[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some ps1 games on the psn store worth getting? No games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: playstation classic.jpg (9KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
playstation classic.jpg
9KB, 300x150px
What are some ps1 games on the psn store worth getting? No games that are on GOG/steam though.

I already have RE2 and SH1
>>
>>3889798
>What are some ps1 games on the psn store worth getting?

I think Sony is asking a bit too much for digital copies of these games. In many cases, you can buy physical copies from eBay for the same price or less. Note that if you're running a PS3, all models are backward-compatible with PS1 discs.

There are a few PSone Classics that might be considered deals compared to the expense of buying from eBay, though. I think games like King's Field are probably consistently overpriced on eBay, but the PSN Store may want a mere USD$9 or less for a digital copy.
>>
GOG has a complete dearth of jRPGs, so I'd start with those.

Suikoden II
Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy I-IX
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve
Legend of Mana
Vagrant Story
Xenogears
Arc the Lad I-III
Grandia
Wild Arms I-II
Breath of Fire III-IV
Symphony of the Night

Et cetera.

>>3889827
They sell the games for $2-$9 and they stay on your PSN account forever so you can download them on any compatible PS device you have. Even the $9 ones are good prices.
>>
>paying for isos
>>
>>3889973
>being a degenerate poorfag thief
>>
File: ps1pad.jpg (35KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
ps1pad.jpg
35KB, 800x553px
>>3889990
>not playing on your original SCPH1001 model on a CRT TV with a stack of CD-Rs at your disposal
>>
>>3889827
Sadly KF is a no show on PSN. They do have Shadow Tower though, definitely worth picking up especially considering it usually goes for quite a bit on ebay.
>>
>>3889827
>>3889972
PSN also has weekly sales and monthly? flash sales. If you don't need something right away, add things to your wish list on the store site and sign in to check them once or twice a week. You're likely to find something you want at like 60% to 80% off once in a while.
>>
>PSN sells the Tomb Raider games
>But the physical copies of I and II don't work in a PS3

I'll never understand this shit.
>>
File: relaxed-polar-bear_4114.jpg (23KB, 231x350px) Image search: [Google]
relaxed-polar-bear_4114.jpg
23KB, 231x350px
Syphon Filter 1-3
Wild ARMs
International Track & Field
N2O
>>
>>3889995
I had a 1001 and somewhere along the way it stopped reading discs properly. My dad surprised me with Crash 3 and sat down to watch me meltdown in joy but it would hang during the blue wormhole screen where bosses talk to you. It must've crushed him more than it crushed me.
>>
>>3889972
>GOG has a complete dearth of jRPGs, so I'd start with those.

>Symphony of the Night
>
>>
File: RPG.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
RPG.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>3890398
Not sure what you're getting at. That GOG has SOTN? Because it doesn't. That SOTN isn't Japanese? Because Konami is. Or that it's not an RPG, because it is.
>>
>>3890401
I bet you also think that Dragon Quest is an RPG.
>>
>>3890401
It is a platformer with RPG elements

>>3890404
You are a retard
>>
>>3889972
>they stay on your PSN account forever so you can download them on any compatible PS device you have.

They're still essentially rentals. PSN won't be around forever. And PS3s have such a high failure rate.

>Even the $9 ones are good prices.

That's a terrible price for a DIGITAL copy of a game that goes for the same price on eBay. You can do whatever you want with a physical copy. You can even make backups to emulate on your computer, or shove on your PSP.
>>
>>3890227
>But the physical copies of I and II don't work in a PS3
>I'll never understand this shit

They're selling hacked versions. Physical TR1 isn't compatible due to something with the way the FMVs are stored on the disc. The PSN image rearranges that data somehow.
>>
>>3890886
Only old ps3 models have a somewhat high failure rate, and psn will stay up as long as the PlayStation brand exists. It's probable that it'll last longer than you or me
>>
>>3890401
I think he might've been implying that Sotn is the only good JRPG on PSN
In which case he's wrong because not only is Sotn not a JRPG, even if it was it wouldn't be the best one on PSN
>>
>>3890902
>Only old ps3 models have a somewhat high failure rate

Pretty sure they all do. Modern consoles are becoming too complex, with too many small and fragile parts. YLoD is an eventuality.
>>
File: 1479383835408.png (956KB, 841x849px) Image search: [Google]
1479383835408.png
956KB, 841x849px
>>3889798
I hate how you still can't buy any of these games on PS4. Where the fuck are they?
>>
>>3889798
>What are some ps1 games on the psn store worth getting? No games that are on GOG/steam though.
>
>I already have RE2 and SH1

Mario 64 and Sonic
>>
>>3890692
>every game with side scrolling camera is a platformer
You are a retard.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.