[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to find a game that I used to play for ps1, The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

I'm trying to find a game that I used to play for ps1, The cover had a black pickup truck with yellow racing stripes, and the first level was you racing near a beach on a time trail in said truck. I've tried google and looking through ps1 racing games but I can't find it, can anyone help?
>>
Felony 1179?
>>
>>3871359
Gotta be. AKA Runabout.
>>
>>3871359
>>3871381

Perfect, it was Runabout 2, Thanks guys.
>>
File: idas4[1].jpg (27KB, 250x363px) Image search: [Google]
idas4[1].jpg
27KB, 250x363px
Do any of the Initial D games have English translations? I've only played one of the arcade games. It think it was Stage 4. The local arcade got rid of it though many years ago and I've been itching to play any of them again. Wouldn't mind playing through a story mode that is translated.
>>
File: Midnight_Club_II_Coverart[1].jpg (118KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Midnight_Club_II_Coverart[1].jpg
118KB, 300x425px
tried to replay this last week. It was terrible. How do people still consider this good. It's poor as an arcade racer, and it's poor as an "underground street" racer.
>>
>>3873623
>No clutch pedal
>>
>>3873635
I could be wrong, but hasn't the clutch been something neglected from racing games for the most part until recently?
>>
File: 52124_front.jpg (159KB, 640x915px) Image search: [Google]
52124_front.jpg
159KB, 640x915px
>>3873623
In special stage story mode is just a repeat of the manga/anime which you shouldn't need translations for since you already know what happens.
>>
File: 1475040441071.gif (63KB, 1000x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1475040441071.gif
63KB, 1000x1192px
>>3873656
No actually, I don't know what happens. I tend to avoid series' that go on for a long time because I can't be bothered to spend so much time on one story. They usually start dropping in quality after the first bit anyways. Why waste so much time on one story when I could read a single book or watch a single film in a small fraction of the time? That's why I kind of like anime-based video games because they usually summarize years of content in just a few hours so you get the gist of the story without all of the filler. One off's and mini-series are the best.

I appreciate the suggestion though!
>>
>>3873675
Your thinking way too deeply about this, its just a damn street racing show. The draw isn't really the story, but the awesome races and music, which you're not going to get reading a paragraph that describes the gist of the story.
>>
File: 1475158179645.gif (22KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475158179645.gif
22KB, 640x400px
>>3873694
>Your thinking way too deeply about this
Probably, it's hard for me to play a story mode without knowing what's going on though or else I feel like I'll be missing out on something. Its why I try to avoid large games with lots of collectibles because I'll spend hours collecting shit even though I hate it just to get a special item that is just re skinned so I don't "miss out' on anything.
>>
>>3873710
There's an arcade mode in the game, just play that instead.
>>
>>3873628
LMAO end your life. This is arcade racing perfection. EA shill?
>>
>>3873723
Take the nostalgia glasses off and go replay it. Its piss-easy. I have no idea why there is even a button other than gas. You start off with a car that can turn 90 degrees on a dime. Its so boring, it takes no skill at all.
>>
>>3873727
I played it a couple months ago. The whole point is for the cars to turn on a dime, it's an arcade racing game. It's meant to be more Midtown Madness than Need For Speed Underground. They're like edgy hotwheels cars literally flying over the city.
>>
File: Float on yunk.gif (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Float on yunk.gif
35KB, 500x500px
>>3873731
Arcade racers are usually challenging and at least have other mechanics in order to properly take corners.

Also, unlike other arcade racers its just shitty open world maps MUCH LIKE GARBAGE EA GAMES WITH NO LEVEL DESIGN. So suck it, loser.
>>
>>3873735
>arcade racers are defined by their difficulty
>I also need a cornering gimmick
Satire post?
>>
>>3873742
No, the game is just boring because there is no tech and no interesting races. It feels like they took an unfinished prototype or one of those free browser shockwave games from ages ago with better graphics.
>>
>>3873756
That's only because you chose to ignore everything about the game other than the handling is too responsive.
>>
>>3873761
No I didn't. Every race is hold gas - that's it. You unlock something after every few races but it doesn't change up gameplay. Okay now I can boost, okay now I can tilt my car in mid-air. Okay now I can use bikes, except there is no point in using a bike because cars are almost always better. Progression towards all of that stuff is too slow too. Makes the whole first map of the game a boring 1-hour tutorial slog.
>>
>>3873628
>>3873756
Did you play a lot of gta back in the day? It's made by rockstar. When it came out I was playing a lot of gta and it felt like the racing game I wanted.
>>
>>3873786
You're just misunderstanding that Midnight Club is a series about the driving of cars, it's not. So complaining that the cars turn too well and not needing to brake to corner is utterly pointless. Midtown Madness and Midnight Club by proxy has always been about a scramble through a very dense metropolis city. Every city is a playground filled with "traps" and set pieces where the checkpoints try to string them together to be as chaotic as possible. Now if your criticism was about needing to memorize every hurdle then okay. This makes games like NFSU2 and Burnout Paradise look dead because there's nothing going on in the city, and they use open world as just a shitty excuse to drive around a bunch of networked roads. Only Midnight Club lets you go from sewer tunnels, to subways, to beaches, to mall interiors, to trams, to dams, roof tops, all while being fully populated with pedestrians and traffic jams. It's the only racing series of the bunch to not use open world as a sorry ass excuse to reuse roads. Now of course the open world genre is one that is constantly evolving so for sure Midnight Club 2 is going to get surpassed easily in 2017, that doesn't make it retroactively bad. Got me to reply.
>>
File: 1472336426325.jpg (124KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472336426325.jpg
124KB, 768x1024px
>>3873798
No I didnt play a lot of 3D GTA. I owned and played a lot of the top-down GTAs when they came out, but only ever played 3 and Vice City a few times back then at a friend's.

>>3873821
Even though it has some interesting pieces, theyre not fun to play because the cars themselves do not feel fun to drive.
Im not baiting, I was just genuinely shocked and how much i ended up hating it when I was hyped to have fun with it like when I had first played it.
>>
>>3874625
The series gets heavier just for the sake of inching towards realism more with every game. Main reason why I dislike MCLA so much but give that a try if you want to lean towards the NFS style more instead of the toy car stuff. Although NFS is much tighter, MCLA just feels sloppy.
>>
>>3874761
Thanks, its not that i want to play NFS or something realistic though. My original comment was that it was no where near as fun as i had remembered it being. There are many other arcade racers i'd rather play. I was bored playing it. Doesnt mean you dont have to enjoy it, im just disappointed at how its aged.
>>
>>3873623
Didn't know this was a thing, that looks fun as hell.
>>
>>3874625
early midnight clubs suck, only 3 dub edition and L.A complete are any good these days.
>>3879679
its pretty neat, WMMT is better though
>>
>>3873628
the 3rd one is better, 2 is just shit
>>
>>3879713
Whats in the picture is Initial D 4th stage though which very much changes the gameplay in the jump from Naomi 2 to PC based hardware.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.