[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Aerith: >brimming with child like confidence >flirty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 18

File: 30403-tifa-vs-aeris[1].jpg (29KB, 468x267px) Image search: [Google]
30403-tifa-vs-aeris[1].jpg
29KB, 468x267px
Game Aerith:
>brimming with child like confidence
>flirty with Cloud
>previous sexual partners

Fan vision of Aerith:
>pure shy holy girl priestess

Game Tifa:
>shy, even subdued
>responsible adult
>no mention of any previous sexual partners

Fan vision of Tifa:
>super turbo slut

Why has the fanbase totally reversed their personalities? Is it just because Tifa is a titty monster that they assume, falsely, that she must be a slut?
>>
>>3870876
To be fair, Tifa dresses like a prostitute, not saying she is one but ahe is certainly dressed like it.
>>
Its something ive wondered for a long time.

The titties are probably part of it. Also its an anime cliche for a childhood friend character to be a tomboy and for the 'main' love interest to be a pure shy spineless love doll. Look at how much of the fanbase hadnt even played the fucking game and it makes sense they'd get these personalities, shitty cliche anime stereotypes are all those people know.

Fuck square for embracing it. Butchering these characters in advent children and especially kingdom hearts really reinforced those characterizations as well. In that game Cloud is the dark and moody edge lord fanart always made him out to be as well. Kingdom Hearts was actually a pretty big part of FF7's portrayal becoming irreversibly fucked.
>>
Aeri?(?) is hotter than Tifa.
>>
Aeris was subliminally realigned with Belldandy, the character she was a donutsteel of, in the first place.
>>
>>3870887
Well it's probably fairly warm in the sector 7 slums so maybe she's just dressing for the temperature. Not her fault she's got massive bazongas.
>>
>>3870876
Their personalities swapped in Kingdom Hearts, which a lot of younger kids played before FFVII. Maybe that's a factor?
>>
>>3870953
It's a 20 year old game, it's totally retro
>>
it's based on the amount of sadpanda doujins

since tifa got tons (and some 3d sfm) while aeris/th barely got any,
canon adapted
>>
I don't recall anything in game stating that Aerith had previous sexual partners, just a boyfriend
>>
>>3871075
>Durr hurr
>>
>>3871080
she's a prostitue when you meet her

>girl
>alone
>at night
>in a back alley
>"""selling flowers"""
>does not bat an eye when a strager bumps into her
>>
>>3871085
You people are embarrassing.
>>
>Tifa is a hoodrat who hangs around criminals in a seedy bar
>gee why do people think impure thoughts about mai waifu?
>>
Aeris was a "flower girl", which is slang for a whore.

>>3870887
>To be fair, Tifa dresses like a prostitute, not saying she is one but ahe is certainly dressed like it.

Everyone designed by Nomura dresses like a prostitute, especially the males.
>>
>>3871085
>>3871097
>>3871094

There seems to be SOME connection.

>Other girls used prostitution to upplement their day jobs. Some flower girls for instance would stay out later than their more virtuous peers, looking to sell a different kind of flower when night fell. “Flower-seller” even came to be known as short-hand for prostitute; one of the many reasons why being a flower seller was a disreputable profession, and perhaps why Eliza Doolittle from the play Pygmalion, herself a flower-seller, is so insistent of her virtue: “I’m a good girl I am!” Customers looking to hire the services of a spell or part-time flower girl typically had to do so in the open.

http://www.coventgardenmemories.org.uk/page_id__34.aspx

>George Bernard Shaw played upon the perceived moral ambiguity of the flowergirl in “Pygmalion.” While Eliza Doolittle protests her virtue by declaring, “I’m a good girl, I am,” her father is entirely amenable to prostitute his daughter to Professor Higgins for whatever he can get. Henry Mayhew’s testimony confirms the historical veracity of this ambivalence, while emphasising that the majority of flowergirls struggled to scrape a living by selling flowers and chose to retain moral dignity in spite of their poverty. And the cathartic moment in Shaw’s play when Eliza throws Professor Higgins’ slippers to the floor dramatises this crucial assertion of self-esteem.

http://spitalfieldslife.com/2010/10/11/the-flowergirls-of-1851/
>>
>>3871085
Aerith was pure before she met Cloud you faggit.
>>
To be fair, Tifa did go and try and be a prostitute pretty early in the game.
But then again so did Cloud, so whatever.
>>
File: Aeris Chainsaw.jpg (8KB, 160x256px) Image search: [Google]
Aeris Chainsaw.jpg
8KB, 160x256px
>>3871097
>>3871085
>>3871163
Aerith was poor with a mother to support and she maintained a gigantic secluded flower garden inside of a major city where flowers were a total anomaly. Why in the hell wouldn't she sell them? Remember what the people outside Honey Bee Inn were paying for them? She was making a living selling flowers, period.

