[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The movie isn't really that bad excluding Daisy who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_4745.jpg (93KB, 491x688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4745.jpg
93KB, 491x688px
The movie isn't really that bad excluding Daisy who is fucking terrible.
>>
File: daisy_and_luigi_playing_snes.jpg (46KB, 680x461px) Image search: [Google]
daisy_and_luigi_playing_snes.jpg
46KB, 680x461px
Daisy is hot as fuck though.

Also, the times of hating the SMB movie is over. It's now a cult classic. Basically Mario meets Blade Runner.
>>
>>3892729
>"Daisy is hot as fuck though."

>implying sexual pandering excuses poorly written characters

Anons like you are the reason why marketers end up compromising writers' creative vision. If you just want to stare at half-naked bimbos, there are plenty of Web sites that let you do just that.
>>
MK movie > SMB movie
>>
>>3892731
>Anons like you
Implying that isn't what 99% of normies do
Implying that hasn't been the main Hollywood principle since its inception
>>
>>3892717
Bob and Dennis saved it.
>>
>>3892781
Shitty eye-candy lead 'actresses' only became a thing relatively recently though. Like in the past 30 years or so.
>>
>>3892717
>>3892729
I never hated the SMB movie, it was fun as fuck, and it's actually accurate to the games in that they are both massive shroom fantasies.

>>3892742
Not really fair of a comparison, MK itself was written like a hongkong action flick to begin with, and the MK Movie is the best videogame based movie to this day.
>>
>>3892791
And Leguizamo.
>>
>that scene where mario walks in on luigi pounding daisy in the ass
i thought this was a movie for kids.
>>
>>3892717
k..thx for the blog post
>>
>>3892791
>>3892818
I read that Bob and John L hated making the movie so much they started drinking on set, leading John to crash the car during a driving scene that left Bob injured and needing a cast that can be seen in many of the film's scenes.
>>
>>3892853
Wouldn't surprise me, everything I've ever read on the production of SMB The Movie basically says it was a nightmare.
>>
The movie is a dark, gritty, quasi-cyberpunk reimagining, which were all the rage in the early 2000s. The movie was just ahead of its time and would have been much more at home had it been made a decade later.
>>
>>3892717
Loved it.

The best part was the mini bomb scene.
>>
It was shit then and it's shit now.

>>3892853
I can't even begin to imagine how much Leguizamo drank making Spawn. The poor fucker must have cirrhosis.
>>
>>3892731
>why marketers end up compromising writers' creative vision
But marketers crapping on the artist is why the's a Ghost in the Shell movie without nudity.
>>
File: Marilyn.jpg (16KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
Marilyn.jpg
16KB, 214x317px
>>3892792
>>
>>3892889
>that Reebok logo
I still want to know who thought that was a good product placement.
>>
>>3892717
Somebody should stream this. I miss /v/ streams from 2010.
>>
>>3892903
Are you implying she was a bad actress?
>>
>>3892791
And they're both dead now. Coincidence?
>>
File: smbkino.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
smbkino.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
It's a misunderstood classic.
>>
Only good thing in this steaming garbage pile of a movie is the Goombas, especially Mojo Nixon. WTF he's doing in this movie, I'll never know, even though he explained it in a fucking interview once. If you don't know Mojo Nixon, then yer board could use some fixin'!
>>
File: lazenby-ohmss.jpg (43KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
lazenby-ohmss.jpg
43KB, 620x349px
>>3892792
Bro, it's Mario Bros. It's a pretty crappy movie, and it failed in the box office. I don't think it's a good example.
Hollywood has always been about looks first. Sometimes they came with good acting, sometimes not. The thing is, you almost never got successful for acting alone. Marylin Monroe was liked for her looks first and foremost. Audrey Hepburn? Same. The list goes on and on. Same with male actors, do you think James Dean, Marlon Brando made it with their skill alone? Women still masturbate to their photos 50 years later. Now please tell me one quote from their movies.
Here's a direct example that comes to mind, except it's not a chick: Lazenby was really bad as Bond and hired mostly for his looks. I think most if not all agreed he was a shitty actor. But how many people remember him now?
The problem is, we see the past through the top lists and only remember the classics. The bad movies simply aren't remembered. We cherrypick only the best, when in fact every decade had tons of shit too. When the 2010s are over, they will be remembered like this too.
>>
>>3893387
Brando's a bad example; everyone knows "I coulda been a contender" even if they don't know it's from On the Waterfront.
>>
>>3892717

