[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to beat any zelda game without a strategy guide?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

File: 010.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
010.png
4KB, 256x224px
Is it possible to beat any zelda game without a strategy guide? With one I'm fine but I just tried link to the past again without one and I'm stuck wandering aimlessly because I don't know where I'm supposed to go.
>>
>>3903981
Ocarina of Time was designed to be easy and boring, no strategy guide necessary.
>>
>>3903997

I heavily relied on a strategy guide for ocarina of time. You would have no idea where to go to each section of the game without it. How am I supposed to know I'm meant to go up a mountain and not down in the water or over in the desert etc?
>>
Check your map, and actually read what the game is telling you.
>>
>>3904006
Most of the time something prevents you from going to those places until the proper time, like the Gerudo desert guard not letting little kid Link in, or the forest temple being inaccessible until you reach the point in the game where you get the item that gets you up there.
If the player spends enough time wandering they should be funneled towards the next objective by process of elimination.
>>
>>3904007
The game tells a lot of stuff.
>>
>>3904006
Sounds like these aren't your kind of games, maybe you should try something like call of duty or mario instead. Or you could pick up a new hobby like cooking, you don't have to think for yourself if you have the recipes so it should be right up your alley.
>>
>Current objective is a flashing symbol on the map
>"I'm stuck wandering aimlessly because I don't know where I'm supposed to go."
I'm kinda amazed you managed to make a post without a guide.
>>
>>3904053

>without a guide

I read an article about 4chan and one on how to use image boards.
>>
>>3904064
do you read a guide on how to use the toilet and wipe your ass everytime you take a shit? just curious
>>
>>3903981
I've beaten every Zelda without a guide, so yes.
>>
>>3903981
Obvious troll is too obvious. Please /vr/, don't be your usual selves and take this bait. You can't be this terrible.
OT:unless you're playing the first Zelda game for the NES you'll probably never need it and even in that one case you'll only really need it to collect everything. You can find out things if you actually use your brain. Not that OP actually is this stupid but hey, whatever gets you more (YOU)'s, right?
>>
>>3903981
Stupid kids. The door locked behind you. You are in a room with a chest and an enemy. Hmmm... Durr.. what should I do?

ProTip: Defeat the enemy to open the door.
>>
Link to the Past isn't too bad compared to the earlier Zeldas. Only part I got stuck on was Ganon's Tower.

Also, kind of surprising how well the game plays on Super Advantage.
>>
>>3903981
What kind of faggot uses guides for games?
>>
>>3904161
There's nothing wrong with my brain yet I often get stuck in games like lttp and use a strategy guide when I can't find what to do next.

You're so cool though for being better at these games than I am.
>>
>>3903981
>Is it possible to beat any zelda game without a strategy guide?
Of course it is. I beat the GBA-version of pic related with no guide whatsoever.
>>
File: 1485264901242.jpg (1MB, 6100x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1485264901242.jpg
1MB, 6100x2500px
>>3903981
I literally just beat the ice dungeon in ALttP.
No, you don't need a guide to beat them. Take notes.
I beat every game up til WW without a guide.
>>
File: autism.png (1MB, 800x474px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
1MB, 800x474px
>>3904256
I think there is something wrong with your brain
>>
>>3903981
You're an idiot.
>>
>>3904161
You were new once.
>>
>>3904256
>You're so cool though for being better at these games than I am.
Nice attempt to change my first post but I ain't gonna fall for that. I never even implied it's easy to beat Zelda games without a guide because I'm good at it but because they're like that for anyone. Yes, that goes for you as well but sure, keep trying to delude others that you're terrible at it. You know you're only doing this to get other people's attention and I know that as well. The reason I'm writing this is so it'll be certain that you don't need to keep replying to me. Give it up OP, people are smarter than you think they are.
>>
>>3904414
I'm sorry but you have to explain yourself. What does being new have to do with having the ability to think? Unless you actually are mentally challenged you should be able to figure out things like in the OP. Even a kid can do that. If you actually are too retarded to figure that out then you wouldn't even be able to read or white anything on this board.
>>
>>3904435
this is why i don't like this board. the elitism.
>>
>>3903981
I beat LttP on SNES without a guide when it came out.
the cart comes with a little pamphlet thingy with some hints
>>
>>3904272
The thing about the ice dungeon was that you need the staff that creates blocks first but nothing ingame tells you that such a staff exists.
>>
>>3904435
Nope, I still can't understand you. Tell me, what's so "elitist" about that statement? Is this a new way of trolls to get attention by acting like they're upset? You guys sure seem to be innovative at times.
>>
>>3904446
Meant for >>3904437
>>
>>3904428

