[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This port visibly makes me angry just looking at it. It is such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: MMLC-PS4.png (464KB, 455x572px) Image search: [Google]
MMLC-PS4.png
464KB, 455x572px
This port visibly makes me angry just looking at it. It is such a half-assed cash grab. It has ZERO enhancements to speak of over the originals. They still have sprite fliker, they still have slowdown and it has additional input delay. This is completely unacceptable. Even the Anniversary Collection had no slowdown. Although the AC itself had tons of other issues (input delay).

What would have I done? I would have remade all the games in MM9/10 engine. Rip all the assets, and remake them. They're fairly simple games, and MM9 can run full speed on a Wii, so it should be highly portable. That way we'd get faithful remakes/remasters, and zero slowdown. Then, I would have included Mega Man: Powered Up. It's a remake of 1, and totally should have been included in addition to 1-6.

LC2 would have included 7-10 + Bass. Also remade in the same engine. As a bonus, 7+8 would have an additional "Famicom" style remakes.
>>
So... they play like the originals and this makes you mad?

>>>/v/
>>
File: 1489118599574.jpg (82KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489118599574.jpg
82KB, 717x960px
And then people would bitch about it not being true to the original

Devs can't win
>>
File: Mega-Man-Mania.jpg (219KB, 790x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Mega-Man-Mania.jpg
219KB, 790x1032px
If you're going to make a collection inferior to a collection from 10 years ago, AT LEAST make the additional content worth considering
>make challenges not donkey puke (really, playing through the same handful of segments strung together is just forgettable)
>put some damn effort into the museum and/or unlockables
>I want to do cool shit like use Megaman 3 weapons in Megaman 6. Why even recompile all 6 games and not have anything like this?
>>
>>3879362
Except the anniversary collection had multiple features ripped out of it, shitty emulation on top of addtional input lag that make it unplayable.

>>3879464

Yeah, it's called OPTIONS
>>
>>3879362
>What would have I done?
I like how in his head, OP already runs Capcom and makes better decisions than they do. Don't stop believing, OP. One day Capcom will read one of your posts and make you their new president.
>>
>>3879518
I admit it's a missed opportunity, but it's also a safe one. It will sell regardless, without pissing anyone off except a selected few like you and me. At least I know I can stay with my anniversary collection.
>>
>>3879362
>They still have sprite fliker, they still have slowdown
Those are part of playing the games. If you don't like them, don't play Mega Man.
>>
>>3879420
>So... they play like the originals and this makes you mad?

Slowdown is caused by the limited Famicom hardware. Why in the fuck are we still limited by the hardware in 2017? Nigga, put some fucking effort into this shit.
>>
>>3879543
>I like how in his head, OP already runs Capcom and makes better decisions than they do. Don't stop believing, OP. One day Capcom will read one of your posts and make you their new president.

You know why they made the collection the way they did? Cuz it's cheap. A company came up to them with a proposal, and they signed off on it. They don't give a shit. They did it as cheaply as possible.
>>
>>3879603
At least it's not overpriced. It's cheap, but they're not robbing anyone who hasn't already the anniversary collection.
>>
>>3879362

Spot the autist.

Megaman anniversary collection and X collection are awesome and I play them all the time on my PS2. I image legacy is probably the same as both of them combined.

>muh input lag.

This bullshit excuse again. "I can't compensate for 3ms and it's totally noticeable, I swear."
>>
File: watdefukk.png (235KB, 224x342px) Image search: [Google]
watdefukk.png
235KB, 224x342px
>>3879598
>Slowdown is caused by the limited Famicom hardware.
No, it's not. You never asked yourself why in a similar situation you'll get more lag in MM3 and MM5 than in MM4 and MM6? Or why there is barely any lag in MM1 or 2?

>>3879362
>I would have remade all the games in MM9/10 engine.

Fuck off. The reason why MM3 to 6 lag are because of bad programming, either because the devs were noobs (which sounds like it was the case in MM5) or because the deciding heads thought it wasn't worth it to spend more dev time just to optimize the game (MM3 for instance).

There are patches out there, romhacks, which take MM3,4,5 and 6, and render them pretty much lag free (except for some VERY rare occasions). The hackers optimize routines, "untangled the code" to make it faster.
And the best part? It still runs on ACTUAL HARDWARE, you can put it on a flashcart, or make a new cart out of that, and it will work.

I fucking hate your kind of mentality, you pretend you love the NES by claiming to be an 8 bit MM fan, but in reality you'd ditch the NES at the first chance to 'keep the style'.
>>
>>3879848
Honestly I'm disgusted by this mentality, which is sp widespread among "retro gamers". I thought it was only the case for FPS players but you make see it's more widespread.

You'd rather play shitty empirical recreations of games you claim to love, than to play the actual games themselves and their potential improved versions.

Instead of asking to improve the original games, fix their glitches, their lag, add more content (which is also possible), you're asking for completle recreations "in the same style", whatever you think that means, at the cost of gameplay authenticity. Because, look I don't know that much, but you obviously know even less if you think it's the "limits of the hardware" which make the games lag. Do you even know the limits of the hardware? When you play MM9 can you even tell what part could or not have been done on actual NES?
>>
File: 1464380324697.jpg (418KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1464380324697.jpg
418KB, 1536x2048px
>>3879362
to be honest I'm more dissapointed with the fact that only SIX games are on this collection. It should have at least 1~10+all DLCs, MM&B, the GB games, and some of the spinoffs. The extra content didn't look very interesting either, the artwork is ripped straight out of the Complete Works book which is pointless if you've already got a copy.

After this and seeing glimpses of the upcoming cartoon I've given up on Capcom with MM at this point, I'll just stick to RetroArch, ROM hacks, and the few good fangames like Unlimited. Wake me up when thewy actually do something new with the franchise and not just give us more tired rereleases of games we've played to death already.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.