[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do I buy arcade cabinets? I want to have an arcade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: daytona-500w.jpg (72KB, 500x601px) Image search: [Google]
daytona-500w.jpg
72KB, 500x601px
How the hell do I buy arcade cabinets? I want to have an arcade legally, but there's not exactly an arcade store. Where is the business done?
>>
>>3895492
craigslist
game forum meetups
Old ass pizza places
>>
>>3895495
that's all second hand. are you telling me sega doesn't occasionally throw some shit together for pocket change?
>>
>>3895508
http://www.bmigaming.com/
I found the arcade store, but it's all popular stuff, and random amusements like skeeball. obscure japanese cabinets are harder to find.

this is going to be an adventure.
>>
>>3895492
>I want to have an arcade legally
Apply for all applicable licenses etc. And tray asking agin when you're either sober or older.
>>
Craigslist and... the klov forums (ugh)

You are going to need to learn how to fix everything yourself or pay out the ass for restorations.
>>
>>3895573
I'm good with electronics and wood. Everything's smooth sailing until I am forced to hire someone.

but I was really hoping to find how to get it OEM. I wanted to start with new machines. Specifically a new Initial D machine.
>>
>>3895573
wait scratch that. your klov site lists circuit boards. That will do!

Thank you!
>>
Are there some businesses that own machines and rent them out to other areas?
>>
>>3895790
Yes.
>>
You could always actually call Sega and other such companies through their business contacts.
>>
>>3896626
I would maybe contact them and ask if they would be willing to sell a machine. It's not the most dependent place to go to (sometimes they don't like to sell randomly to people) but it's a good start. Ask around.
>>
>>3897041
I'll probably end up doing that.
>>
>>3897047
I used to rent out my cabs and knew others who did. These people are usually pretty flexible. I sold cabs to private individuals and did custom cabs for use with consoles. Long before mame cabs or even mame was a thing.
>>
>>3895508
> Anon where can I get old console games?
> ebay, used game stores, craiglist, etc
> that's all second hand, are you telling me sega doesn't occasionally do a print run of sonic 2 for pocket change?

No they fucking don't you idiot
>>
>>3899393
i didn't ask for console games you useless cock warmer.
>>
>>3900071
yeah you did
>>
>>3900074
while you were busy being an oblivious dumbfuck for attention, I already found exactly what I wanted from this thread. Factory new OEM machines.
>>
>>3900301
Weren't you the kid who asked for Sega stuff?
>>
>>3895492
You're going to have to look around. I would build a Supergun and just buy boards.

Craigslist, going to conventions like Louisville Arcade Expo. That's how I found this dude http://www.arcaderescue911.com/ He has a youtube channel too. But if you ask around and meet people you'll come across some sooner or later. I've even seen some cabs are garage sales.
>>
File: Crayon momo chan.webm (235KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Crayon momo chan.webm
235KB, 640x480px
FUCKING GEEZ.

HOLD ON OP I'M TRYING TO FIND EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT. I BOOKMARKED IT AWHILE AGO BUT I CAN'T FUCKING FIND IT
>>
File: BASEBALL.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BASEBALL.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>3902943
I FUCKING FOUND IT.

https://www.arcade-game-sales.com/arcade-machines.html
>>
it's unironically my life's dream to own a super hang on machine

like, if there's ever any landmark to consider myself having "made it", it's that

i wish you guys luck
>>
File: 6.jpg (102KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
102KB, 800x600px
>>3895492
John's Arcade.. John's Arcade!
Hi Gais, we're in the basement again.
>>
>>3902954
Same for me, replace Super Hang On with Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.