That's not even op you're replying to. I'm op. Stop being such a conspiracy theorist, I'm not pretending to be need guides, I literally do need guides. With the guide on Ocarina of Time for example I remember everything went great. I knew exactly what to expect at all times and where I should be going each step of the way. But I also kind of don't like being dependent on them because I want to be able to just pick up a game without thinking about it and have fun spontaneously. Whenever I try that though it always ends up with me wandering around not knowing what to do and then giving up after an hour or so.
>>
>>3904435
I doubt someone smart enough to beat any Zelda without a guide writes like you. No-one that smart is so disproportionally obsessed with proving it, like you and the guy in the last thread who claimed to have known about the Goron City shortcut during his first playthrough in OoT.

Why don't you people go role-play prodigies somewhere else?
>>
>>3904445
>you need the staff that creates blocks first
>you need
You don't "need" the cane of somaria to beat it, since it would be absurd to require an item from Level 6 to complete Level 5. The thing with the Ice Palace is that there's two loops in the dungeon that people seem to get stuck on quite often, and you need almost every single key in them to open the lowest floor. Once there, you need to hit a switch and then backtrack to do the last loop one more time just so you can get to the other side of the room where you push a block down to hold a switch. The only thing the cane of somaria does is cut out that last 10% of the dungeon. If I remember correctly, the GBA version actually altered that room so you don't even need to do that at all anymore.
>>
>>3904462
So you want to play a Zelda game with the solution right next to you otherwise you can't enjoy it? That's like being mad that people can get their degree without being able to cheat the whole way through.

>>3904463
>No-one that smart is so disproportionally obsessed with proving it
Excuse me? Where did you get the idea I'm "obsessed with proving" how smart I am?? The only I thing I did was stating the obvious. It's not my fault you're too lazy to read something and comprehend it fully without lashing out at others.
>>
>>3904463
Wait, do you mean the shortcut to the Lost Woods? Do you mean to say there are people that didn't find it on their first playthrough then?
>>
>>3904475

>That's like being mad that people can get their degree without being able to cheat the whole way through.

I am kind of mad about that too desu. I'd prefer living under a communist regime where everyone was made forcibly equal so I wouldn't end up as a failure due to my own personal lack of ability.
>>
>>3903981
Don't give up OP. The point of the Zelda series is adventure, your supposed to wander. Enjoy the little things you find along the way of the main questline.
>>
>>3904475
Your condescending verbology speaks volumes for how hard you are projecting.

>>3904478
Yes, but the fact you don't know exactly what I'm referring to probably means you didn't figure it out either. And that you still don't know "the secret." That you can blow it open before the Power Bracelets.
>>
>>3904536
Did you somehow not figure out how to open the goron shop either? Because that's pretty much the only way you can manage not to have figured out opening the shortcut.
>>
>>3903981
Easy as long as you have some time to burn, stop finger fucking the a button and actually read, and look at a map once in a while
>>
>>3904559
You do make a good point, but nothing is to say that you would know to carry the stick up and prolong its burning by lighting a torch on your way.
>>
File: 1363832670975.jpg (825KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1363832670975.jpg
825KB, 1280x768px
>>3904445
That place is piss easy when you've played through it a few dozen times in your life.

