[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm wanting to go back to FromSoft's older titles.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: kings-field-usa.jpg (126KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
kings-field-usa.jpg
126KB, 600x600px
I'm wanting to go back to FromSoft's older titles. How good is pic related?
>>
Good, but Shadow Tower is better
>>
>>3876583
I'll keep that on my radar
>>
I watched a Let's Play of one of the King's Field games recently... I don't remember which one though. It seemed interesting but clunky. Dude had to be poking walls all the time in case they might be fake, or something? And the combat seemed pretty slow and simplistic.
>>
I was just posting in another thread about the series. Didn't even notice this thread was up.

King's Field is a kind of proto-Souls game. The series inspired Demon's Souls and subsequently Dark Souls, but there are quite a few things that were changed or updated along the way. For instance, KF is entirely in a first-person perspective and uses tank controls. Some people complain about the pacing and sluggish maneuvering, but it never bothered me. During my first playthrough, I was too swept up in the game's atmosphere to care about how slowly things were pacing along.

KF1 (which is KF2 in Japan, since the first game was never formally released overseas) places you on a cursed island with the objective of tracking down the Moonlight Sword and returning it to your kingdom. You get to explore in and around the island, but mostly in, which draws you into a very massive labyrinth. The game is entirely open-world. I'm pretty sure you can complete major objectives in virtually any order you want. There's also a strong emphasis on uncovering secret areas and hidden items.

KF2 (which is KF3 in Japan) does away with the previous game's claustrophobic, maze-like corridors and places you in a world that perhaps has more semblance to an Elder Scrolls game. You get to explore large outdoor areas that are dotted with occasional passages, caverns and dungeons. It's a much longer and larger game overall.
>>
>>3876583
I have never played kf1 but I can attest to the fact that Shadow Tower on PS1 is a great game. Pretty confusing and tough at first but when you feel it out you can really pick up your pace.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.