[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Assistant director to Super Mario bros >co-director of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: tezuka[1].jpg (782KB, 1280x1011px) Image search: [Google]
tezuka[1].jpg
782KB, 1280x1011px
>Assistant director to Super Mario bros
>co-director of The Legend of Zelda
>Director of Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Yoshi's Island
>Assistant director for Mario 64

Yet Miyamoto gets ALL the credit.
>>
>>3900943
Agreed, no one ever talks about Tezuka

Unfortunately, he's also responsible for the soulless NSMB series
>>
File: sunsets.jpg (658KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sunsets.jpg
658KB, 1920x1080px
>>3900943
True.
>>3900964
And true.

But to be fair, I feel like Nintendo as a whole really started going downhill after 2008, so I can't point any fingers and say, 'yes, this person or these people contributed to Nintendo's downfall.' I'm sure it was a combination of many things.
>>
Name 1 thing Miyamoto actually contributed to LEGITIMATELY since SMB.
>>
Companies only draw attention to their behind-the-scenes people if it works well for their brand/image. Miyamoto's become the face of the company because Nintendo wants him to represent them. And he works well in that role, like a Japanese version of Willy Wonka, making Nintendo's image seem more youthful and iconoclastic (especially compared to their competitors).

And so people just fill in their assumptions about his work, almost always overstated because he's so well-known. I've talked to people who thought he "founded Nintendo" and designs every game they make.
>>
>>3901232

The Inafune effect. They're the face of the series, so people assume they do everything.
>>
>>3900943

He wrote the story to Legend of Zelda. Miyamoto came up with the vague concept of kids exploring a forest from his youth.
>>
File: SMWapeguide7.jpg (178KB, 1003x774px) Image search: [Google]
SMWapeguide7.jpg
178KB, 1003x774px
Young, skinny Tezuka on the bottom-right.
>>
File: really.png (76KB, 246x241px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
76KB, 246x241px
>Yet Miyamoto gets ALL the credit.
Because he was the one who came up with the concept of Mario, Zelda, Pikmin and others series first. Tezuka directed some of the best games Nintendo has made, but Miyamoto also was involved heavily in theses same games you mentioned. Both Miyamoto and Tezuka are good friends and each one helps the other when it comes to Mario.

The difference, again, is that Miyamoto is the one who created Mario and Zelda and Pikmin and such, not Tezuka. That's why Miyamoto is represented as the face of Nintendo.

Plus, Tezuka does get some spotlight too sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLoRd6_a1CI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRGRJRUWafY
>>
In before we have posters boldly declaring, in typical "informed contrarian" fashion, that Miyamoto contributed nothing of real value and is merely a frontman who steals credit.
>>
>>3901474
>this was the first famicom game I made that had a blue sky
purple sky apologists backed off

Maybe not as much related to this thread specifically (and maybe understandably so) but I wonder why they didn't take the opportunity to use Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2 for SMM. They weren't made by Miyamoto or Tezuka but it's not like Yokoi was a nobody and it's not like Nintendo forgot about those games, especially seeing they re-released both of them on the Eshop for the 3DS. SML2 especially would be interesting because of the carrot and the moneybags.
>>
>>3901486

Nah, he did lots of things. He really is one of gaming's God Fathers. He created many of the characters, and directed many of Nintendo's biggest early games, and co-directed many later ones. But I just find it so strange that tezuka is such a non-entity among fans.

There's so many people who say that World, or Link to the Past are their favorite games. How many of them think that Miyamoto directed them? It's the mistaken notion that Miyamoto directed all the old Mario and Zelda games that annoys me. Proper credit is not given.

Miyamoto set the stage and did the ground breaking work. Tezuka then build upon that and made the games reach even greater hieghts.
>>
>>3900943
Tezuka doesn't have a marketable face
I mean just look at him
>>
>>3901190
Every Zelda since.
>>
Yeah, and Ub Iwerks was the actual animator for all of the original Mickey Mouse shorts, but you don't hear animation nerds crying about it.

This would have been something interesting to argue about in the mid 90s when these guys weren't already set for life by being involved with the series that Nintendo will never retire, but now it's nothing more than fucking quizbowl trivia.

Like, I doubt the "real" creator of Megaman gives a shit that people credit Inafune because that guy left video games completely in the late 80s because they weren't for him while Inafune managed to actually keep Capcom from shelving the series like they do every single one of their other properties.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.