[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to my first con today >ad said there would be arcade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3803.jpg (25KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3803.jpg
25KB, 275x183px
>go to my first con today
>ad said there would be arcade games
>only rockband and fast n furious machines
>browse booths or /vr/ games
>ebay scalper prices but irl
>everyone is smelly and has legend of zelda shirts
>leave after 20 minutes
>>
>>3897973
Where/con name?
>>
>>3897974
Gamer Con at Mohegan Sun in CT
>>
>>3897973
you sound like that guy in the picture that goes
>my feet is smelly
>this music sucks
>i wish i was at home

just gotta learn to have fun OP even if it's not as enthusiast-driven as expected
can't get picky with such a niche hobby
>>
I was at a con in VA last weekend, I know how that feels.

I did pick up a complete Japanese copy of Puyo Pop for SNES for $15, and I managed to beat a fucked-up version of the original Castlevania on some Konami arcade machine (time limit cut in half, start dying in three hits after the second stage)
>>
PROTIP: Get a nice buzz going before you go into one of these events.They are social gatherings for Big Bang Theory enthusiasts and cosplay whores, you will be absolutely miserable if you're stone-cold sober the entire time. Most hotels/convention centers have bars.
>>
File: imagesCAMQAGRN[1].jpg (4KB, 205x245px) Image search: [Google]
imagesCAMQAGRN[1].jpg
4KB, 205x245px
>>3898002
This is just good advice in general
>>
>>3897992
>gaming
>niche
riiight, what year is it?
>>
File: IMG_3806.jpg (40KB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3806.jpg
40KB, 236x324px
>>3898002
I went alone. If I got drunk it would just be more embarassing
>>
>>3897973
1.) Go to a better con
2.) Get buzzed

Don't expect good deals on retro games. Cons are there for people to have fun and socialized with folks of similar interests.

Bonus: If you go to a larger con (like five figure attendance) you usually get hot people showing up eventually. It's fun to party with them.
>>
>>3898050
>retro gaming
>not niche
>implying

OP probably didn't go to a retro con but still.
>>
>>3898072

I got black out drunk once at a con and made it with a only slightly overweight chun li cosplayer once.
>>
I went to this arcade expo a couple years ago with my friends and it was like all retro games and there were teenage girls there playing games with each other kids of course but probably dragged there by parents. It was cool to see younger people there seemed totally normie too no zelda shirts and cringy shit
>>
>>3898086
Right on dude!!

I maintain though, that "buzzed" is the best form of drunk. Things tend to get messy at the black out stage.
>>
>>3898083
>probably
who's implying now?
look up the con, they have it all, including a SFV tournament.
Gaming, retro or otherwise isn't close to being niche anymore.
>>
>>3897995
>fucked-up version of the original Castlevania
That was Vs. Castlevania. They had it at MAGfest this past year too along with a shitload of other games. I didn't beat it because I'm bad at video games.
>>
>>3897973
Did you go alone? Going to those things alone is boring. I go with friends occasionally and we just look at shit or make fun of the people we see. Very rarely will you find something for a reasonable price. Typically I just look at imports and stuff that I would probably be a bit of a hassle anyway to get.
>>
>>3897973
>going to a small con
What did you expect?
>>
>>3898002
>>3898009
These.
It can be a lot of fun when /kinda/ drunk and not giving a fuck about it. Understandable why OP would be disappointed. I went in stary eyed to my first one as well, came out with the same results.

But don't be the kind of person who loses his money sense when drunk, otherwise you'll start to pay the scalper prices, and we both know that would be bad news.
>>
There was a con, or game exchange kind of thing in Barrie today but I decided not to go. It's like 2 hours from where I live and it would have costed me another tank of gas, plus admission (so about $45 CAD) just to get in, when at best I would be paying normal retail/ebay prices. I suppose there is a social aspect to these, which I like, but I'm primarily there to find any games I might want. But anything I'm looking for at this point is either rare/uncommon or just hard to come by, and cost a ton anyway. Overall I'm glad I didn't go today. I'm just gonna stick to anything closeby.

>>3899747
>don't be the kind of person who loses his money sense when drunk, otherwise you'll start to pay the scalper prices

I'd wanna try getting a bit buzzed next time just to be more talkative/outgoing, but I'm so afraid that I'd start to make really stupid purchases. But I guess that's just a willpower thing. I just wish my friends were more into games (at least even physical games and shit) because I don't think there really into conventions and shit at all.
>>
>>3899978
I might just go to a big con near me and just bring beer with me, drink and chill out with the cosplayers rather than go inside.
>>
>>3897981
>Gamer Con at Mohegan Sun in CT

Southeastern CT licks humongous ass, tons of trailer trash. No surprise here.
>>
File: chunli.jpg (202KB, 640x1008px) Image search: [Google]
chunli.jpg
202KB, 640x1008px
>>3898086
Here, I found her pic
>>
>>3898009
>>3898002
what kinda disgusting person do you have to be to not have fun in public unless you were drunk? Don't go to places that don't interest you, jesus. I wouldn't fucking go so why force myself????
>>
So this is what /vr/ has come to. Dear diary threads and feel posts, but nothing about retro games.
>>
>>3900276
Just how I remember her
>>
>>3901512
Hell is other people
>>
>>3901592
>dear diary, i went on my favorite forum on 4chan today and i saw some things i din't like! I made a post telling everyone about it. I was really mad. Well, gotta get back to shitposting
>>
>>3901731
And that's why you're a forever alone shitposting tripfag
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>3902343
lol you think?
>>
>>3897992
>just learn to eat shit OP it's fun!

No go fuck yourself.
>>
>>3902848
Don't kinkshame, you monster.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.