In FFTactics she reprises her role as a flower merchant and gets taunted to the point of threat that she *should* be selling her body instead, clearly pointing out that she was not.

You can put your dicks away now.
>>
>>3871312

I *think* that it's a shout out to the Victorian notion of flower sellers being ambiguous. The player is meant to question whether she is just a flower seller or something else. However, she is clearly just a flower seller in the end.
>>
>Cloud desperately wants to impress Tifa
>Joins SOLDIER as soon as he's able
>Horrible experience
>Tifa forgets about Cloud, fucks Johnny
>Cloud comes back
>Tifa pretends to be his one true love

Tifa is trash. IDGAF about the other characters, but she's pure trash. Also, how is the front of her face and body not one huge scar after Sephiroth slashed her point blank back in Niblehiem?
>>
>>3871075
barret is pure
>>
>>3871326
Damn her for not falling in love with the asshole shut in! Doesn't she know a girl is supposed to save herself for the one brooding guy who loves her but is too fucked up to act like a normal person about it? Fucking trash like every woman.
>>
>>3870876
it's because tifa is so sweet that most doujin have her becoming a cock hungry slut.
they have a real hard-on for corruption and all that.
>>
>>3871326
>johnny meme.
every time.
dude is such a desperate cuck that later on in life he opens a bar that is constantly losing regulars because he won't shut up about how great tifa is.
>>
>>3870887
see >>3871097
but also, that's kind of the point. It's an old ass trope; tough chick who punches and kicks is soft on the inside, but it works because it organically invites character development (unless you literally tell your audience the trope at introduction like some shit modern anime).
Same with Aeris(th I guess). Her personality betrays her outward appearance, which is good. It means she can take Cloud and even the player off guard and surprise us just through conversation.

also:
>They got their personalities the wrong way round in the AC movie and onwards because of how they look.
It's almost as if the game had at least some level of depth in each character as opposed to them all being skin deep.
>>
File: 0883-Ending-FMV-Aeris.png (22KB, 350x253px) Image search: [Google]
0883-Ending-FMV-Aeris.png
22KB, 350x253px
>Cloud: You were...serious?
>Aeris: No. But I liked him for awhile.
This line was included specifically to establish purity in spite of a previous relationship.

Also the whore jokes can stay jokes. Everything superficial about Aeris is a literary device to contrast her with her environment (not hard to figure out).

That said, OP is right that her character has been butchered along with Cloud's outside the real FF7.
As for Tifa....can't tell. She's a supporting character everywhere she goes. Perhaps the original Tifa would have the same reactions to Nu-Cloud.
>>
>>3871312
>>3871319

You're banking on a japanese game playing with western victorian era literary tropes when there is no hint toward that. Other than Aeris being a flower girl, and a character in a victorian era novel being a flower girl, you have identified nothing comparable. Unless you provide evidence for that theory, it's remains unbelievable.
>>
>>3871597
He just really, really wants to picture Aeris giving head to some slob in a Midgar alley. Like his life depends on it.
>>
File: crying chihuahua.jpg (10KB, 228x217px) Image search: [Google]
crying chihuahua.jpg
10KB, 228x217px
>>3871327
He just wants a better world for his daughter
>>
File: best girl.jpg (134KB, 311x372px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
134KB, 311x372px
>>3870876

there's a reason Yuffie is true best girl anon. Yeah she's a loud, troublesome sneak thief but she's an honest loud, snarky, troublesome sneak thief. Her fans love her for being a loud, snarky, troublesome, sneak thief. No delusions, no reinventions.

