[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go to small town pawn shop >50 dollars for Turts in Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: metroid is ded.jpg (47KB, 667x676px) Image search: [Google]
metroid is ded.jpg
47KB, 667x676px
>Go to small town pawn shop
>50 dollars for Turts in Time
>I got it for 5 dollars 3 years ago there
>Go to city pawn shop
>40 dollars for SMB3
>Go to flea market
>60 dollars for Contra
>Go to garage sale
>Sports games
>Go to ebay
>Leave

When will this suffering end?
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 800x59px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 800x59px
>>3886689
You can make it end at any time.
>>
>>3886689
Unless you can find somewhere that's selling old games and the person selling them has never used the internet, never. The crazy deals we used to get on games were because no one was aware anyone wanted them so they sold them dirt cheap.
>>
>>3886694
>I got it for 5 dollars 3 years ago
>>
>>3886707
>missing the point

We know you have Turtles In Time.

Pay what you think these things are worth, and no more. Decide which physical versions you "need" rather than "want". Problem solved.
>>
flashcart
>>
File: IMAG0459.jpg (432KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0459.jpg
432KB, 2560x1440px
>JUST EMULATE
>GET A FLASH CART
Guys its not the same
>>
Really, flashcarts. Not even to say that you should sell out your collection and get a flashcart. Just that you should only buy games you love or want enough to merit a standalone copy.
>>
>>3886713
>>3886723
>Flash cart

I doubt OP would be interested in a "solution" to overpriced games that, in itself, is an overpriced investment. At least depending on the brand or type of Flash cart you buy.

>but it's your best value!

Not unless you plan to play literally every ROM that's compatible with it. There might be only a dozen games a person would play for any given platform. It might in fact be cheaper just to buy the individual games.
>>
>>3886723
Of course not. But it's also not expensive. So if money is a problem for you, it's an alternative. You're like someone complaining that you can never drive anywhere because Veyrons cost too much.

Collecting collector's items will never be a super cheap hobby. Live with it and be careful with what you buy.
>>
>>3886728
>There might be only a dozen games a person would play for any given platform.

Casuals aren't the people we're talking about.
>>
>>3886732
They were a super cheap hobby though you retard.
>>
This is your fault for not buying games up on the cheap years ago
>>
>>3886749
That's only because you were collecting at an unusual time when the perceived value of games was lower. Just because there was a blip where $50 games were in pawn shop bargain bins for $5 doesn't mean that's where the prices would (or should) stay.

Really though, if you compare collecting games even with today's prices to most other "normal" hobbies it's still pretty damn cheap.

Remember the point, that you can play any of these games if you want. It's just physical collecting where the real money comes in, so just budget for it the way you would any other hobby.
>>
>>3886689
i feel you. But there's a guide on how to survive this. The most importand ist to set your goals straight. What do you want?
- All CIB for OCD reasons? -> get (really) rich.
- Play on authentic hardware for the controller, timings, dat CRT look and collect games? -> go for modules only. You will be able to afford most of what you're looking for.
- Play on authentic hardware for the controller and dat CRT fetish? -> go the flashcard route
- Play them good ol' games on a CRT? -> get i.e. a raspberry pi and a PI2SCART, also don't forget some good specific rebuild / allround usb/bluetooth gamepads.
- wanna hook up your game consoles via composite to your new 4K TV? -> get out.
>>
>>3886732
Depends on the platform and your interests.

SNES, N64, TG16, GEN+32X+SMS, NG, all pay for themselves quickly if you want more than a handful of games. If you want to play a wildly overpriced game, like Dracula X, it might pay for itself. The only real reason to not buy a flashcart is if you're totally fine with regular emulation, or you have such an incredibly limited interest in one console that your entire library really is less than the ~150 USD to buy one.
>>
Retro gaming is now almost as expensive as modern gaming. Tragic.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.