best.
3 is not quite as good as 2.
1 has a better aesthetic than 3.
>>
>>3906250
I was pretty disappointed with 3 once I got it on the Wii's eshop some time ago. I think 2's my favorite with 1 being a close second. Even though I still don't like 3 all that much I'm gonna beat it eventually.
>>
File: Donkey-Kong-Country-Cart.gif (4MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey-Kong-Country-Cart.gif
4MB, 800x600px
>>3906250
I loved the first one so much, even with too easy bosses except the last one, great OST, and fucking great atmosphere.
also that wagon level was the hardest shit on this game.
>>
dkc2 have best BGM and level design
but I love jungle in first game
I not like empy background
>>
>>3906717
The snow level with barrels and bees everywhere is one of the hardest levels in the series if you don't use the short cuts.
>>
The simple answer is; DKC was classic, DKC 2 was perfect & DKC 3 went HAM.

I'd say this puts DKC 2 as the best, DKC 3 as 2nd for taking some risks & doing the only thing they could do & the original 3rd as still an amazing game but a little out dated in gameplay compared to the sequels, still had a great atmosphere though.
>>
I think 1 is the best. I actually don't like the other two at all. 1 has the best music, and it isn't a collectathon nightmare. That monotonous grind killed platformers, especially the 3d ones imo.
>>
https://youtu.be/TZNHXfzcCko

Loved DKC 2's soundtrack
>>
File: screech's sprint.webm (3MB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
screech's sprint.webm
3MB, 320x288px
I can't tell if DKC3 is genuinely a weaker game, or if I only think that because it's the only one I didn't have as a kid.

You can tell it's by the company that made Banjo and Conker, for better or worse.

webm mostly unrelated
>>
>>3906258
Tropical Meme Revengeance

I'm unironically loving this
>>
File: bears.png (57KB, 520x455px) Image search: [Google]
bears.png
57KB, 520x455px
I gotta give it to 3, honestly. I think the weirdness is what I loved most about it. Sure some of the levels were annoying and the DK coins were mostly easy to find, but the world felt so much larger than the previous games and the light RPG elements were a nice touch. Oh, and the Brothers Bear are just awesome. I still find myself whistling the tune that plays when you walk into one of their cabins!
>>
>>3906964
Nice job on Screech's Sprint! Did you know that you can skip the race entirely if you take damage before passing by him?
>>
>>3906250
1 is the best, it was "knock you off your seat" tier the first time most of us laid eyes on it. 2 was just more of 1 with slightly different levels, and just didn't capture the same magic of the original. The original is just very well paced and put together, never tries to do too much, it's pretty fast paced for the most part. 2 seems to focus on more of the industrial and yellow colored levels whereas most of 1 is focused on colorful and vibrant environments. 3 is still more of the same but feels very uninspired.
>>
>>3907003
I agree. It's a shame that Rare had to rush it and its GBA remake even more because it had some great ideas like collecting those banana birds but the execution, especially at the very end of the game, leaves a lot to be desired. However, the atmosphere was really good because of the visuals and the music and the cheat codes were a little easier to remember than in the other games. Oh, and they gave it some more replayability. To me it feels like the third game is underrated, the second one overrated (but still a solid game nonetheless) and the first one wasn't that special gameplay wise (it still has some incredible visuals for its time and the music is the best in the trilogy or even any game).

After having said all that I think all three of them are good so if OP or anyone else reading this thread is looking for some neat sidescrolling platformers, you should play all three of them. Play them in chronological order, it makes you appreciate the later games even more.
>>
>>3907292
The GBA remake is horrible they made it feel like an entirely different game! The new sound track was decent I will give it that (David Motherfucking Wise) but why did they feel the need to change everything? They made the physics weird, the sound effects are ridiculous, the Brothers Bear look like actual bears for some reason and are hardly distinct from one another and the new mini games suck, especially the one where you more or less play a special stage from Sonic 2.

I guess you could say I'm not a fan.
>>
>>3906258
Dysfunctional Dong Deliverer

Also I think 2 is the best, I'd have to agree with OP. Still love 1 to death, though.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>3907312
>the Brothers Bear look like actual bears for some reason
I laughed until I actually looked it up.
>>
>>3907180
Honestly I don't get where you are coming from for the visuals at all. The games are all fairly balanced aesthetically, DKC3 is probably the one with most 'vivid' levels but at least a third of all three are dark, cavey or industrial levels.
>>
I know it's not the popular opinion but I always thought the DKC games were a SNES meme. Such boring repetitive gameplay. It's right up there with Crash Bandicoot for me, as the games I can't figure out what makes them fun. To each their own I guess. They do look good though.
>>
>>3907503
Name a platformer that doesn't have repetitive game play.
>>
>>3907994
Rocket Knight Adventures.
>>
File: 1490475004345.webm (3MB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490475004345.webm
3MB, 400x360px
>>3907074

Yep, I was just being a showoff.
>>
Personally liked the third DKC game most. Sure it was the easiest once from the "trilogy", but I don't know it was just all around good.
>>
2>>>>1>3.
>>
1 > 3 > 2

1 has a nice difficulty curve and doesn't overstay its welcome, also the best atmosphere in the trilogy. 3 gets placed above 2 due to its difficulty modes, 2 is boring as fuck until you unlock the extra stages. Dixie ruined the great balance that DKC had, not to mention OP critters like the spider or the snake.
>>
>>3907503
Have you played the entire series? The first one is probably the most generic of the trilogy, and DKC2 is one of the least repetitive platformers I've played. There's a huge amount of variety between the levels.
>>
>>3906258
>>>/v/
>>
>>3908387
Right? Rare went out of their way to make every stage feel unique, even when they shared similar level themes.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.