[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Nintendo stuff is ridiculously expensive right now. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1489105875800.png (884KB, 1214x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1489105875800.png
884KB, 1214x1074px
Super Nintendo stuff is ridiculously expensive right now. Should I sell all my SNES games and buy a flashcart?
>>
They're unlikely to ever go down in price so there's no huge rush. I've personally been selling Magic cards when I want to pay for a family vacation or an 80s car I want pops up since unlike game repros, Magic reprints completely tank the value of originals.
>>
File: 1484693109876.png (28KB, 898x409px) Image search: [Google]
1484693109876.png
28KB, 898x409px
>>3874095
>mfw I sold all my Saturn games and used the money to buy a pinball table with cash left over.

Worth it.
>>
>>3874095
>Should I sell all my SNES games and buy a flashcart?

I don't really see the point in this. Even the best Flash carts have compatibility issues with some of the games released near the end of the console's lifespan, like Kirby's Dream Land 3 and maybe Yoshi's Island. These are awesome games that shouldn't be missed out on.

If you're not insistent on owning original hardware, then sell everything, invest in a cheap emulation device like a Pi, and keep your leftover earnings for something else.
>>
File: 1489196854894.png (48KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
1489196854894.png
48KB, 378x378px
>>3874117
>mfw dont have any more retro consoles or cool pinball machines and the closest decent arcade is more than an hour away
>>
>>3874117
Yup. Can't download a pin.
>>
How about you keep the games you got and buy a flashcart anyway? I don't get this mentality where one must sell their games first before getting a flashcart.
>>
>>3874095
the cat has your pipe
>>
File: utonium-wat.png (22KB, 154x154px) Image search: [Google]
utonium-wat.png
22KB, 154x154px
>>3874121
Please stop it. Should we go over it again? Only the games with special chips don't work, aside for DSP1-4 games. Even then, it's way better to buy a flashcart, which allows you to play literally over a thousand games.
You're missing a few good games too, sure. But look at some of the most important stuff from this list:
Super Mario Kart (J)
Yoshi's Island (J)
Kirby's Super Deluxe (Super Star J)
Hoshi no Kirby 3 (J)
Rockman X2
Rockman x3
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius
These are the go-to import games, because American versions are way overpriced and they don't have that much text.
You also miss Super Mario RPG and several other RPGs like Star Ocean. But all in all it's about 70 games, a lot of which aren't even notable or good.
>>
>>3874225
>Please stop it. Should we go over it again?

What the fuck, man. Fuck your stupid ass too. If you just come here to sperg out at random anons, then I'll kindly ask you to go back to >>>/v/ and stay there.
>>
>>3874241
If by your logic running 95% of games isn't worth buying one $100 flashcart, you need to be told your reply is plain harmful and misleading
>>
>>3874104

shit, I still have boxes full of cards, should get rid of them asap
>>
>>3874104

I have a decent amount of 4th/5th edition stuff. I think the only valuable card that I have is an Unlimited Mox Emerald... but I can't bring myself to sell it.
>>
>>3874290
My beta jet paid for my honeyoon
>>
>>3874270
be a little sensible is the point he was making. Whats the point of being condescending?
>>
>>3874564
And what are you, moral police? You're not entitled to tell others what to do and how to act, and I don't care if you think otherwise
>>
>>3874270

That flashcart can be bought for $55 USD actually. Got mine for that much back in 2015. I'd recommend it to anybody and if you really need those special chip games then just fork over the 40ish bucks that they cost. The really expensive shit like Hagane, CT, EB, EVO, Wild Guns, Ninja Warriors etc. all have no add on chips in them.
>>
>>3874135
Future pinball.
>>
>>3874095
>Should I sell all my SNES games and buy a flashcart?

You'll regret it.
>>
>>3874595
Well, currently the regular Super Everdrive is $86/$106 depending on if you get the chip. SD2SNES is around $200.
My point is, it's just the simple maths. If you want to play Chrono Trigger, the loose cart price is at around $100 already. Even if you buy cheap games, you get 5-10 of them and you're over $100 already. Not to mention not everyone lives in US. So flashcarts are the only sane solution.
>>
Nah don't.
Its nice to have the real games
Why do you think people bitch about the prices
>>
>>3874095
You know where the pipe is Jon.
>>
File: 1489721531350.png (118KB, 373x282px) Image search: [Google]
1489721531350.png
118KB, 373x282px
>>3874095
You can but even then, SD2SNES, the best one we've got, still has a large chunk of it's library unplayable on the thing since apparently the devs hit a brick wall with supporting the special chips and supposedly the FPGA in the cart lacks the resources for full Super FX support meaning you'll have to pony up for the real carts anyway if it's true.

Honestly i'm waiting for Kevtris' FPGA console project, if he can pull off full SNES simulation in addition to the special chips, there'll be to point even dealing with the expense of buying an SNES plus the already expensive forever-unsupported carts. If you aren't allergic to emulation, I suggest Higan via RetroArch if you've got a good PC.
>>
>>3874753
>a large chunk of it's library
You do realize there are roughly 70 games total that use special chips?
>>
>>3874146
i actually already have a flashcart, i phrased it the way i did because i thought it would be easier for people to parse
>>
>>3874095
>selling them now

It's not like the amount of non-reproduction stuff out there is increasing. The price will only continue to rise, especially in another 20 years or so when these people start retiring and want to relive their childhood.

Just looking at ebay, it's kind of crazy. A box of CIB games I bought like 10 years back for $80 would go for over $1500 dollars at reseller prices right now.
>>
>>3874753
FPGAs are rapidly increasing in the quantity of programmable logic units and the prices keep going down. It'll be 4 years max before there's a sd2snes revision or a new flashcart all together using a more modern FPGA that can do it all for a reasonable cost.

It's not like the relevant chips aren't already sufficiently reverse engineered. If you can emulate it, you can do a FPGA implementation. It's just a matter of how much you can fit onto a single FPGA without the costs exploding.
>>
Now where could my flashcart be?
>>
The prices just keep going up. By selling now you're just shortchanging yourself.
>>
>>3874095
Depends what you have and how poor you are.
>>
>>3874095
yea
>>
>>3874095

>We have this thread so often it's almost like people make it just to shill their flashcarts.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.