[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time to rev up those Dreamcast prices! Metal Jesus just released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3377.jpg (447KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3377.jpg
447KB, 1920x1080px
Time to rev up those Dreamcast prices! Metal Jesus just released his Dreamcast "buying guide."

What's your most expensive Dreamcast game?
>>
Cannon Spike
>>
File: no.png (419KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
419KB, 600x600px
>>3881072
>buying Dreamcast games when the DC has no copy protection
>>
>>3881106
arent they worth three fiddy?
>>
>>3881106
Not all. They fixed it later. Plus MUH AUTHENTICITY
>>
My copy of Skies of Arcadia probably

But it's for [Spoilers]NOTRETRO GAMECUBE
>>
Shenmue II or Marvel vs Capcom 2. I recently sold Skies of Arcadia (along with some 30 other games that weren't worth much).
>>
Probably Omikron, now that Bowie is dead.
>>
>>3881194
yeah the dead has a liking on those sega games
>>
>>3881072
What can I play WITH someone on this thing? I have plenty of competative games, but I want to get some co-op on with my friend. We already played Dynamite Cop and are not that into bullet-hell shooters.
>>
>>3881514
Power Stone 2. If you're willing to give shmups a second chance, then Cannon Spike and Gunbird 2 are fantastic co-op shooters.
>>
>>3881521
>Cannon Spike and Gunbird 2
We gave both a whirl, and while certainly not terrible we didn't get very far and wanted to move onto something else. Does Powerstone have a co-op campaign? We tire of games where the 2-player mode is just "beat the other guy up" and like advancing through a story together.
>>
>>3881514
typing of the dead is co-op
>>
I have the Same de Amigo maracas complete in box. I've also got a bunch of Japanese releases like CvS2 and KoF2000.
>>
>>3881546
Lol while looking awesome we don't have two keyboards, yet.
>>
>>3881514

Get a couple light guns. House of the Dead 2 and Confidential Mission are great fun with friends.

Also Typing of the Dead if you can manage to find two keyboards.
>>
>>3881552
Just checked Ebay and lightguns are twice the price I paid for one last year, maybe I'll take a trip to a nearby brick-and-mortar to get a second one for under $20.
>>
D2 and Illbleed, I guess. Nothing special.

What all is on the dork's list?
>>
>>3881524
Yes, Power Stone 2 has a great co-op mode, though it's over in like 10 minutes if you know what you're doing. But there's tons of unlockables and weapons to create, so it's not short on replay value.
>>
>>3881562
Nice to know, we'll add it to our try-list, thanks anon!
>>
>>3881565
You're welcome. Enjoy :)
>>
>>3881558

There are a few different models. Surely they can't all be expensive.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (114KB, 1277x728px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
114KB, 1277x728px
Is there anything more loathsome than this fat cancerous turd?
>>
>>3881158
>MUH AUTHENTICITY
There is no difference between a retail copy and a burnt game.
>>
>>3881620
Actually, some games that are over 700 MB are usually compressed to be able to fit onto a CD-R, so there are differences. Whether or not they're noticeable is a different story.
>>
>>3881620

Yes there is. Stop talking about things you don't understand.
>>
>tfw purchased an entire palette of brand new, in-box Dreamcasts for $20 USD each when the console was discontinued

Hopefully the prices skyrocket. Shit can be my retirement fund.
>>
>>3881582
There's the Jap one for somewhere in the twenties to thirties, and the 3rd party one I already own (bought for $10 a year ago) are around $20.
>>
>>3881106
>DC has no copy protection

oh boy here we go with this meme
>>
>>3881072

> He hasn't left his Dreamcast on just to talk to Seaman everyday.
>>
>>3881681

You got ripped homie. They were giving them away for dsl subs back in the day. Some of us had a new one every month.
>>
File: 2rfves2.png (319KB, 641x482px) Image search: [Google]
2rfves2.png
319KB, 641x482px
>>3882050
>it's just a meme, bros!
>>
>>3881620
Usually burnt games take twice as long to load due to bad sector allocating.
>>
>>3882050
I don't know about later models, but I was literally just downloading ISOs off direct connect (completely forgot about that shit until just now, everything's torrents these days) as a teenager, burning them to CD, and playing them.

Did have to use a region swap disc to play JP games.
>>
>>3882061
Maybe in 2006, not so much anymore. A lot of stuff has been optimized to prevent that.
>>
File: 1490475382377.png (1MB, 675x3664px) Image search: [Google]
1490475382377.png
1MB, 675x3664px
>dreamcast
>>
>>3881590
>buy up all the Dreamcast games you could ever want and then some
>THEN release a video encouraging bandwagon hipsters to buy DC games, thereby driving up the prices
>sell your previously hoarded duplicates for quick profits, all the while raking in ad revenue from the previously mentioned video and tips/donations/Patreon bucks from the very bandwagoners who you're fucking over by using videos to raise prices on their latest and future obsessions
>your fans still love you and give you easy attention and praise anyway
>some even send you donations of their own gaming stuff because they're desperate, lonely, stupid, or literal gaming cuckolds

Gen~ius!
>>
>>3881626
Actually some CDRs are over 700MB

>>3882061
>Usually
Maybe for you. For me never.
>>
>>3881106
but you have to use 700MB rips
>>
Cannon Spike and Project Justice are the most expensive games I have but I paid less than 80$ for each.

Cannon Spike is useless if you are playing by yourself. You NEED a friend to enjoy that game. I felt the production value of the game was a big let down but the quirkiness of the game is true.

