[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I once made it a personal goal to beat super mario bros as fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: SMBBoxart.png (2MB, 1535x2100px) Image search: [Google]
SMBBoxart.png
2MB, 1535x2100px
I once made it a personal goal to beat super mario bros as fire mario. It wasn't easy because the damn bloopers got me each time, but I eventually did it. What are some other personal goals that you set for a game for fun or for challenge? It doesn't matter how silly or insane it sounds.
>>
not get seen in the first 3 splinter cell games on hardest diffiliculty
>>
>>3884828
Not get seen in all of high school. I met my goal
>>
Playing through certain games without dying is the only challenge I've given myself.

I made my main party in FF9 Zidane/Freya/Amarant/Quina a long time ago because I thought it would be the game more challenging, and then it turned out to be one hell of a fucking good combination, now I use it every time. If you take the time to get Quina's abilities and catch frogs she becomes pretty much the best character in the game. Gotta love Blue Magic.
>>
resi1-3
no saves, no first aid spray and in under the A-rank time requirements.
the only time i get nervous is during a few bossfights, other than that, pretty doable.

i cant play oddworld: oddysee/exodus without saving every mud.

i only play mgs1/2/3 on extreme mode-game over if spotted.

smb3 have to do every level.

wouldnt say any of these are actually that hard (especially smb3 obv) they just take alot of memorization and experience with the game.

mgs2 is probs the most challenging in that small list, but it still doesnt compare with say, trying to solo some of the final g-rank quests on mhfu2.
resi gmes in particular are easy peasy to a-rank.
>>
>>3884694

In general, if there is a game with the potential to accidentally kill civilians or bystanders, i cant consider myself to have properly finished the game unless I've saved/not killed 100% of the civilians
>>
Beat Megaman 2 without taking damage but only level by level. Basically if I took a hit I would restart whatever level I was on rather than restarting the game.
>>
Beat River City Ransom as a vegetarian.
>>
Ocarina Of Time is the game I'm most familiar with. I want to beat it with 3 hearts, no item upgrades, no deaths, and no non-essential items.
I also want to do a glitch run where I play every dungeon out of order, and skip getting the kokiri sword, deku shield, and fairy ocarina
>>
Wanted to do a Magikarp vs. Elite 4 Pokemon Blue battle. Used codes to buy rare candy & got it to lvl 100. Permanently Unevolveable Magikarp. Only using Struggle... Agatha's 3 ghosts can't be hit by Struggle :/ Ended up adding a lvl 50 Ditto strictly for them. Alot of hyper potions but no faints. Not very satisfying in the end.
Mario 3 frog suit only run using game genie, no whistles... Derailed by an unavoidable smaller castle in ice land that has a spot where you either have to be small, or run & slide to get under a solid wall of blocks with only a 1 block height open. Frog suit is too tall & can't crouch :/ Found a game genie code that lets you cycle through power ups at any time by pressing select. Did the whole run again using it just to be able to get through that one spot. Also ended up being unsatisfying.
Super Metroid only beam upgrade: wave beam. That was one was fun
>>
I once actually tried to beat Super Mario Bros!
>>
File: 1483403967935.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1483403967935.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
To beat every Final Fantasy game.

Then they went and released the MMOs.
>>
>>3884694
Various metroidvanias without looking at the map to test my terrain orientation.

Also currently playing Aria of Sorrow with no souls, no equips, no items, no grinding, knife only. Game starts feeling a lot like Classicvanias, where you really have to really understand every enemy's behaviour and pattern to live, since it's basically a no hit run. Even more interesting - it's totally doable! Game is totally balanced with player POTENTIALLY being able to go through every room without being hit.
>>
>>3884694
Holding the controller rotated to 180° so the dpad is on the right and everyting in opposite direction. Actually beat SMB with this. Quite fun.
>>
>>3884694
Played FF VIII with leveling any character i got to level 100. Yes even that part of Dollet were you get Seifer i leveled him to 100 just so i could face some level 100 bosses.

On top of that i didnt use Limit Breaks until they happened randomly, i only used magic or GFs on all bosses as well.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.