[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /vr/ use private trackers? I mostly use them when I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 2

File: underground gamer.png (78KB, 1238x666px) Image search: [Google]
underground gamer.png
78KB, 1238x666px
Does /vr/ use private trackers? I mostly use them when I need to find some obscure ROM. The forums sometimes have translation projects up, but you might as well use GBATemp or ROMHacking for translation projects.
>>
Yeah, I'm on the tracker that replaced UG when it got shut down. I think the original staff made this one, or some of them at least.
>>
I use PleasureDome, which isn't really private. I've given trying to get into RW.
>>
>>3897512
I'd invite you to RW if I could. I have like 10 invites.
>>
>>3897512
What does RW stand for?
>>
>>3897295
I've used them a few times to find shit I couldn't get somewhere else. It's pretty rare because most people make stuff available publicly as soon as they get it from le ebik l33t haxor tracker.
>>
>>3897496
>replaced UG
wot
>>
>>3897295
I use IPTorrents for mine, but its a normal private tracker for everything.
>>
>>3897574

https://pastebin.com/8kXNEyiX

Mostly I'm just looking for a retro PC/Mac game tracker. PD has literally every console game.
>>
>>3897695

You're forbidden to speak its name, and they monitor /vr/. This has backfired on them, because nobody can upload shit there if no one knows who they are.

It's a tracker specifically for retro games. If you search for that on google, plus the site's initials, you might find it.
>>
>>3897695
RetroWith.in I think
>>
>>3897863
>>3897851
I searched for this and realized it's one of those empty "Nothing is here, order the domain now" sites, what gives?
>>
>>3897295
Not so much for older games unless it's something I absolutely can not find anywhere else however I do use a lot for movies and shows because public trackers usually end up with some super compressed version as the one with more than two seeders.
>>
>>3897891
Hmm, I wonder what could be going on. . . .
>>
>>3898081
What if it's just some kind of clever disguise?
>>
>>3898081
>>3898091
Member of the website here. It's a disguised page. If you type in your login credentials it takes you to a page that looks just like the OP image.
>>
>>3897574
If you're willing to hand out another invite code,

https://pastebin.com/ytWtktR2

I've been on demonoid and bakaBT for a while, so I know to seed.
>>
>>3898154

Well, if we're handing out invites

https://pastebin.com/UK6d4fAG
>>
>>3898179
Also I'm pretty good with seeding, and it would be nice to download retro vidya stuff
>>
>>3898170
>>3898179
>>3898170
>>3898179
Sorry, but I'm not inviting anyone from here. Private tracker staff are autistic about who you invite. For all I know you're staff on RW trying to bait people into sending out invites. Trust me, I would happily invite you if it didn't put my account at risk. All I'll tell you is that if you can get into GazelleGames and move up a few user classes there is a thread in the invite forum for RW invites.
>>
I'm not going to ask how to enter or anything because if I have to, then I surely don't deserve it yet but I'm going to ask this: what's with all the secretism of these pages?
>>
>>3898238
Well shit, I look like an idiot now
>>
>>3898242
>what's with all the secretism of these pages?
The misguided idea that not allowing registration keeps the tracker free from being a honeypot, when in reality government employees and copyright holders are there anyway.
>>
>>3898242
IIRC UG went down because groups or people or w/e were going after them for copyright reasons. The staff from UG created RW in secret and want it to be super sekrit to avoid being shut down like UG did. They have ways of telling who you are even if you post a screenshot of one of the pages.

>>3898248
It's fine m8
>>
>>3898250
now that I think about it, this seems like a pretty risky can of worms to get into... I'll still lurk this thread though
>>
>>3898254
It's hardly risky. It's not like music with RIAA.

Here's a page that has pictures from inside the website. Although, the guy who took them was probably banned.
http://torrentinvitez.com/showthread.php?36608-RetroWith-RW-Games-Review-2016
>>
>>3898238
>GazelleGames
Is GGn even up? I just endlessly get cloudflare error bullshit.
>>
>>3898295
It's been up for awhile now however they were down for nearly all of last year.
>>
>>3898297
Figured it out, bookmark was still on http rather than https.
At least my torrents were seeding fine still.
>>
>>3898179
in b4 you get b& and everyone that uses those invites
>>
There's nothing on private trackers that can't be found elsewhere
>>
>>3898238
>>3898170

I'm not, but I understand. I'm only looking for one game in particular, anyways.
>>
>>3897295
Is there any private tracker or whatever that hosts rips of modern commercial homebrew games? I would normally buy them, but I hate how a lot of Famicom homebrew are only released on NES-cartridges without any proper Famicom release.
>>
>>3898361
I didn't get invites, and I don't think any invites are going to be given
>>
UG is stupid because they hosted new games.
No one gives a shit about old games being pirated that's why public websites dedicated to retro stuff actually survive.

