[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was really underwhelmed by this and it wasn't cheap. has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: sonic wings.jpg (209KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sonic wings.jpg
209KB, 1440x1080px
I was really underwhelmed by this and it wasn't cheap. has /vr/ ever over payed for a retro game and it was shit
>>
File: Nothing_but_heartbreak_here.jpg (798KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing_but_heartbreak_here.jpg
798KB, 2592x1944px
>>3894163
All the time, got these when they were new.

I like Sonic Wings it's a standard but enjoyable shooting game to me.
>>
>>3894180
Your negativity for Sakura Taisen series becomes worse and worse everty time you post this photo.
Like, it was disappointment before, now it's just hate.
>>
>>3894163
I'd think twice before buying games for a cheaper system, let alone Saturn SHMUP.
>>
What stopped you from playing the game for free before buying the real deal?
It's your fault only.
>>
>>3894163
Well I paid ¥300 for that exact thing factory sealed a couple years back which was certainly overpaying but I consider it a pretty good game. I did pay retail+import for many games in the 80's and 90's but the games weren't retro at the time. So I guess it never happened to me.
>>
>>3894163
You could of spent that money on a new record for your vinyl collection or some more handlebar mustache wax or even a new hand crafted artisan wool scarf. But no, metal jesus told you to buy a shit game to just to bolster the value of his own collection. You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>3894357
didnt buy it to bolster my value of my collection, i bought it because i liked the arcade version and this pales in comparison, many people buy games because they enjoy playing them
>>
File: mr-bones-saturn-1331301464-015.jpg (42KB, 893x696px) Image search: [Google]
mr-bones-saturn-1331301464-015.jpg
42KB, 893x696px
I bought this years ago when I was just getting into the Saturn because it was cheap. There was a reason this is inexpensive, relatively, as you found out: uninspired level design, awful firing rate, and truly atrocious "1,000 different ships with 1,000 different hitboxes" design. Not to mention the aggravating loading times between stage end, victory quote, and "go to next stage" segments.

I'd rather play Sol Divide. At least that stinker is memorable.

OT: Mr. Bones. Another one I bought years back. Great music, horrendously bad game. I still shake my head when I think about the $40 I wasted on that turd. I couldn't even sell it back for what I paid for, so it stung extra hard. It was my first experience with "this is totally a quirky hidden gem!" being absolute crap.

Just buy or listen to the soundtrack on youtube; it's the only good part of the game.
>>
>>3894357
>new records
>boosting collection value
>>
You should just give it to me. I'll appreciate it.
>>
>>3894180
Fuck off anon. I genuinely liked that series. Give me your shit if you hate it so much
>>
>>3894357
>metal jesus told you to buy a shit game to just to bolster the value of his own collection
Is this why it's up? I never remember this game being over $20 ever
>>
>>3894163
If you don't like it that much, I'll buy it from you for $10.

>>3894357
>hand crafted artisan wool scarf.
>not a pashmina afghan

shit taste desu
>>
>>3894357
>metal jesus

This is like the third time in a week I've seen him mentioned outside of the e-celeb general. Is it just one mad autist or did he do something recently to piss this board off?
>>
>>3894475
Seems like he released dreamcast video which made some collecting people mad. Dreamcast, the console which has working HDD mod, two proper SD drive replacement, one shitty SD solution and also most models run backups without modification to console
I have no idea who this guy is, just saw mentions here as well.
>>
>>3894163
That dude has really nice legs... cute skirt, too. If he did something about his face, he could totally pass.
>>
>SHMUP
it's your own fault
WTF did you expect, nearly all SHMUPs are exactly the same thing
>>
>>3894163
i love it, then again i never played the home version
>>
>>3894450
i dont know but saturn prices have gone through the roof.
there are Japanese heavy quiz games going for 500 dollars on ebay in america
>>
>>3894563
>on ebay
>>
File: game.jpg (47KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
47KB, 540x960px
>>3894597
not just on ebay
>>
File: penis.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
penis.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>3894498

She looks cuter in sprite art.
>>
>>3894563
it used to just be american saturn shit that was expensive with a few exceptions

I hate everything
>>
>>3894163
>has /vr/ ever over payed for a retro game and it was shit

No, because I thoroughly research games before investing in them. I also set a budget for myself. It's very unlikely I'll ever allow myself to drop more than USD$20 on a single game.

>Sega Saturn

There's your problem. Everything for Saturn is overpriced. Saturn hardware itself is overpriced. I can appreciate that Saturn does have a few great titles, but I'd sooner invest in a PS1 or DC, if only because their library is more affordable. (And DC piracy is incredibly easy)
>>
>>3894703
>Everything for Saturn is overpriced.
Some very good games are in 100-500 JPY range. Not rare and not awesome games, but solid titles are really affordable.
>>
>payed

Ha-ha, nice meme, my friend!
>>
>>3894703
>Everything for Saturn is overpriced.

Remember the time when its best STGs, RayForce and Darius Gaiden could be had for peanuts? I sure do...
>>
no. I only will buy a retro game after I've enjoyed the fuck out of an emulated version and want a copy for my living room tv.
>>
>>3894696
I blame all those guides and people telling someone who was stupid enough to buy a Saturn as late as 2013 to import all their games because it's much cheaper.
>>
>>3894475
It's because he's a popular retro gaming channel, and every time he releases a video about 'hidden gems" or whatever it is, people think it makes prices go up
>>
>>3894746
yep and im fucking glad I got them haha
>>
>>3894703
I got my japanese saturn for 20 bucks and my US saturn for 10
>>
>>3894746
You can still get them for peanuts, as long as you adjust its price to the inflation of the US dollar.
>>
>>3895818
they both used to be 20 dollar games and that was only a couple years ago
>>
>>3894163
Rhapsody a Musical Adventure. It wasn't shit per se, but it wasn't the holy grail of RPGs the internet was hyping it up to be and it certainly wasn't worth $70 used.
>>
>>3895802
It DOES make the prices go up.
>>
love sonic wings special
>>
>>3894406
>didnt buy it to bolster my value of my collection

No. Metal fuckhead does this. He buys up copies of cheap ass games that no one gives a fuck about and then hypes everyone about them so everyone buys copies thus driving up the prices making his own collection more valuable.
>>
>>3895862
No he doesn't.
>>
>>3894163
Psyiko games in general are kinda meh, though i like Strikers quite a bit
>>
>>3895940
Only thing I really like about their games are the long constantly transforming boss fights. Kinda surprised they didn't just make an outright boss rush game because that would be awesome.
>>
>>3895845
any PS1 or SNES RPG with a semi-cult following is considered the holy grail of gaming.
That's why resellers have their own section dedicated to them.
>>
Burning Rangers
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.