I agree. I always kinda liked it. It's too silly and cheesy to be really good, but it's fun enough to get by. I like some of the crazy crap they put into it, like the king turning into a net of fungus. It's imaginative. I would watch a sequel done in a similar spirit.
>>
>>3893387
>Lazenby was really bad
Hi, youngfag. He was good for the role he played. The difference was that OHMSS was directed to resemble the tone of the books.
>>
>>3892904
You're still talking about it, which is the objective.
>>
>>3893387
>Marlon Brando
>Now please tell me one quote from their movies.

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.
>>
>>3893824
Forgot to add: their early movies, obviously.
>>
>>3892729
> John Leguzamo holding controller
> Title screen, obviously not actually playing
> Daisy literally cannot see the screen from where she is standing
>>
>>3893346
>If you don't know Mojo Nixon, then yer board could use some fixin'!

Good job, op.
>>
>>3893387
Also Megan Fox, to cite a modern example.
>>
AFAIK the directors never had another movie to direct because of this. Also didn't 'green Mario' turn down few roles in movies that were quite successful because he believed that this movie will be a success? Originally the movie was supposed to be much more blade runner kind of deal that's why actors took the roles but it was all changed once the movie started
>>
>>3892717
I
TO
>>
>>3894637
It's almost like it's a staged photo op on the set of a movie
>>
>>3895517
No it was suppose to be a family film, as I recall they all thought it was going to be like Roger Rabbit in blending animation with live action, but the directors whose only credit was dog food commercials messed it all up.
>>
I always remembered this as complete garbage that I actively disliked. I finally watched it again a couple years back and found it to just be incredibly fun to watch and enjoyed it thoroughly.
>>
>>3892729
I still think it's a pile of shit however it's a really fascinating pile of shit.
>>
>>3892792
You're quite possible one of the biggest retards ever if you seriously believe that.
>>
Fuck you, this was objectively awesome, especially for kids, who were the target audience.
It's a YA scifi movie. I loved it, and I was smart enough to read Lord of the Rings when I was 6.
>>
OPEN THE DOOR
>>
>>3896105
GET ON THA FLOOR
>>
This movie is great as long as you stop worrying about it not being very good as a SMB movie. I saw it at the theater when it first came out as a kid and I enjoyed it then, and I still enjoy it. I wish the US would get a BD release, because the DVD sucks.
>>
>Had a thing for the villain lady when I was younger
>Always felt bad when she got skeleton'd at the end of the movie
>>
>>3892903
Marilyn Monroe was actually talented, you nerd.
>>
>>3892717
OH BIG BERTHA THE BOUNCER AT THE BOOMBOOM BAR
>>
>>3892717
Rewatched it last year for the first time in probably more than a decade. It's an average thing with lots of enjoyable moments. People are just buttmad as fuck that's it's not Mario wearing gay penguin/tanukis outfits while jumping on flying turtles.
>>
>>3892791
Long story short, this.

Goodnight, sweet princes.
>>
>>3896110
EVERYBODY WALK
>>
>>3896220
THE DINOSAUR
>>
File: stinkydinky.png (195KB, 537x302px) Image search: [Google]
stinkydinky.png
195KB, 537x302px
>>3895536
Who /stinkydinky/ here?
>>
It was like if somebody took the old joke of "what if Mario is actually on drugs and just hallucinating all that stuff :P ?" and stretched it out into a movie.
>>
File: Super Mario Bros 34.png (278KB, 720x384px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario Bros 34.png
278KB, 720x384px
>>3896772
But the movie isn't psychedelic, it's a gritty cyberpunk flick
>>
What kind of Mario movie did people expect, 2 hours of Captain Lou Albano or what?
>>
>>3896958
>2 hours of Captain Lou Albano or what?
I would've watched that.

