[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-piracy messages thread? This scared the hell out of me as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: spyrocy.jpg (33KB, 590x378px) Image search: [Google]
spyrocy.jpg
33KB, 590x378px
Anti-piracy messages thread? This scared the hell out of me as a kid. I didn't even know my dad was buying pirated games.
>>
>>3884745
I wonder what was he thinking when she said that
>>
>>3884745
What crappy pirates, there was a patch for this pretty quickly.
>>
File: DKC2-AntiPiracy.png (11KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
DKC2-AntiPiracy.png
11KB, 256x224px
https://tcrf.net/Category:Games_with_anti-
piracy_methods

DKC2 has one. I tried the Game Genie code they provided that displays this message, 6D60-4F0F, but it actually crashes SNES9X and I'm too lazy to try it in Higan.
>>
>>3884792

Insomniac said it took 2-3 months for a crack. The devs' Gamasutra article is interesting because it could easily be about Denuvo. https://web.archive.org/web/20150626181010/http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3030/keeping_the_pirates_at_bay.php.
>>
>>3884795
I wasn't talking about Spyro 3, which took months like you said. It didn't take long to crack the older spyro games.
>>
Earthbound's is absolutely bat shit insane, it's amazing.

http://media.earthboundcentral.com/2011/05/earthbounds-copy-protection/index.html
>>
>>3884791
>I want to fuck this fairy
>>
File: cracktros.png (135KB, 1425x1680px) Image search: [Google]
cracktros.png
135KB, 1425x1680px
I always wondered if Amiga/C64 games had any anti-piracy messages, as it's almost impossible to find uncracked disk images online. Probably not, since usually their copy protection involved looking shit up in the manual.
>>
>>3884851
>I always wondered if Amiga/C64 games had any anti-piracy messages
They did.
https://tcrf.net/Shinobi_(Amiga)
>>
The funny thing is, some of these anti-piracy measures trigger whether or not the game was pirated. Super Metroid carts can trigger an anti-piracy measure that nukes your game save, just because the cartridge connectors happened to have too much dust on them.
>>
File: Puggsypiracy.png (4KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Puggsypiracy.png
4KB, 320x224px
Puggsy on the Mega Drive had a clever one. Beyond the first boss, the game would check for SRAM, and if found, would trigger the message. Since the actual cart had no SRAM (instead using a password system) it was not a problem.

This renders Puggsy unplayable on any emulator that cannot disable SRAM
>>
>>3885250
*You're
Looks like a retarded Dev.
>>
>>3885250
>your allowed
>your

Wew.
>>
PIRATA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-4Gub-VBVE
>>
>>3884839
Do recent pirate carts still have these issues or are they written with the fixed rom these days?
>>
>>3885278
>>3885270
>not complaining about the two 'the'
>>
IS THIS A FAKED CPS BOARD ?
>>
>>3885270
If you don't know the difference between your and you're, get the fuck off my facebook wall
>>
Software Pirate, killed by Copy Protection Mafia
>>
Captain, the Federation considers space piracy and software piracy to be capital offenses.
>>
>>3884851
Huh? They're cracked specifically because most uncracked game copies won't even load on a C64 (no idea about Amiga).

The manual lookup is just an additional step because the fact that games would be cracked was a given.
>>
>The FBI has been notified. You better buy a legit copy before they get to your house.
>>
>>3886185
In many cases, particularly on the C64, the crack ends up being better than the retail version. Faster loaders, optimized linking, trainers, high score saving, etc.
>>
>>3885430
>Your=A belonging of some sort
Examples:
"Your problem"
"Your fault"
"Your dog is dying Jonathan!"

>You're=You are
Examples:
"You are a retard, read that anti-piracy message again"
"You're stupid"
"That's all the levels of Puggsy you're allowed to play"
"That's all the levels of Puggsy you are allowed to play"

I honestly don't know if you just tried to pull a sarcastic message, but reading the comment chain it honestly looks like you actually thought that "Your" for that specific case was the correct option, if so, it wasn't.

Bonus points, I get the difference and my first language is Spanish, how the fuck is there people who don't get such a basic thing?
>>
>>3886362
People who have English as their second language actually learn it compared to native speakers.
Go figure.
>>
>>3886362
They probably do know the difference, but was rushed to get this screen completed. Notice the extra "the" and the lack of a lot of punctuation too.
>>
>>3884792
It wasn't really that easy to crack. The game had absurd amount of drm checks and every single one had to be disabled or bypassed
>>
>>3884745
I never get why devs spend time to do these. If a game is properly cracked, noone will ever see these (since game will "think" it's legit).
>>
>>3886641
A lot of these kinds of messages are either triggered by obscure code that are likely to be missed, especially by amateur crackers or groups that want to have their release out first regardless of whether it works or not, or the message is directed at the crackers to begin with.
>>
>>3884851
if anything they had PRO piracy messages, groups like FCI and Eaglesoft patting each other on the back and shit
>>
>>3884745
another reason why spyro is garbage.
>>
>>3884797
OP pic is Spyro 3
>>
>>3884795
Insomniac probably thought it had something to gain by making it seem like it took longer. Pathetic tactics.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.