[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Came across a banged up Jaguar and the guy only wanted 50 bucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Atari-Jaguar-Console-Set.jpg (2MB, 3860x1660px) Image search: [Google]
Atari-Jaguar-Console-Set.jpg
2MB, 3860x1660px
Came across a banged up Jaguar and the guy only wanted 50 bucks for it. He said it didn't work. Took it home, got it booted up (waiting on an RGB cable for it) and it works fine. He just wasn't putting a cartridge in.

What are the top games for this thing? The top 10 lists are all fucked. I know Doom, Rayman, AVP, and Iron Soldier.

Also, why is the D-Pad such a piece of shit? It feels like brittle plastic and is really shallow.
>>
>>3873764
>What are the top games for this thing?
Uh... Tempest 2000.

And that's about it.
>>
>>3873764
>What are the top games for this thing? The top 10 lists are all fucked. I know Doom, Rayman, AVP, and Iron Soldier.
Welp, that's it, that's the top games. Oh and Tempest 2000. The Wolfenstein port is also pretty neat.
>>
>>3873764
Atari Karts. But it's like 200 dollars.

And Wolfenstein 3D.
>>
I think there is a homebrew scene. You could look into that.
>>
It wouldn't be such a massive failure if it had any good games to play.
>$50
>for a "broken" Jaguar
>>
>>3873764
50 bucks is a steal. These things are getting expensive for some reason. 200-300 bucks on ebay in my country and it would be practically impossible to find it locally/flea markets.

Too bad the thing has literally no good games to play though.
>>
>>3874193
what
>>
>>3873764

Wolf 3D has an enhanced port. 60fps, fullscreen and redone textures and sprites.

Super Burnout is a stellar motorcycle game if you're into that.
>>
It's surprising the Jag never got a port of Rise of the Triad. It ran Wolf 3D beautifully and Doom acceptably, better than the 32X, Saturn or 3DO.

The ROTT engine would have run fullscreen 60fps vga resolution and gicen the Jag a good network multiplayer title. Also a fully textured "3D" game besides Doom that didn't run like soft dog turds down a playground slide in a Georgia Summer
>>
>>3873764
Doom port is meh, but it comes close to the real thing
>>
>>3874975
On the Jaguar?
Wht the fuck
>>
Definitive, good games on the Jaguar? Unfortunately, they're expensive, because it has so few good games. But here's the complete list:

Tempest 2000
Doom
Wolfenstein 3D
Rayman
Atari Karts
Super Burnout
Iron Soldier
Alien vs Predator

Some iffy ones are
Power Drive Rally
and Flashback
>>
>>3875107
I'd put Atari Karts and ABP as merely decent.
I'd add Zero 5, Defender 2000 and Raiden to the good list.
>>
>>3875256
Wats ABP
>>
>>3875107

The original Worms got a Jaguar port.

Pinball Fantasies is good fun *if* you like that genre in the first place.
>>
>>3875272
I think he meant AvP
>>
>>3875107
>>3875256
adding:

cannon fodder
attack of the mutant penguins
missile command 3D
ruiner pinball
syndicate

breakout 2000 and soccer kid are kinda iffy and not really worth paying the ridiculous amounts they go for.
>>
>>3875035
Doom port is actually pretty good. No music though
>>
Why are all the good jag games so damn expensive
>>
>>3873791
Which has a DOS port that is pretty good, so... It's useless
>>
>>3875272

>Alien Bersus Predator

lol
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.