[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that these two together are the ultimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Snes-Ps1.jpg (80KB, 1098x423px) Image search: [Google]
Snes-Ps1.jpg
80KB, 1098x423px
Can we all agree that these two together are the ultimate JRPG machines?
>>
For plebs that only play localized titles.
>>
>>3871386
No, the PS2 was.
- has tons of its own exclusive JRPGs
- plays all PSX JRPGs (which includes some of those SNES ports of final fantasy and chrono trigger)

And there's also a SNES emulator for PS2.
>>
>>3871404
Then my PC is the ultimate JRPG machine.
>>
>>3871395
It's including SuFami and Jap Ps1 games too.
>>
These plus DS (not retro though) are the best jrpg machines. PS2 gets honorable mention
>>
>>3871673
I don't see how the DS is even in the same league as those machines. Wasn't its best RPG just a port of Chrono Trigger?
>>
>>3871804
There were plenty of great jrpgs like The Dark Spire, all the Etrian Odysseys, SMT Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, and the SaGa remakes. You just gotta dig into the library
>>
PC Engine and Sega Saturn were better.
>>
>>3871386
In terms of Retro, yeah, but you should add PC-98 to those two.
If not retro then you absolutely need to include PS2, DS and PSP.

>>3871804
The DS has some titles which I personally consider fundamental, it also has some great GB/SNES remakes like SaGa2/3 and Metal Max 2:R which are absolutely fantastic.
>>3871828
Neither of those come close to the PS alone, especially when most of the worthwhile PCE game were multiplats and some of the most unique and interesting Saturn games like Culdcept got PS ports.
The Saturn just doesn't have a strong set of true exclusives compared to the PS and what little remains on the console can't put it on par with the PS.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.