Here's a Russian website for retro PC games. ISO copies of original english CDs, patches, scanned documentation.
http://www.old-games.ru/
>>
>>3898663
>UG is stupid because they hosted new games.

Pretty sure it got taken down because of threats by EA over old sports titles.
>>
>private tracker for retro games
What's even the point? No company cares if you dowload twenty year old games. Most stuff is even hosted publicly on rom sites.
>>
>>3897805

retrowith.in
>>
>>3898693
>linking it
What's the point? We pretty much went beyond the point of "you're not gonna get in"
>>
>>3898672

I've noticed that the Macintosh Garden doesn't have any EA games.
>>
Piracy is illegal. You have all been reported to the cyber-police. Consequences will never be the same!
>>
>>3898884
I love watching that video, he probably realized at some level that he can't do shit.
>>
>>3898250
That's horseshit I've posted screens of it here before and never even got a warning.
>>
>>3898673
Some group cared enough about a PC port of FIFA 98 to take UG down.
>>
>>3898250
>The staff from UG created RW in secret and want it to be super sekrit to avoid being shut down like UG did.

Wrong. The main admin of UG is not involved; the people starting RW were the few secondary admins and mods who wanted their power trip high.

One of them even threatened at one point to shut the place down and delete all backups, just to get people to shut up.
>>
rw is great Everything you want is available there.
>>
Internet archive has everything these days, who needs private tracker shit.
>>
>>3898672
Not far from the truth.

My observation was that shortly before it got shut down people were uploading lots of GoG packages for that sweet sweet ratio and whatever e-perks (which would include plenty of EA games).

Ironic considering the site had torrents well curated by the users themselves especially when GoG curates a bit of their product with cracked versions. It was that one little thread that had to ruin it all.
>>
>>3897512
Pleasure Dome has been good to me.

God I miss what.cd though
>>
>>3898884
can you download the foo fighters
>>
So I'm guessing none of us are really going to get into these trackers or really have anything to say about the trackers other than how autistic they are with obscurity.
>>
Newfag question: I know the basics about torrents, but can someone explain what a tracker is and how it works?
>>
>>3902839
It's the site the torrents are hosted on, where all the leechers and seeders go to, some let just about anyone grab torrents, others need an account, and private trackers essentially don't let anyone in unless allowed into by owners or invited by other members, some require an interview process and many are pretty anal about how you talk about them in outside sites and how much you seed. The advantage of Private trackers is that they usually have better, more obscure stuff, better quality, less likely to have viruses, and also tend to have better seeding.

I probably fucked up the explanation though
>>
>>3902839
How would you know the basics if you don't know what a tracker is?
>>
>>3898305
I'd be careful when it comes to downloading any modern stuff. Seems like every time I go there a new posting is up about there being a bitcoin miner hidden in a game.
>>
>>3902808
It isn't hard at all to get into these (or any really) private trackers, you just have to put in a small amount of effort (which 99% of people wont do).
>>
>>3902883
Close, but no cigar.

What you're describing are sites that list torrents/magnet links for download, but those aren't the same thing as trackers, even if in many cases servers fulfill both functions at the same time, especially with pricate trackers.

Tracker is a server your client connects to when you add a torrent to it. Tracker lists other people who are downloading/seeding the same torrent and facilitates the initial connection between them. So when using torrents you're downloading from other people, but trackers tell you who those people are.

Of course there are methods to connect to uther users even without trackers.
>>
How the fuck did people even get into RW?

I was a member of UG for quite a few years, albeit not active in forums or anything like that, and I only ever hear about it here.
>>
Private trackers are the most cancerous shit I've ever seen.
You're supposed to share torrent, not to keep them and build a shitty community around your stuff so you can "control" who gets it.
>>
>>3903470
>How the fuck did people even get into RW?

They sent an email to all users when UG went down on how to get in. Dig through your emails on whatever account you used to sign up for and maybe the process will still work.
>>
>>3903498
What? I didn't get anything of the sort.

Is there really a way to get invites through GGn's forums? I'm not comfortable posting in a forum or uploading, but I seed to infinity and beyond. If anyone wants to throw an invite my way I can show you my current GGn ratio + my old UG/BG ratio. I miss UG, man.
>>
>>3903962
>What? I didn't get anything of the sort.