100% best girl.
>>
Tifa dresses like a lesbian. I just thought I would put that out there. All she needs is a lip piercing to seal the deal.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&sa=1&btnG=Search&q=lesbian+suspenders+
>>
>>3871712
>his daughter
>>
>>3871597
creators have pulled from seemingly unrelated stuff before, so it's hardly unbelieveable.

this whole thread is theorycrafting, and that's necessary because there aren't confirmed answers to all these questions.
>>
>>3871836
blood only goes so far.
my best friend is more of a brother to me than my actual brother.
anyways, did barret have a wife or was that just dyne?
i could have sworn he said he was married
>>
>>3870876
That's because their "personalities" in battle were more memorable than those in the "plot", retard.
>>
>>3871327
Barret has the most mature character arc in the game.
>>
>>3871751
And even she was ruined in the compilation, hell she was a completely different character in Dirge of Ceberus.
>>
>>3871338
That's true though, just look at FF8, which is (supposedly) based on "real teenagers" with "real teenager problems", featuring yet another asshole shut in constantly surrounded by his harem of hotties who all lust after his cock no matter how much of an utter prick he is to them, and have little to no personality beyond that.
>>
>>3871940
Selphie is into Irvine´s dick though.

Play the game faggot.
>>
File: 1482053649183.png (664KB, 669x688px) Image search: [Google]
1482053649183.png
664KB, 669x688px
Barret is the reverse of the common "white cuck" trope.
>>
>>3871597
>You're banking on a japanese game playing with western victorian era literary tropes when there is no hint toward that.

Who knows. One of the writers may have studied Shaw in college. The poverty in the cyberpunk style world of Midgar may have evoked a connection to Victorian poverty in one of the people on staff, so they made her a flower girl.
>>
>>3872124
Damm what a cuck.

And where is the father?
>>
>>3872139
Jail
>>
>>3871901
i just checked.
he had a wife named myrna who was sick.
she got killed when shinra destroyed the town.
>>
File: 000MMI_Jim_Carrey_010.jpg (67KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
000MMI_Jim_Carrey_010.jpg
67KB, 852x480px
>>3872124
huh, i just remembered that this happened in me, myself, and irene.
>>
>>3871931

Eh, she didn't get it as bad as the others. She just mostly got stuck with the genki teenage sidekick role.
>>
>>3871312
Not to mention she lives in a better home than anyone else in the slums. Fancy house with gardens versus shanty town buildings made from trash. Why would poor people want to buy flowers when the money is better spent in buying food and other necessities? Why would well-off people go out of their way to a seedy section of a city to buy flowers. All the evidence points to Aeris being a whore.
>>
>>3871931
Oh god yeah her fucking "crush" or whatever you want to call it with Vincent is cringeworthy.

Square is really fucking retarded for extending the universe with VII's cast who already had completed character arcs, but then again I guess I can't blame them since the entire point was to milk it for cash which wouldn't have been possible with OCs.
>>
File: GenesisCGModel-CrisisCore.png (236KB, 590x657px) Image search: [Google]
GenesisCGModel-CrisisCore.png
236KB, 590x657px
>>3872724
>since the entire point was to milk it for cash which wouldn't have been possible with OCs

And yet they did it anyway.
>>
File: file.png (69KB, 904x735px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
69KB, 904x735px
>>3872124
>>3872139
>>
>>3873148
Holy fuck
>>
>>3873148
"Men" like this should just be put out of their misery.
>>
File: 1428746355009.gif (370KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
1428746355009.gif
370KB, 300x302px
>>3873148
>that related story
>>
>>3870953
>>3870957
You missed the joke.
>>
>>3873148
>>3872124
Religion makes people fucking stupid.
>>
>>3873290
it's not even "religion", christians of the past would have beaten the wife and not feel any remorse. It's the modern conception of proletarian religion, as cuck as it gets. that's where all the white guilt and modern left psychology comes from
>>
>>3873148
one day, that husband is going to snap and absolutely fucking murder that bitch of a wife.
>>
>>3873310
No it's just pure stupidity.
>>
>>3873315
I kind of pity the man, and I do see this happening >>3873313 if he doesn't sue her for divorce and move on with his life; she's not gonna cheat on him once.
>>
>>3872124
>>3873148
this is probably fake news considering there are 0 other sources on this story.
>>
File: superbike with leather seat11.jpg (102KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
superbike with leather seat11.jpg
102KB, 960x720px
>>3873319
Ohh I pity him for sure. He allowed his belief to completely blind him. Or he's blinded by something else and pinning on religion because that's easiest.