Oh, I forgot to mention here- >>3904272
ALttP is my favorite game of all time.
FFIX takes second(talk about strategy guild lel), and Metroid Prime third(that atmosphere and music is godly).
>>
>>3903981

They should have objective markers, but they don't because they don't value the player's time.
>>
>>3903981
The only ones really worth guides are the first two games, ALttP and everything after are just fine without guides.
>>
>>3904152
fucking this, op if you need a guide i don't know what to say
>>
>>3904536
>Your condescending verbology speaks volumes for how hard you are projecting.
Is this supposed to be a joke or are you seriously accusing me of something you're doing even worse yourself? Do you have a real argument as well or is that all?
>>
>>3904256
Eh considering I've never used a guide in zelda and beat my first zelda game at eight years old (links awakening on gameboy og) I'd say u are pretty retarded 2bh m8.
>>
I beat OoT, LttP and Oracles as a kid who couldn't even read english, how can you not?

Yeah some parts are harder than others but in general they are easy games.
>>
I have done every Zelda game that I have played without a guide...
>>
>>3904817
They have markers
>>
>>3903981
I've beaten literally every Zelda game without a strategy guide? I'm pretty sure 99% of people who beat any game do so without a guide...
>>
Is it even possible to beat any Mario game without a guide?

Pic related, I'm stuck in this. First off why can I only move left and right lol?

Also I have no idea how to trigger a dialogue option with this NPC. Every time I try to talk to it I just die. Help please?
>>
>>3906056
spend an hour or so grinding, you get stronger each time you die but there's no indicator for it because it's old.
>>
I will admit I peeked at a guide for a few of the stray fairies in Majora's Mask but aside from that I did it blind same as every other Zelda.
>>
>>3903981
You might want to look into the secret art of gitting good....or, at least, git average enough to beat a fucking Zelda game on your own

>>3903997
This
>>
>>3904272
>Take notes

You only to do this if you're a degenerate subhuman with an inferior brain that can't retain information for more than a minute.

You know, like most of the scum on this planet.
>>
>>3904006
Explore different areas, memorize notable objects and inaccessible locations, then come back when you have equipment that will let you access those objects/areas. Lots of games have that kind of exploration, like oldschool Resident Evil and almost any RPG.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>3907424
>>
Not OP but kinda interested actually, were anyone who were around for the actual release of zelda 1 and 2 able to beat it with a guide or outside help? From ALttP I can see no one needing a guide but I'm interested how you guys managed with those two. I hate admiting it but for those two I definitely looked up a guide more times then I would like to admit.
>>
>>3907820
Heh, is that all you're capable of? A 'witty' image reaction macro? Subhuman worm, I can't wait to wipe you and your ilk from this plane of existence...

*teleports behind u and unsheathes the codex of wisdom* heh........
>>
>>3905317
I don't know how much you are trolling or how delusional you are about your gaming ability but that is not how it works.

Even if someone is not a fast runner, that doesn't mean there is something "wrong" with their legs. So just stop your horseshit, just stop.
>>
>>3907874
An 8 year old boy was able to figure out things you couldn't in a child's video game. That means you're dumber than an 8 year old boy lol.
>>
>>3903981
>Is it possible to beat any zelda game without a strategy guide? With one I'm fine but I just tried link to the past again without one and I'm stuck wandering aimlessly because I don't know where I'm supposed to go.

You'll have to try a harder bait.
English isn't my native language and I beated ALttP when I was a little kid without knowledge of the language.
>>
>>3904006
how did you need a strategy guide when Navi was giving you hints periodically
>>
>>3908297
>You'll have to try a harder bait.
>replies
Eeesh.
>>
I needed to search things on google for my first playthrough, not that I couldn't do it on my own. 2D Zelda games are just fucking boring and I didn't want to take a long time.
>>
All of you people who needs guides for Zelda other than the first NES game should stop playing videogames, period.

You should learn life first.
>>
>>3909070
Just shut the fuck up. Just shut up. What kind of advice is that, how fucking autistic and messed up can you seriously get that this sounds like a good thing to say? You're a faggot.
>>
I beat LttP when I was 5 without a strategy guide or help. When I was older a friend was talking to me about the dude under the bridge in the light world that gives you a bottle and I didn't believe him at all, because hey, I beat the game right? No way I could miss a bottle.

