[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game has a block button >It's really shit and useless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: batman returns snes.jpg (320KB, 1138x783px) Image search: [Google]
batman returns snes.jpg
320KB, 1138x783px
>Game has a block button
>It's really shit and useless and you'd be better off jumping around or swinging

ITT: Games with useless features and mechanics
>>
>>3905334
No, you just don't know how to use it. Blocking is important because on harder difficulties enemies will do okizeme on your ass and knock your ass down again before you can move away. So it's better to take block damage rather than non-blocked damage.
>>
>>3908214
>on harder difficulties

Who in the fuck bothers with those aside from massive turbo nerds?
>>
>>3908234
where do you think you are right now?
>>
>>3908234
That is pretty irrelevant
>>
>>3908234
>game has a useless mechanic
>actually it's not useless
>what are you a fucking nerd?
just leave
>>
File: 1488836296478.png (155KB, 350x729px) Image search: [Google]
1488836296478.png
155KB, 350x729px
>>3908234
>not wanting the good ending
>only wanting to play some of the game
I bet you use save states.
>>
>>3905334
I never used the barrel roll in spyro
>>
Shields beyond the first and cheapest one in Wonderboy in Monsterland. There is no point. They don't block any projectiles that the cheapest shield can't, they aren't any larger, there is no benefit at all to the higher level shields. It's nothing short of wasted gold to buy anything besides the cheapest shield.

Super Metroid has the superbomb nova thingie, where you could trade missiles and stuff for health. 99% of players never figured out how to do it or even knew it existed, and the 1% who did never had a use for it since they had already played the game to a point where it was no longer a challenge. Nifty as hell, but ultimately pointless.

Punching in Alone in the Dark or Alone in the Dark 2 appears to take more time than kicking in addition to doing less damage. Or at least that's how I remembered it. Been well over 10 years since I last played. I just remember punches being worse than worthless.

You can use two controllers so control of your team can be split between two players in FF6. What sort of a dick pulls out an RPG when his friend asks for a co-op game?

The Tanooki suit's special ability in SMB3. Yes, you are invincible. But you are stuck there until the danger passes, giving other enemies plenty of time to get in your face. This really limits how useful it can be, since you are better off dodging and running anyways. Even better, it's roughly as rare as the Hammer Brothers suit, meaning you only get a few chances to use it, and those chances happen on the later levels where the enemies swarm you more. Whereas the Hammer Brothers suit is amazingly powerful and useful, the Tanooki suit is just the Leaf with an added useless ability. Makes you wonder why they bothered. Just like how they bothered to program and add the Shoe in the game, and only gave it to you for ONE SINGLE LEVEL.
>>
>>3908262
They made the shoe purposely special
>>
>>3908248
Kek and rekt
>>
>>3908262
>Shields beyond the first and cheapest one in Wonderboy in Monsterland. There is no point. They don't block any projectiles that the cheapest shield can't, they aren't any larger, there is no benefit at all to the higher level shields. It's nothing short of wasted gold to buy anything besides the cheapest shield.

Better shields reduce knockback from enemy attacks.
>>
>>3908262
>, it's roughly as rare as the Hammer Brothers suit,

But that's not true, anon. Tanooki suit shows up in a bunch of levels. I don't have time to autism and mark every place

> the Tanooki suit is just the Leaf with an added useless ability.

It requires knowing how and when, but it adds a layer of versatility that the raccoon suit can't. Stop on slopes, midair drops, kill 'unkillable' enemies, etc.

>Shoe in the game, and only gave it to you for ONE SINGLE LEVEL.

Kuribo's boot was intended for several levels that got cut. Just like the green parabeetles level on the back of the box. I always wanted more shoe levels.
>>
>>3908292
Amazing. It actually does something, just something that's pretty much worthless. I was wondering why I never noticed any benefit.
>>
Kicking in Wrestlefest. I can 1cc this game in my sleep, meaning I've played it hundreds of times, but have literally never seen a kick actually hit anyone. Even if it could, punches are 10x better.
>>
>>3908254
Spyro has a Barrel Roll?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.