Either way he's dumb as dirt though and that's what's funny about it. So is she for that matter. It's all funny. Some dude out there is probably laughing his ass off extra hard at the both of them too.
>>
>TiCl shippers
>>
>>3873329
I always wondered why women talk of men as "stupid" even if they're known for being shallow and we build and created civilization, art and practically all advances in the world. Then I had an epiphany; men are dumb in women's mind because they can easily be fooled by women. And if a stupid woman can easily fool men, is he really that intelligent?
>>
>>3873358
Both men and women are humans and humans are all prone to thinking they're far smarter than they actually are. This inevitably leads to hubris, and the hubris of others is like delicious candy.
>>
Imagine a world where men never taught women how to read or write.
>>
>>3873374
Poor baby, your mom must have really been hard on you.
>>
>>3873374
It's not the women who are a problem, it's the Jews.
>>
>>3873409
too ez desu

I would've had a much better, and more structured life had I gotten to live with my dad instead.

But, because my mom is a selfish woman, she was able to keep me in custody and ruin my life.

I never learned to wipe my ass, I never was taught to brush my teeth, she worked night shifts, and I wore thrift shop sweat pants to school until 8th grade when I dropped out, ran away, and turned my life around to make more money than she's made her entire working life.
>>
>>3871075
I always thought Barret was Mexican.
>>
>>3873416
So a shitty person came from shitty genes and shitty upbringing? That all makes sense.
>>
>>3873416
what stopped your dad from being an asshole too? That doesn't matter to you, does it? You found your excuse to say this >>3873374
and that's all that matters. Being an asshole and a coward go hand in hand dont they? You just wont admit you're a scumbag, so you look for an excuse.

decent people dont need any excuse to be decent either
>>
>>3873509
It sounds like they were both assholes (his dad clearly didn't fight hard enough to get time with his son) but he blames the person he was stuck with the most.

Clearly neither of them were prepared to be parents and they jumped into it before they knew they wouldn't work together. It is kind of sad. To think the amount of anger and misery that proper contraception or even an abortion could have saved.
>>
File: RIMG4288.jpg (81KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
RIMG4288.jpg
81KB, 450x600px
>>3873428
literally how
>>
>>3873428
How could someone from a planet with no Mexico be Mexican?
>>
>>3871326

This to be honest with you. Might have been a hot look for her.
>>
>>3873632
I meant like his in game sprite, idk man. Young me thought he acted like my Mexican friends growing up.
>>
>>3872860

Honestly Im more concerned about Vincent's loli love interest. Just. ew.
>>
>>3873163
RICED. 黑人男孩怎么会甚至竞争?
>>
>>3873358
>I always wondered why women talk of men as "stupid" even if they're known for being shallow and we build and created civilization, art and practically all advances in the world
lol how DO you keep the women off of you with an attitude like that. fucking hilarious.

>b- b- but it's true!

Using that as the premise of your argument paints you out as some extremely socially-awkward nerd.
>>
>>3874327
You mean YELLOWED
>>
>>3874346
so you're telling me I'm not wrong?
k
>>
>>3874041
I'm gonna need to see some pictures
>>
File: Shelke.png (2MB, 981x2600px) Image search: [Google]
Shelke.png
2MB, 981x2600px
>>3874537
>>
>>3874556
what could possibly be wrong with wanting to fuck that
>>
>>3874669
She's legal so honestly nothing
>>
>>3874556
>>3872860

What happened to the art design of the FF7 sequels? Why was there zero attempt at keeping the same aestetic and designs? These characters look like they're from completely different universes and time periods.
>>
File: 1373192031692.jpg (591KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1373192031692.jpg
591KB, 1280x960px
>>3870901
The question mark should be read as a tongue click.
>>
>>3871327
Truth.
I feel like he always got caught up in everyone else's bullshit. He's the one that had the most important reason to fight.
>>
>>3874473
actually I'm insinuating you will have a lot more of a fulfilling life if you don't walk around with an insane victim/persecution complex towards all women bumping around your head.