But fuck me a fourth bottle would have been really nice.
>>
File: 1488293039288.jpg (126KB, 704x801px) Image search: [Google]
1488293039288.jpg
126KB, 704x801px
I hate to admit, Twilight Princess gave me a few problems, and I'm still having to consult a guide to figure out where to go after clearing the Arbiter's Grounds.

I beat every retro Zelda without a guide. And all these underage newfags go on bragging about how TP is the "easiest" game in the series. Am I this out of touch?
>>
>>3907874

This thread impresses me because I've skimmed it to this point and I still can't figure out whether the people claiming these games are hard are trolling. Yes the first couple of games have obscure bits a person can get stuck on, but god damn, Link to the Past an onward are easy mode period. They are for kids, and they're polished to the point where you CANNOT fail unless you are genuinely stupider than an ordinary child. There aren't any weird snags to get caught on. It is true kid stuff and if you fail at it then fine, I'm not saying you're a bad person IN GENERAL, but with respect to solving rigorous problems such as those presented by video games, yes you are inferior to most of us. Unless you're trolling in which case you're just regular 4chan stupid and not necessarily MORE stupid than the rest of us are.
>>
>>3909614

--oh and in spite of all that it's still hard to tell whether this is all trolling, because... well some people are pretty stupid right? It's scary to think that many people are this bad at thinking, such that they cannot solve trivial puzzles, but of course they are...
>>
The older zeldas before OoT for the most part were designed for you to explore and figure out what to do. Not knowing what to do next is intended, its not a flaw.

Of course being stuck for too long is a problem, what parts got you stumped? The only thing in Link to the Past that got me looking at a guide was the fairy that upgraded the bow. There's no indication that she will only upgrade the bow, and by the time I found her I had many items so I didn't want to scroll through each one with trial and error.
>>
>>3909139
>that image
>ever camelot software game ever

REEEEEE
>>
>>3903981
I was able to beat Link's awakening for the Game Boy and A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS with out a guide or any outside help.
>>
>>3909614
You seem to have this idea that skill at videogames is related to being "stupid" or smart.

It's really not, not like you're putting it across as.

"genuinely stupider than an ordinary child."

I mean, I'm sure an average child is better than me at some aspects of intelligence, but that is not the right way to put it. The word "stupid" implies a lot more than not getting something as quickly as many or most people in a puzzle.
>>
>>3903981
Yes. Countless kids who are now your gramps age did it
>>
>>3903981
I beat every Zelda game after AoL without one, most of them as a child. So maybe you're just bad a video games and deductive reasoning.
>>
I beat Alltp when I was 10, and since I'm from Brazil I needed to have a dictionary close at habd to translate every single word. I was abke to beat it without a guide and it also made me learn a lot of English.

The onky reason to use guides in Zelda gane would be for the first one and for the crazy timmed quests in majoras.

Everything else is piss easy and anyone with a small amount of reasoning skill is able to finish.
>>
File: 1363832543545.jpg (28KB, 495x425px) Image search: [Google]
1363832543545.jpg
28KB, 495x425px
So I just beat ALttP again...

It really is a flawless piece of entertainment. I'm trying my damnedest to find any problems with it and nothing. NOTHING pops into my head. How did they get it so damn perfect? I mean it was made back in the days when devs were still sorta flying by the seats of their pants.

I guess MAYBE I can say the rare slowdown points are a slight flaw but they never hurt my gameplay.
Fuck you Miyamoto why did you and your company have to shit the bed with the N64 onward?
>>
>>3903997
Some of the heart pieces are kind of bullshit.

And getting the Skulltulas is a pain in the ass as well, but that's totally optional.

Otherwise yeah, it's an easy game. Even LttP had harder puzzles and combat
>>
>>3911280
Have you played Between Two Worlds? It's intentionally a homage and some of the puzzles are quite challenging. Of course, majority are still a bit easy.
>>
>>3912168
Bought it the day it released.
Not as good a it's big brother but better than anything since TP.
>>
>>3912187
*its*
>>
>>3904696
>3904696
>>3904696
>>3904696
ditto and earthbound for me, all the pop culture references and heart warming feels... THE FEEELS
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.