Project Justice was worth every penny and I can enjoy solo or vs. Beautiful production value, awesome music, fun game play mechanics that keep it fresh and not another 3D fighter. Sad CAPCOM forgot about the series, the roster is amazing.
>>
>>3881072
Why can't he just fuck off. This shit should only be for autists not 12 year olds that are liek "thanks metal Jesus for helping me start my collection XD"
>>
>>3881072
I guess my most expensive ones are:
Skies of Arcadia
Illbleed
Cannon Spike
Gunbird 2
Bangai-O
Tech Romancer
Power Stone 2
MvC2
3rd Strike

I was surprised to see that MvC2 and 3rd Strike shot up in price, considering all of the alternatives to play those games, and especially since the DC port of 3rd Strike is considered to worst from a competitive perspective.
>>
File: 1394475373032.jpg (15KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1394475373032.jpg
15KB, 447x444px
I have never owned a DC that has worked right. I have tried the CD-ROM mod and it works somewhat okay. Has anyone had any luck with a replacement DC lens?
>>
>>3882940
but dc games were already stupidly expensive years prior.
>>
>>3881072
Does anyone else get the vibe that this dude doesn't actually play video games?

I watched this sega shmup video he did and he was all excited about his sega arcade sticks which have autofire, but all the games he played had autofire built in.
>>
>>3884804
Yeah. It's illegal to use anything larger. lel
>>
>>3885030
He's super into collecting games, not playing them. He's basically a hoarder. He's super upfront about this. That's why he talks about RARE and EXPENSIVE and HIDDEN GEMS and why he needs co-stars and covers like 40 games in one video instead of discussing anything in-depth.

The dude has no idea what he owns. He just likes owning it.
>>
>>3885134
yeah, most serious collectors are basically hoarders. especially if they collect all the shitty merch or like one of every controller
>>
YouTube personalities that believe they are "in the games industry," when they are just Youtubers, are pathetic. How many people will keep watching them when they are over 50 years old? What game have they made or what did they contribute? MJ doesn't do in depth reviews. They don't like doing video capture of gameplay. AVGN Mike & Ryan are way better at this and way better gamers. I like Immortal John Hancock, but I also think its just hoarding.
Last Gamer is both a retro gamer and a total hoarder. He at least knows how to restore game cabinets, and he just games for fun, so I like his channel.
>>
>>3881620
VOOT is only solid 60 fps on gd-rom
>>
>>3881072
Only physical dreamcast game I own is seaman. Is he extremely unresponsive for the first 3 or 4 days, or is my mic fucked? I honestly can't tell. I gave up on it after a few days and decided it wasn't for me.

Every other game I own is burned because I didn't own one back in the day and I'm more of a gamer than a collectorfag so as long as the game itself plays I don't give a shit that it's burned onto a 2 cent verbatim disc.
>>
>>3881514
Zombie revenge (I think that's the title). It's pretty much dynamite cop / die hard arcade gameplay in a resident evil 2 inspired setting
>>
>>3885164

To be fair, Metal Jesus worked for Sierra for a while.
>>
>>3881626

lol @ burning games onto cd-r and putting them into your dreamcast

use load them over ethernet from your home server/PC. no discs, no hdd mod, no sd card reader, no nothing required.
>>
>>3885134
I really like the videos he does with Reggie and that autistic chick with all the saturn shit. I really should look up their YouTube channels. Reggie especially seems to have really good taste, or at least it aligns pretty closely with mine.
>>
>>3885238
Not that anon, but I've never heard of that method. Care to give me a quick bogdanoff.jpg of how to do it? Sounds awesome
>>
>>3885164
avgn is so forced, looks like I'm watching one of those 90's kids shows with terrible actors
>>
>>3885251

https://github.com/zeldin/dc-virtcd

there ya go
>>
>>3885164
Except MJ was actually in the games industry and worked for Sierra long before YT.
>>
>>3885321
>>3885238
Yeah anon, everyone's got a $200 broadband adapter
>>
>>3881072
I already have all the Dreamcast games I wanted, so he can drive those prices up for all I care.
>Skies of Arcadia
>Shenmue
>Grandia 2
>Super magnetic neo
>EGG
Not interested in anything else. Unlike faggots like MJ, I buy games to play them
>>
>>3885213
sauce?

>>3885221
Nothing wrong with your mic. Seaman isn't a "game" to be taken seriously.

>>3885238
How do you load your loader without a disc or a mod? Quick Parrot Boy. To the Google Pool. kek
>>
The only DC game worth a damn is already expensive L.O.L.
>>
>Power Stone 2
>Third Strike
>MvC2
Wish I had picked up Garou and Gigawing when they were cheap.
>>
>>3884883
Fucking Shenmue 3 made prices skyrocket. DC is turning into the new N64.
>>
>>3881072
I imported every game that didn't get localized and I have noticed a trend of Nippon releases remaining cheap while western released are the only ones that spike up.
>>
>>3885337
>Yeah anon, everyone's got a $200 broadband adapter

lol thats hilarious, I got mine for $40
>>
>>3885764
lol thats hilarious, you've won the shitpost of the day award.
>>
>>3885231
He was fucking customer support. I hate how he leans on this title of "former sierra employee" like he had direct involvement in critical parts of any title sierra produced.
>>
>>3881072
Ikaruga and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo imports.
>>
>>3884879
Get a dreamcast that hasn't been used to play backups. CD-Rs fuck those drives up.
>>
>not using GDEMU
Literally plebeian.
>>
>>3885134
Yeah, his first video I saw was, I think, GameCube Hidden Gems about 3 years ago and with all of the information he gave on the games, he may as well have been reading a MobyGames entry.
>>
>>3885249
>Reggie especially seems to have really good taste

You mean weeb shit? He owns 100% weeb shit.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.