If you can remember check your email around the date when UG went down because it was sent almost right away. They give info on the refugee forum and from there you just gotta ask for an invite.

This is personally why I find the fight club mentality they got going on to prevent it from getting shut down again fucking retarded because they more than likely already gave another watchdog group all the info they need.
>>
>>3903962
you are on GGn. Then become a pro gamer user class. Its should not be hard.
>>
i was on UG for a while but that seed ratio shit was fucktarded. i miss snesorama. that was my favorite
>>
>>3904054
>If you can remember check your email around the date when UG went down because it was sent almost right away. They give info on the refugee forum and from there you just gotta ask for an invite.

This is false. I got nothing of the kind.

They probably selectively sent out emails, or asked around through IRC.
>>
>>3904093
Try going on the irc and asking about the refugee forum. That's really all the email told you to do anyway.
>>
>>3904076
there was always something on freeleach to build ratio.

>>3904093
agree. there was no emails being sent or if they was it was only for the highest user classes.

>>3904101
kek does the refugee forum even exist after all these years. RW is over 3 years old now.
>>
>>3904061
>currently just turned gamer
>the "easier" points to get are from talking on irc, forums, or uploading things
>most of my stuff are already on the site
>req. 600 points to pro gamer

Fuck this noise, man. 10 uploads, 500 irc lines or 50 posts for 100 points? I'll never make it to pro gamer. I hate talking on forums and chats, especially when there's always an established "in-group".
>>
>>3904108
>I hate talking on forums and chats, especially when there's always an established "in-group".
This is how they weed out the dedicated people from the casuals.
>>
>>3904104
I could be mismerbering things. I know there was a thing on the front page saying something like "REAL users know where to look" which was a hint to check your email but it could've just been the confirmation email you got after signing up giving info about their irc.
>>
>>3904112
You mean, people who don't like to talk much vs. people who do like to talk.
I've donated to private trackers, I seed everything for a long ass time, maybe trimming down my seed list every year or so. That's more dedication than posting on the forum games board multiple times a day.
>>
>>3904118
Tell that to these
>10 uploads, 500 irc lines or 50 posts for 100 points
guys.
>>
>>3904108
kek no. The easiest way is to max out your snatches. And because every new upload is freeleach for the first six hours it should not be hard to collect points for the pro gamer status and gain access to the invite forum.
>>
>>3904121
I'll give it to the uploaders, for sure. Those guys do the hard work.
I just want the talking achievements to be lowered down a bit. 500 lines is a lot to say, especially if you don't chop your sentences into three lines or more.

>>3904128
I guess that's true. I should probably start downloading shit I don't really wait for these points.
>140gb/4TB for max 1000 points
Here we fuckin' go.
>>
>>3904132
Oh shit that's download, snatched max is 2000 torrents. Goddamn, who downloads that many individual things?
>>
>>3903498
>They sent an email to all users when UG went down on how to get in.

nah, I had something like 3 elite user and 1 of those very special snowflake super high user tier accounts there (whatever was the one above the green one). They never sent any emails out.

>>3904054
>This is personally why I find the fight club mentality they got going on to prevent it from getting shut down again fucking retarded because they more than likely already gave another watchdog group all the info they need.

The entire reason UG was good is because everyone could get in and share content easy. By making registration hard, they are bleeding out their own userbase. Unless they open up, they'll end up starving.
>>
>>3904396
Sounds sad, I was all for joining in, but after hearing how they're like in this thread, I don't think I can handle being in their new service
>>
>>3906275
If they haven't yet called you, it's unlikely that you'd be able to join anyway.

In fact talking about retrowith.in over here already guarantees you a ban even if you manage to join.
>>
>>3906473
So you just caused yourself to get banned? kek
>>
04UfbBF13fwD

Referral code for retrowith.in

First come first serve
>>
>>3906597
I'm guessing it was already used or disabled
>>
File: 1489543131480-1.jpg (199KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489543131480-1.jpg
199KB, 1280x960px
Back-ups.me

Where CoinOps was seeded for Xbox og pimps.
>>
>>3904396
>The entire reason UG was good is because everyone could get in and share content easy.
lol no. UG was just as had or easy get in as RW.
>>
>>3907616
>lol no. UG was just as had or easy get in as RW.

They purged old accounts at midnight, you then had a good half hour window to make a new account. You could literally make a new account every day if you wanted; I had something like 20 accounts there.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.