[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else a fan of this game? Its really under rated imo, never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Forsaken.jpg (55KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
Forsaken.jpg
55KB, 640x442px
Anyone else a fan of this game? Its really under rated imo, never see it mentioned and its actually a really good game. Man that fucking music though is amazing.
>>
I've always heard positive things from people who owned it but never got around to playing it myself. Might give it a shot, there always seems to be copies around.
>>
because it's impossible to play while you're stoned
>>
This game was Fucking Rad on PC. Had colored lighting, six degrees of freedom, an actual art style for an early polygonal game, it was awesome.

So awesome that I bought it for PSX and bought one of those SpaceOrb 360 controllers from GameStop on clearance. It was... Not good. Man I wish I still had that controller, that thing has got to be worth something now.

Last I checked Forsaken was a free download somewhere and like one of the devs actually did sort of a fan full conversion to bring it up to modern OSs.
>>
>>3875297
man the n64 version is actually really good too. It has the colored lighting and the textures are nice for an n64 game especially. I forgot to mention having duke nukem as the voice in the game is too awesome haha

>>3875257
If you like descent you will like this game.

>>3875260
I don't have any problems
>>
>>3875130
Kept seeing at blockbuster but never rented it-core game.
>>
>>3875339
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNIsUavtkzU

you gotta at least try it
>>
I used to play the PC version a lot. I never did the singleplayer mode, just got into a lot of deathmatches via Kali. It was really fun. I would download custom maps and stuff; it had a decent community I guess.
>>
>>3875130
I didn't like it at the time but one thing that stuck with me was how amazing the lightning was (PSX version)
>>
Forsaken could really use a automap.

An multiplayer isn't really fun until everyone gits gud and knows the maps.
>>
Used to play this on PC too. It was like descent but less seizure-inducing.

>>3875984
Like every FPS from that time, really.
>>
>>3875130

its me or the Girl in the cover is Natalie portman?
>>
>>3876095
Her name is Donna Decianni
>>
I can't be the only person who remembers the fucking commercial for this game:

THE FUTURE IS FORSAKEN

THE FUTURE IS FORSAKEN

THE FUTURE IS FORSAKEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7xnnxrm00
>>
>>3875130
I found a second hand boxless copy ages ago and bought it. Was ok. Never got that far though.

Note how the box art completely ignores the game concept and just uses an attractive girl to sell the game.
>>
>>3876278

Yeah that has always stood out about the branding. It was and is totally blatant. I guess there's something respectable about that, maybe. It's just a neat little pure dose of eye-grabbing emptiness. They aren't pretending it's anything else and they aren't going over the top with the sexiness.

I mean it's still dumb though.
>>
I made the regrettable decision to get that tattoo on my face. It's why i don't like the game anymore.
>>
>>3877036
pics or it didnt happen
>>
What version should I play? I've always meant to grab this but never did.
>>
>>3877206
64 or pc version. 64 version does have 4 player
>>
>>3876095
She looks more like Wynona Rider to me.
>>
>>3877236
>>3876095
are you people so autistic you're face blind?
>>
>>3875130
Kickass OST. I occasionally hum the intro theme, even today.
>>
>>3877914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUhTDpZW-rE

A true classic.
>>
>>3875130
>>Lokasana
>>Trucker
>>Earl Sleek
Fuck I loved this game so much.
>>
>>3877236
She looks more like Kate Winslet.
>>
>>3878505
This.
>>
>>3875130
Never did play it when it first came out, but I bought it a few months back because I was obsessed with Descent for a while.

Cheaper than dirt too, only cost me seven bucks.

I didn't like it much though, it's one of those games where the "single player" is just playing multiplayer games against bots.

Was pretty disappointed desu.
>>
The things I remember the most about it were the alternative laser mode and the official nude skins that were in the game for two of the characters.
>>
>>3879521
whoa, on the N64 version?
>>
>>3878308
i always use trucker
>>
>>3875130
I played this a lot on Playstation when I was a kid. really put those dual joysticks to work. Good fun.
>>
>>3879521
>characters
You mean spaceships?
>>
File: 1393-forsaken-1-nnehl.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1393-forsaken-1-nnehl.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
dat ad tho
>>
File: NUBIA_PRM_Blender.png (158KB, 570x356px) Image search: [Google]
NUBIA_PRM_Blender.png
158KB, 570x356px
>>3879559
No idea, I only played the PC version.
>>
>>3875130

I love this game, so much that after first playing the PS version I got every other version it has to offer.
The PS version is my fav game of all time. The N64 one is good too but I prefer the controls with the Playstation controller.
Turning off leveling and ambushing your enemy upside down from the ceiling never felt as natural on the N64 version.

>>3875297
Correct. Under its original dev name ProjectX.
A while ago a COMPLETELY NEW LEVEL was released by them.
Also check out Sol Contingency, it was time for a modern 6dof game.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.