But yeah this movie was fun, I never got the hate.
>>
>>3896138
>I wish the US would get a BD release, because the DVD sucks.
Same here. Back in November, I noticed a bunch of new copies in Target, so I picked one up and read the back, and they just reprinted the same shitty discs that already exist in region 1.
>>
>>3896138
US don't have a BD release for it?
>>
File: 1441367138238.png (187KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1441367138238.png
187KB, 500x374px
I think it's a great kids movie, provided that the kid watching it either never heard of Mario Bros and won't have certain expectations, or is smart enough to apprecate it at face value.
>>
>>3893870
I coulda been a contenda
>>
>>3892717
it gave me my fetish
>>
>>3896036
Btw. Fun fact about Roger Rabbit. In the book when toons spoke a text bubble would appear. The letters from each sentence would hit the ground.orginaly that was supposed to be used in the movie but it was cut to save time and money.
>>
>>3896775
The king of this movie fucked me up.

It was horrifying. It was nothing. It was just...scraps of mushrooms. WHY
>>
>>3897292
Which is?
>>
Tldr
If you liked it watch cinema sins on youtube and writhe in your autistic rage. God damn such an awful movie
>>
>>3899931
>>3899982
Opinions. Hot they are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve26GpPDTgY
Its a good retrospective about behind the scenes. Yea that shit about them drinking all true.
>>
>>3899931
>watch cinema sins
That crappy youtube show where some nasally-voiced douche nitpicks minor continuity errors for an hour while ignoring legitimate structural issues?
>>
>>3902398
makes good money from it too. jelly?
>>
Anyone remember the action figures based on this film? I had Mario.
>>
>tfw no SMB the movie: the video game
>>
This thread is hipsterism at its finest
>>
>>3907627
I always liked this movie unironically. I mean it's not my favorite but I enjoy its setting, art direction, actors, and how the mario universe is twisted and different from the games.
Went to see this at the theatre back in 1993 as a kid.
I only found out people hated it many years later on the internet.
>>
>>3898348
all of them.
>>
Help me figure this out, so the mushroom kingdom was a parallel universe earth where dinosaurs evolved instead of monkeys. Does that mean everyone has dino DNA? Including Daisy?
Do "mushroom" people exist or it's just a curse for the king to become a giant shroom?
>>
>>3905413

Luigi, I liked him the best out of the two design wise far as the movie goes.
>>
>>3907640
>Does that mean everyone has dino DNA? Including Daisy?
Daisy hatched from an egg at the beginning of the movie.
>>
File: smbmoviet.jpg (72KB, 820x555px) Image search: [Google]
smbmoviet.jpg
72KB, 820x555px
>>3907787
>>3905413
I always wanted a Goomba, I liked that they came with actual cloth trenchcoats.
>>
File: mkmovie.jpg (80KB, 500x722px) Image search: [Google]
mkmovie.jpg
80KB, 500x722px
This movie's pretty damn overrated. The first half's fight scenes are okay but it drops the ball hard after Scorpion.
>>
>>3907823
It's the epitome of "wow, that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be".
>>
Kinda feel this to be relevant, but if any of you liked MST3k, you really need to watch this movie with the RiffTrax they made for it. It is incredibly hilarious, and makes seeing Bob and John suffering through it that much easier.
>>
>>3907626
Good
>>
>>3911180
No
>>
>>3907629
are you me?

i liked it because it laid bare the twisted insanity implicit in miyamoto's vision. the mushroom kingdom is all kinds of fucked up.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.