[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: s-l400.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>
>>3887074
Your best bet is an original fat PS3 for PS2 games.

And if you can't get an HDMI GameCube mod, your best bet is an original Wii with Wii2HDMI.
>>
>>3887074
In my experience the Component to HDMI converters/scalers suck pure shit and introduce noise over the image. I've used one for GameCube and for Xbox, and I get this weird shit over the image that's really obvious on skies and white backgrounds.

Unless you've found a really good converter that's pretty robust that I can't find.
>>
>>3887081
it seems component to VGA is better for chinese converters because when it converts to HDMI it adds some image issues.
The only other option left is framemeister
>>
Presumably analog to analog will be simpler so I would say component to vga.
>>
>>3887085
Component to VGA then what, VGA to HDMI?
>>
>>3887090
to my HDMI/VGA monitor
>>
>>3887095
Ah, okay. I have a receiver for my surround sound so I would need HDMI.

But all the 25-50 dollar component to HDMI converters are trash.
>>
>>3887074
Everytime I use HDMI for PS2 it feels like the blacks are crushed. I like my limited range on my PS2 and PS1, I don't know why.
>>
>>3887078
This is probably correct.
>>
PS2 component cables are easy enough to find, but the ones for GC are insanely overpriced. With GC, probably the best you can accomplish is S-video. (I don't know what the European equivalent of that is, assuming you're anywhere but the States.)

An HDMI scaler is just a bad investment overall. Assuming you even can find a setup that doesn't lag, I doubt the scaler will even have much longevity to it. I'd sooner invest in an old CRT set and use it for all my older consoles.

>>3887078
>Your best bet is an original fat PS3 for PS2 games.

Why you would recommend such a fragile piece of hardware over a sturdier PS2, I just can't fathom. PS3s have a very high random failure rate. This setup unfortunately won't last OP for long.
>>
>>3887158
>I don't know what the European equivalent of that is,
SCART
>>
>>3887158
i used to have a crt tv for wii/ps2 but it gives me headache.
>>
Yeah I tried two of these things out last summer and ended up returning both. If you find a decent one let us know
>>
>>3887078
While you're theoretically correct, keeping one of those fire-hazards in working condition is not worth the effort. Speaking from experience, I had a working one, and it was so fucking loud and rickety that I just traded it in for a super slim and play the 5 good PS2 games on PSN. PS2s and component cables are dirt cheap anyway.
>>
>>3887158
Wii and component cables is the way to go if you need to play GCN in progressive scan. Nintendont makes it even easier, and the completely marginal quality difference between Wii and GCN component is not in any way worth the cost of that GCN cable. You could get like 4 Wiis and 4 Wii component cables for the cost of one.
>>
>>3887074
How does the thing pictured convert VGA to VGA? My Dreamcast must know.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.