[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the place where we pretend SOTN wasn't the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

Is this the place where we pretend SOTN wasn't the best Castlevania?
>>
>piss easy
>"best" Castlevania

Okay
>>
>>3903737
Best is subjective depending on what an individual enjoys and wants out of a game. This is supposed to be a board for 18+ where people would understand that. Often doesn't seem to be the case though.
>>
in b4 australian guy
>>
File: mousasi.gif (1MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
mousasi.gif
1MB, 300x168px
>>3903745
>thinks 1, 3 and 4 weren't just as easy
kek

I'll give you 2 due to poor translation resulting in artificial difficulty, but for real sotn and order of eclessia are the best cv games
>>
>>3903737
Its the best game for casuals.
>>
>>3903779
>thinks 1, 3 and 4 weren't just as easy

What items in those games let you beat the end boss by just standing still with your shield out while you get healed the entire fight?

Which ones let you kill every regular enemy you come upon in seconds while you get healed the entire time?

Come on anon...
>>
>>3903803
It's almost as if learning mechanics of the game and abilities you earn over time improve your character. Who'd have thought?
>>
>>3903737
>baby's first CV
>best
>>
>>3903813
Yes, that's right
>>
>>3903812
That's completely missing the point. 1-3 require you to build that skill before the game becomes easy.

SotN doesn't in the same way. You can beat the game with almost no personal skill at all. You can literally beat the end boss just standing still, taking no damage with items you find in a normal playthrough. There's nothing in the first 3 games that is anywhere near that easy. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of the many ways that SotN's already low degree of difficulty gets completely tossed out the window.

Saying 1-3 were just as easy as it just makes it sound like you haven't played the games at all.
>>
>>3903821
>SotN doesn't in the same way. You can beat the game with almost no personal skill at all. You can literally beat the end boss just standing still, taking no damage with items you find in a normal playthrough
So you abused the game itself and expect I take you seriously. SOTN is more of an ARPG. items, gear and level grinding trivialise any difficulty it has but that still doesn't stop it from being the best cv, What's stopping you from using default gear and running through it like that - nothing

Again, sotn, ooe and rondo are the best, cry harder
>>
File: 3.jpg (58KB, 428x430px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
58KB, 428x430px
>>3903821
>>3903831
also, I'm sorry games no longer adhere to quarter sinks in arcades or over the to difficulty to prolong playtime as to justify prices artificially
>>
not even the best metroidvania (that would be Circle Of The Moon)
>>
>>3903831
Yeah let me just cripple myself because if I dont the game is too easy.
>>
>>3903861
...not even what i implied you fucking tard
>>
>>3903831
>What's stopping you from using default gear and running through it like that - nothing

Of course not, but you're still missing the point. You need to go out of your way, start with the luck code for lower stats, not kill too much so you don't over level and ignore most of the items and equipment you come across to make it even close to as challenging as CV 1 or 3.

Saying those games are as easy as SotN is absolutely ridiculous. There's no two ways about it.

Now that's not to say it can't be your favorite. There's nothing wrong with liking it more, but trying to say it's secretly hard or 1-3 are secretly really easy is disingenuous.
>>
>>3903872
You can beat NESvania games with basic memorization though, they're only as difficult as you let them be. Same with SOTN.

They're just different.
>>
>>3903882
>they're only as difficult as you let them be.

Not true. Not on the level of SotN. The way you're talking it sounds like you've never even played the earlier games.

The difference is that you need to build skill to be able to beat 1 and 3. With SotN even if you completely sucked, so long as you keep playing Alucard levels up and the game becomes easier though that alone. And that's if you go out of your way to avoid new equipment and items.

There are also no instant death pits so you don't even need to build skill at platforming the way you do in the earlier games.

There is nothing at all in SotN that comes close to the difficulty of either 1 or 3's clockwork towers. That's just the way it is.

Now remember all of this is not to say SotN can't be your favorite or there's anything wrong with thinking it is. But try to keep the reasons for liking it to reality, the way you're talking just makes you sound like you haven't played them.
>>
>>3903987
How do you feel about Chronicles?
>>
>>3904002
Good, as long as you avoid Arranged mode.
>>
File: 1471778009085.jpg (3KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
1471778009085.jpg
3KB, 109x125px
>>3903987
everything about this is sad
>>
Aria of Sorrow is the objective best.
>>
>>3904030
best rpgvania is portrait because of richter+maria mode
>>
>>3903987
>New Generation

kys eurocuck
>>
>>3903867
Thats exactly what was implied. You said if the games too easy play it differently.
>>
>>3904030
Julius mode is the best mode. The other other one is a collectathon for souls.
>>
>>3904034
>>3904126
I like Dawn's extra mode better than both of those.
>>
>>3903987
I'm wondering if this is Australia or just some copycat.
>>
>>3904142
We should ask the mods on the secret IRC to verify his location for us.
>>
>>3904131
Would be best, but sadly they left out a Grant clone.
>>
>>3904142
Most definitely him, "copycats" of Australia-kun don't exist, much less now that ahe is old news on /vr/.
>>
>>3904471
If he were old news the janitor wouldn't still be hunting down his posts and deleting them all the time.
>>
>>3906128
The janitor just deletes any posts that are obvious shitty trolling. That's why his get removed.
>>
the guy who thinks SoTN is as hard as CV 1 or 3 is a fucking idiot. He probably just wants (you)s
>>
>>3906156
He clearly never played them.
>>
I really don't like the last boss of Castlevania 3 and his fucking instant death ringouts.
>>
>>3906128
There's a bunch of shitposts on /vr/ that don't get pruned though, and it always seems like his memes in particular get targeted by the mods. Really the janny should stay out of it, some guy could just accuse you of being Australia-kun and they would side with them and delete their posts over a retarded boogeyman. That's probably what the people who cry wolf want though, so they can feel like they won an argument.
>>
>>3906173
>Really the janny should stay out of it
It's literally his job, dipshit. Australia and his ilk are trash. No one wants to hear your back seat moderating.
>>
>>3906176
>It's literally his job, dipshit.
Abusing his powers for censorship to promote an echo chamber isn't part of his duties, retard.

>Australia and his ilk are trash.
Perhaps, but the people who whine about him incessantly are trash as well, though.

>No one wants to hear your back seat moderating.
Why are you defending the janny so desperately? Are you one of the shitters that get triggered by Australia's opinions?
>>
>>3906186
>Abusing
Proper moderation isn't abusing. They exist for a reason.

>Why are you defending the janny so desperately?
Because I don't like seeing this place turned into a shithole by trolls like you.
>>
>>3906173
>There's a bunch of shitposts on /vr/ that don't get pruned though
Maybe because other shitposts aren't posted as often as Australia's.
Why do you care so much, anyway?
>>
Don't worry.
When Bloodstained fails, everyone will shit talk SotN and claim that no one ever liked it.
>>
>>3907675
>SotN and claim that no one ever liked it.
So... they'll finally be honest?
>>
File: CVlP2fm.png (359KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
CVlP2fm.png
359KB, 474x528px
>Is this the place where we pretend SOTN wasn't the best Castlevania?

Why yes, you've come to the right place.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.