[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, my name is anonymous and I am a recovering Keiji Inafune

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Inafune.jpg (122KB, 795x714px) Image search: [Google]
Inafune.jpg
122KB, 795x714px
Hello, my name is anonymous and I am a recovering Keiji Inafune fan.

I believed in Inafune. I thought he was the series creator of Mega Man, and all the best games. I thought he was this genius "creator"/director who was on par with Miyamoto. I mean, Mega Man series, the X series? This shit was my childhood.

I have since learned, that he's a credit stealing con-man. A complete fraud who exagerated his role for personal glory.

Fuck you Keiji Inafune.
>>
I understand your pain, OP. It was the same for me with Miyamoto and Star fox zero. Oh how angry and betrayed I felt.

The past will always be there for you, so cheer up.
>>
>>3876923

Growing up I believed in Inafune. I watched the interview with the "creator of mega man" in the Anniversary Collection. I watched the G4TV's Icons special on MegaMan. They only interviewed Inafune, and he explained the history of the series. I believed he was the creator of the series at the time. Looking back, he never actually said that he was the creator who did everything. But of course, he never named anyone else's contributions, so naturally I attributed everything to him. That's how he works. Just lets you fill in the holes in your head.

He knew that image and perception was everything. If you are the face connected to a series, then nothing else mattes. He did interviews not because he "loved the fans" but because that by putting yourself out there, you market and promote yourself. None of the other Mega Man devs did that. They were all anonymous.
>>
>>3876923
Well, the difference there is Miyamoto was a legitimate genius designer who hasn't been able to keep up with innovations in game design since his time. Not many people realize that Ocarina of Time was actually one of the last titles that Miyamoto was heavily involved in every aspect of before he let the new guard of Aonuma and Koizumi take control of Mario and Zelda, so that's how long Miyamoto has been out of the real development trenches.

Inafune by all accounts was never anything special at all. To be fair, we really don't know for sure what he contributed design-wise other than the character designs. But it seems his true impact was more keeping the series alive over the years from a business standpoint.
>>
File: 1466053879933.jpg (65KB, 720x852px) Image search: [Google]
1466053879933.jpg
65KB, 720x852px
>>3876938
>Growing up I believed in Inafune.

>I loved Inafune so much, I owned all the games and merchandise
>I pray to Inafune every night, thanking him for the life I have been given
>"Inafune is love", I say, "Inafune is life"
>>
>>3877269
no
>>
>legendary game creator makes 1(one) bad game
>suddenly he is the scum of the earth
>>
Soul Sacrifice>Mega Man

He can still design good games when he has a competent team.
>>
>>3877235

I remember reading that Miyamoto wanted to do smaller projects instead of big budget ones around DS and Wii time.
>>
>>3877618
Was Inafune ever credited as an actual designer? I thought he was more of a producer/business man.
>>
>>3877615

The whole thing leading to Number 9 was a big clusterfuck though.
>>
>>3876918

>The development team for Mega Man consisted of only six people.[17] Inafune (credited as "Inafuking") designed and illustrated nearly all of the game's characters and enemies, as well as the Japanese Rockman logo, box art, and instruction manual. He was also responsible for rendering these designs into graphical sprite form.[13][16][17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_(video_game)

/vr/'s hate boner about Inafune BTFO
>>
>>3877691
The game wasn't even that bad.
>>
>>3877615
inafune is neither legendary nor creator
>>
>>3876918
I still laugh when I remember about Red Ash announcement fiasco. It's the combination of not understanding the situation, time, what fans wanted, and not telling everything clearly. Who makes a developer team consists only of idea guys anyway?
>>
>>3877269
It's funny because it's true. He buttfucked everyone at the end.
>>
>>3877235
Well that doesn't make sense, because the Might No. 9 fiasco has proved he's a shitty businessman too.
>>
>>3877802
>Who makes a developer team consists only of idea guys anyway?

Keiji Inafune created three companies, Intercept, Comcpet and Ding. Intercept was a standard game studio, and they seem to have died in the debackle of Kaoi: King of Pirates cancellation.
>>
>>3877851
>Kaio: King of Pirates
>This game has animal people, America will like it!
Flawless logic Inafune.
>>
File: 1391899994905.png (879KB, 782x600px) Image search: [Google]
1391899994905.png
879KB, 782x600px
>Yet another goddamn Inafune thread
Just fucking stop you autist, these threads concerning him aren't even /vr/ related in the first place since they mostly involve MN9 bitching.
>>>/v/
>>
>>3877624
Yeah, this began with the GameCube when he conceptualized Pikmin after applying his autism to his new garden. After that he moved onto the concepts for Nintendogs and things like Wii Fit and Wii Music.
>>
>>3877736
>wasn't the director
>didn't do anything in terms of gameplay or level design
>certainly didn't come up with the concepts of the game
>also didn't do any programming outside of graphics
>>
>>3876918
>Fuck me like Inafune fucked my kickstarter money!
>>
>>3877938

>Inafune (credited as "Inafuking") designed and illustrated nearly all of the game's characters and enemies,

Can you not read? Inafune created the characters/story.
>>
>>3877947
He didn't even draw Mega Man, another guy did the original sprite, Inafune just did like instruction manual graphics

It's not like it was his idea to make Proto Man
>>
>>3876918
>I believed in Inafune. I thought he was the series creator of Mega Man
why would you think this tho
>>
>>3876938
>Just lets you fill in the holes in your head.
do people seriously do this
>>
>>3878290
>>3878284

Unless forced to, Inafune NEVER mentions anyone else's contributions. He just says that this happened, then this other thing happened. Combined with the false belief that he's the series creator, the MM fans thought he did everything.

>>3878284
>why would you think this tho

Post 95', Inafune was the most prominent MM producer. He was giving tons of interviews. He was "the mega man guy" by most people's views. The credits for MM1 for him are artist and character designer. That made people think he's the creator of the character Mega Man. Since the series and character have the same name, people then made the next step to confuse he was the series creator. Inafune has only publically corrected this twice in his entirely life.

The gaming media just ran with this myth. They never mention anyone else's contributions in MM other than Inafune. Constantly call him the father of the series or series creator. I don't blame MM fans for having a totally mistaken view of him.
>>
Megaman had a good run

probably has more games than most currently running franchises
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.