[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interested, do you guys care about needing to play games "as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: US wins.png (14KB, 520x239px) Image search: [Google]
US wins.png
14KB, 520x239px
Interested, do you guys care about needing to play games "as they were"? It seems more often today people make romhacks and such of already translated games but with fixed scripts or unaltered sprites. Interested how much you guys care about this stuff.
>>
>>3899202
>Interested, do you guys care about needing to play games "as they were"?

Yes. There's no logic to censorship. If the content was suitable for Japanese children, then I see no reason to change it before it reaches the States. (or Europe)

>romhacks

The ROM-hacking scene is shit. I just play imports with a rudimentary understanding of Japanese. I don't see any point in chopping up a game script and inserting some half-baked translation that has to make too many compromises due to space constraints. Worse, I don't want to play an "accurate" re-translation that gets riddled with Woolsey-isms.
>>
>>3899202
>do you guys care about needing to play games "as they were"?
Yeah, I'm not a fan of remakes. In my eyes if you're playing a game that's been significantly altered, you can't say that you've played the game at all.

>romhacks
I'll sometimes play hacks of games that I'm a fan of. Nothing wrong with having new content to play, even if it's not always (or often) of high quality. I also like translation hacks just fine, as long as they don't mess with how the game plays. Retranslations don't bother me, though I don't think making them is time well spent I'd still play them over a poorer official translation.
>>
>>3899940
So you're telling me if someone was to play a super mario bros romhack where the only difference is that mario is now blue they haven't actually played the game?
>>
>>3899238
> I just play imports with a rudimentary understanding of Japanese. I don't see any point in chopping up a game script and inserting some half-baked translation that has to make too many compromises due to space constraints.

willful ignorance in action, folks

>Worse, I don't want to play an "accurate" re-translation that gets riddled with Woolsey-isms.

uh, most fan re-translations do the opposite of that. you know, erase whatever teenage idea of "censorship" there was. you should be into it!
>>
>>3900041
>significantly altered
>>
The only acceptable ones are nude mods and the like.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.