[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/, just got a Super Famicom and plan on getting a Famicom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 2733031-super+famicom+box.gif (76KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2733031-super+famicom+box.gif
76KB, 1680x1050px
Hey /vr/, just got a Super Famicom and plan on getting a Famicom sometime soon. I don't wanna fry them, so are there any simple power supplies I can use instead of OEM parts? I've heard of people using Jaguar power supplies and debates over what the consoles will accept. Should a Jaguar adapter work fine for a Famicom/SFC? I've also heard model 1 genesis ac adapters work.
>>
In North America? SNES power supply modified with the barrel connector from an NES power supply will give you the exact output in the right size.
>>
If you are in the US, you can just use the standard Famicom ones.
>>
>>3881742
>I don't wanna fry them, so I want to use a PSU other than the ones designed to work with them.
Not the brightest tool in the shed. Anything that gives the same output will do. Genesis or Jaguar will be fine.
>>
Mine just came with a proper supply
>>
Genesis model 1 power supply or any generic multi-system psu will work, just use the plug that would go to a genesis.

Do NOT use a north american NES power supply, it'll fry your system
>>
All you need is a 9~12v DC plug for your county's socket that has a negative polarity. People on ebay sell loads of custom plugs for everything.

The thing about American and PAL plugs is that they are AC plugs and the Super Nintendo has a bridge rectifier to convert it to DC so it's not a problem but does not work for Super Famicoms
>>
>>3882341
This. Learn the very basics of electronics instead of guessing what other console may have the same.
>>
File: 48-414_medium.jpg (8KB, 251x261px) Image search: [Google]
48-414_medium.jpg
8KB, 251x261px
>>3881742
Dude, it's really easy.
1) Read the rating on the device
2) Read the rating on the AC adapter
3) If they match, and the parts fit, go for it! Otherwise DON'T DO IT.

The rating is usually near the jack, or on a label under the system. The AC will have a label.

Btw, what I mean by rating are the electrical specs of the device. An AC adaptor will tell you what voltage it expects as input, and what voltage it produces as output, with maybe a max current.
>>
SFC takes 9v DC center negative.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.