[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the hardest game I have ever played. In fact I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 596654.png (10KB, 512x449px) Image search: [Google]
596654.png
10KB, 512x449px
This is the hardest game I have ever played. In fact I can't beat it although it features unlimited continues.

The game is also shitty as fuck with some of the most awful level design in video game history. The real Super Mario Bros 2 is so much better it isn't even funny anymore.
>>
>>3905460
>The real
Did you know??
>>
>>3905460
Preach. Never liked the art style of the original Mario Bros., either. SMB2 US was overall a much more interesting game.
>>
b8?
>>
git gud, Johnny.
>>
File: PS_WiiUVC_SuperMarioBros2.png (80KB, 456x409px) Image search: [Google]
PS_WiiUVC_SuperMarioBros2.png
80KB, 456x409px
>>3905460
That's not SMB2. That's some rom hack or something.
>>
Lost level is SMB2 for asia people.
West SMB2 are "doki doki panic" hack to sell in name of SMB
>>
File: 7-3.png (23KB, 5632x272px) Image search: [Google]
7-3.png
23KB, 5632x272px
>>3905460
Did you get to this stage before you gave up? It's a lot of fun.
>>
Honestly, SMB2j shouldn't even be that hard anymore now that Mario Maker exists.
>>
>>3905460
If you play the SNES port, you can save after every level rather than every world

The block breaking physics are fucked though
>>
>Purple sky
You're playing the game OBJECTIVELY wrong. How does that feel OP?
>>
>>3905619
There's a fix for the blocks
>>
>>3905529

(You)
>>
>>3905460

I dunno man I never had All-Stars growing up so I never got to play jap smb2 until the the DX gameboy color game and fucking loved it.
>>
>>3905637
Are you fucking blind? That's clearly a blue sky.

>hurr durr it's not blue if it isn't 100% blue channel only
>>
File: SI_WiiU_SuperMarioMaker.jpg (144KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
SI_WiiU_SuperMarioMaker.jpg
144KB, 1000x500px
>>3905637
what now?
>>
>>3905460
>This is the hardest game I have ever played.
I admit I don't like this game as much as other Mario games like SMW or Mario 64 but I it's not that hard once you've spent some time on it. The NES/Famicom alone had tons of games that were more difficult (or just more annoying), not to mention almost every arcade game, computer RPG and tougher games on older and newer platforms.

Some of the levels actually are well designed if you like to go fast through the levels. I'd like to add that I like some aspects of SMB2USA but as a Mario game it just doesn't have the same replay value and "feel" of other installments like let's say Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario Land 2. It ain't bad just like LL ain't but it can't compare with the rest, not even with the original SMB. I'd take it over the "New" SMB games though.
>>
>>3905460
>I can't beat it although it features unlimited continues.
U say it like there wasn't A+Start in the first one. I mean I can see how it wasn't common knowledge, but I figured it out by accident when I was 8 or 9.
>>
>>3906153
The first one is not that difficult though.
>>
>>3905460
I just played through Return To Dinosaur Land (smw/allstars hack)

That was no joke.

Lost Levels is probably my favorite game though.
Used to get flakka when it was legal and do speedruns for shits and gigs.
Protip-- don't bother with mushrooms or flowers, mario is faster and more manueverable when small.
>>
>>3906171
>that one faggot in the world that likes Lost Levels the best of all video games frequents the same video game board as I am
Feels bad man.
>>
>>3906208
I'm sorry you can't git gud, bruh
>>
>>3906212
Not like beating a bad game makes it magically better. I don't remember a single level where I had fun in SMB2.
>>
>>3906029
That looks pretty blue to me.
>>
>>3906216
I like it. Different strokes.
Did you not like Mr Gimmick or similar?
>>
>>3906171
>>3906208

Lost Levels is one of my top favorite games too. It's my absolute favorite Mario game.
>>
On a side note I remember as a kid I rented a copy of Super Mario 2 Japan from my local US video store, had a xeroxed manual in Japanese, I I don't remember what the cart looked like but it played fine on my NES. Anyone remember if bootleg carts were floating around back then or what? It is odd thinking about it now years later.
>>
File: Super Mario Bros. 2j.png (252KB, 602x480px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario Bros. 2j.png
252KB, 602x480px
>>3905460

I completely agree that real Mario 2 is far and away the superior game, but shit, son, if you haven't gotten all the stars like pic related and beaten world D with both Mario and Luigi, you are on the wrong motherfucking board.
>>
>>3905479
SMB2 is a masterpiece from the visuals to the sounds to the level design, and, little known fact-o-rama, it was once designed not with Mario in mind but as a Donkey Kong game known as Donkey Donkey Panic.
>>
>>3905460

OP confirmed for scrub
>>
>>3907164

^^ This. Really cool factoid.
>>
>>3907164
The joke falls flat because most people on here know what doki doki stands for. Try it on Reddit or in some YouTube comments.
>>
>>3905460
Fun fact your actually playing a port of s game called Duki Nuki Panic, the original Norwegian designed by Satoru Itoi. They had to change it cause the Australian market thought it was too easy.
>>
File: 1460476250730.jpg (169KB, 640x876px) Image search: [Google]
1460476250730.jpg
169KB, 640x876px
SMB2 does have a few of "those" levels that still give me trouble for the sheer amount of artificial shit they pull, but the game is otherwise beatable, especially if you abuse selective warping. I even managed to max out the stars on my title screen at some point.

Now, GnG on the other hand....
>>
File: 564068720.jpg (136KB, 394x399px) Image search: [Google]
564068720.jpg
136KB, 394x399px
>>3907390
>being this new
>>
Yep, there's a reason why they didn't continue to release this as SMB2 in some places. The levels are pissy, with all the charm of a game saying "fuck you". Even some of the warps go ass backward. And there's eerie faces on everything. That's weird.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.