[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone remember Lagoon? I remember it being really good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (36KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 256x224px
Anyone remember Lagoon?
I remember it being really good but I was really young.
>>
>>3872602
Shame you didn't have mana instead.
>>
>>3872607
Was lagoon just a pile of shit? I watched my older cousin play it when I was pretty young an i remember it being cool.
>>
>>3872602
Good music but the battle system was wonky. People complain about the toothpick sword.

But really, it had some fabulous music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RezP0jDj_gU
>>
>>3872625
Lagoon has 2 versions. The Ys version and the SNES version.

Its a fun game. Fuck the haters.
>>
>>3872625

No. It was an okay Lagoonvania-type game. It was somewhat crippled by a few major flaws though: The camera doesn't move until you get stupidly close to the edge of the screen; the hero's sword is stupidly tiny; the spells you can get are kinda lame (especially the high-level ones); the dungeons are repetitive and overly mazelike.

But it's not terrible. It's just kinda there, except the music which is cool.
>>
>>3872652
>overly mazelike

Maybe every dungeon should be a hallway.
>>
>>3872657

Every dungeon should be non-boring. That's all.

I don't think it's fun to be pushed to draw a map. (I didn't draw one, but I remember being pressured toward doing that.) There is no harm in placing landmarks here and there, for visual interest at least.
>>
>>3872642
Yeah I remember the music standing out to me.
>>
>>3872669
If you play through as fast as you can, you would finish it quickly. It just adds to longetivity of a first playthrough.

>>3872671
The music is much better on SNES than the other version.
>>
>>3872647
>The Ys version
Wat? Did you mean the x68k version?
>>
>>3872704
Yeah you dont press a button to swing, you fucking do a joust style of gameplay. The game itself is a straight Ys ripoff in that version. The SNES you have to manually swing your sword.
>>
>>3872689
>music is better
https://youtu.be/drUhtFIFOPU
Listen to the SHEER METAL FURY of that intro cutscene. It's not quite Technosoft but it's getting there.

Lagoon is underrated and pretty fun when you get the hang of the combat. If you just remember to approach enemies at an angle it's Ys with an attack button. Xak: The Art of Visual Stage on SNES plays immensely similar to Lagoon but 10 times more fun, check out the translation.
>>
File: 1489289022097.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
1489289022097.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
>>3872602
>>
It always bothered me how frickin bulky Thor was. In cutscenes he was a little anime girly boy just like you, but in the game engine he was like as wide as he was tall.

So, if anybody is thinking of trying this game--just keep that in mind. Thor is really wide, and it might put you off a bit.
>>
>>3875049
Half of that was the early 90s anime giant shoulder pads and cape combo.
>>
>>3872602
yeah I play this game for the first time all the way through it in 2015, sorry buddy but really is a shitty game with very bad design, I really like jumping while I walk in this game anyway
>>
>>3872642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E66Kzy6G58
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.