[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the line that separates normies from people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: cuties.jpg (28KB, 320x320px)
cuties.jpg
28KB, 320x320px
What's the line that separates normies from people who belong on /vr/?
>>
Man, t/rv/or has a lot of fangirls.
What is it about retro games that attracts girls so much?
>>
File: 1481064187861.png (79KB, 496x384px)
1481064187861.png
79KB, 496x384px
Anyone who sincerely likes video games belongs on /vr/.
>>
>>3902782
Normies play mainstream shit while we play slightly less mainstream shit.
>>
File: NES-vs-Sega-Genesis-696x393[1].jpg (25KB, 696x393px) Image search: [Google]
NES-vs-Sega-Genesis-696x393[1].jpg
25KB, 696x393px
>>3902782
This is the line
>>
>>3902804
This. Console Warriors are the normies.
True /vr/tual boys were idorts when they were kids.
>>
The fact that most of us know the specs of our old consoles.
>>
>>3902810
>google "console + wikipedia"
>get all the specs

Anyone can know that shit.
In fact, caring about specs is a very /v/ thing.
>>
>>3902814
/v/ falls for every marketing buzzword intel and nvidia throws out. They don't give a shit about specs as long as they think they're cool because marketing told them they were.
>>
>>3902817
/v/ will read and research every little bit of information and watch digital foundry videos because they care about very specific and nitpicky details about game performances, only because they can use that as ammo for console wars.
>>
>>3902782
emulation in 240p
>>
It's simple really.

Can you play Mario Party with your friends on an HDTV through composite and not be a massive bitch about it?
>>
>>3902782
Actually caring about retro games in 2017, like actually discussing them.
>>
>>3902782
Nostalgia.
>>
Instead of liking retro games, liking the idea of liking retro games.
If they're just accessories for your personal brand, you don't belong here.The line's kind of fuzzy, though.
>>
/vr/ is home to a handful of broken people that want to stay comfortably numb in vidya of old, when their lives were better.

However, after the "nerds", after the "geeks", "retro gamer" is the next big fashion/lifestyle trend.

Brace yourselves.
>>
>>3902981
>lifestyle
How can someone with no life have a lifestyle?
>>
>>3902782
>What's the line that separates normies from people who belong on /vr/?
is there a joke that i'm missing somewhere or is this a serious question

in the event that this is a serious question, shut up
>>
>>3902782
Using the term "normie" unironically.
>>
>>3903014
Because that's the point, sacrificing your life for the hobby.

Unhealthy, I know. But is true.
>>
Normies like pixels because it's cool to be retro, I like pixels because it reminds me of a simpler time and can tell the difference between actual pixel art and shitty indie game programmer art
>>
>>3902969
Fuckin this anon
"Nostalgia-chic" for lack of a better term is so popular it hinders actual discussion like on here
>>
>>3902952
Yeah. Normies are the nostalgic retards who think everything old is good, pay for roms and will pay outrageous prices for any crappy game just because "it's retro OMG MUH CHILDHOOD!!!!"

Meanwhile /vr/ Troopers like good games that happen to be old.
>>
I really hate those people who say (or do them self say) that they play game because of escapism
>>
>Using normie instead of newfag
Your newfaggotry is showing, OP.
>>
>>3902814
I think he means in the sense of being interested in how the system works and what it's capable of.

/v/ "cares" about specs as an excuse to prove a system they don't want to buy is shit.
>>
>>3902782
>look guys, I'm insulting "outsiders"! Am I fitting in yet???

Lemme guess, underage kid using the internet who thinks he's cool because he acts like an asshole?

>>>/v/ is that way.
>>
>>3902782
>What's the line that separates normies from people who belong
Retroarch.
>>
>>3903528
Those two words don't even mean close to the same thing.
>>
>>3903826
Not him, but he probably meant normalfag
>>
File: 1489899245931.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
1489899245931.gif
2MB, 696x478px
>>3902871
This seperates th /vr/ autism from the /vr/ normie. Im def a /vr/ normie. I give no shits about hoarder level game collections or crt bullshit. I just really like oldergames, but /vr/ doesnt usually talk about text adbentures, amstrad cpc, amiga or dos. Ive tried starting threads, only dos ever gets posts.

>Tfw 90% of /vr/ are doom fags and console war peasants. who dont give 2 shits about text adventures.
>>
The love for retro games.
>>
Importing/didn't start building their collection in the last 5 yrs/owning non Nintendo retro consoles/not thinking the N64 has the best library because of a couple 1st party titles

Fucking easy
>>
>>3902792
>>3902969

Ding ding ding. It isn't about Nostalgia or an accessory to how you look. It's about enjoying games before the arbitrary cutoff listed on the board.
>>
>>3904015
>Importing
In Sweden there's a bunch of retards who want to have SCN-copies of every NES-game for some reason, but everyone who actually plays the games seem to have some version of the Famicom.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.