>Why do women think they are SO SMART!? Don't they REALIZE that they OWE EVERYTHING to MEN LIKE ME?!?
>>
>>3871319
No, you are simply a fool and so is every internet retard with their own headcanon. Most people were children when they played FF7 or teens at most and were 100% unaware of any of this innuendo and stupid sex brained bullshit that horny and unfucked adults like to insert into video games. She literally is just a girl that sells flowers.
>>
>>3871338
Not sure if you're joking but yes that is what they are supposed to do
>>
>>3874719
Consistency and Square Enix go together like apples and oranges.
>>
File: 1439711427735.jpg (257KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
1439711427735.jpg
257KB, 600x709px
>>3871326
Isn't a girl entitled to a few mistakes in her life? God knows my past isn't spotless. She and Cloud end up together in the end, that's what really counts.
>>
File: tetsuya.jpg (60KB, 525x176px) Image search: [Google]
tetsuya.jpg
60KB, 525x176px
>>3874719

Okay so here's basically what happened.

Tetsuya Nomura is a talented artists and probably an okay guy.

He did some designs on games like FF7, Parasite Eve, probably other stuff. People like his designs so he get's popular and you know what, he deserved too.

Okay so here's where things go south. Just because you can draw doesn't necessarily mean you can DESIGN and it doesn't mean you should be in charge of shit.

So basically a popular talented and probably okay guy got put into a position he probably really shouldn't have and without someone to keep his feet on the ground his baloon when twice round the world to crazy town
>>
>>3877284
No Cloud ends with Yuffie.

At least he did in my last playthrough.
>>
>>3872461
They explain in the game that shinra keep an eye on the last ancient. They probably hiver money to aeris's LOL to raise her in good condition. I agree that secter 7 isn't the best location to protect something valuable but it!s what the game told us.

She also probably not really need the money earn with the flowers.
>>
File: yuffie kiss.gif (2MB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
yuffie kiss.gif
2MB, 288x216px
>>3877335
>>
>>3877309
you do realize that the person they use as an image figurehead isn't actually making decisions right
>>
File: Y4f66iz.jpg (740KB, 2410x1709px) Image search: [Google]
Y4f66iz.jpg
740KB, 2410x1709px
>>3877335
I agree.
>>
>>3877389

He IS the one drawing this shit though
>>
>>3877407
the things he's drawing appeal to the target audience of shallow 14 year olds with disposable income that they didn't have to earn

he did his job perfectly well and the fact that there are profits at all reflect that

it's not about art, it's not about quality, and it's not about integrity, it's only about money.
>>
>>3877428
if anything, the mere fact that the first game was sold to 14 year olds of 1997, and 5 or 10 years later they cash in on the epic legacy with another game that uses the characters or setting, that game, you see, is still targeted at 14 year olds, only not the same 14 year olds, so of course it looks different, and you know what, those original 14 year olds, their preferences don't matter, because of course if they loved the first game so much, they'll buy all the other cash ins no matter what, so of course, _of course_ the designs are going to be different. they're selling it to different 14 year olds. they SHOULD be different because it doesn't matter what YOU want, it matters what will bring in the MONEY.
>>
>>3877389
>>3877407

Nomura gained TONS of power though. He went from just an artist to a director and producer. He IS the one making the decisions.
>>
>>3870887
yeah it's just the body and clothes

hard to make someone that looks like Aerith guzzle 10 or so cocks while being fucked by a Marlborough while not looking like rape
>>
>>3877372
>>3877396
Yuffie was always my choice
>>
>>3871092
flower girl is a known slang for prostitutes
>>
>>3879850

{{citation needed}}
>>
>>3871326
Who is the biggest slut Tifa or the dogfuckeR?
>>
>>3870876

>Tifa is just short for Tiffany
>>
>>3871085
Not to mention

>skirt with long frontal slit revealing a lot of leg and even her panties
>red jacket, coifed hair, and bulky jewelry for grabbing attention
>bright pink form-fitting dress with bigger neckline that Tifa's top
>dress can be quickly unbuttoned
>>
>>3879926
Here's your Citation. Flower girl does mean prostitute in many areas of Asia.
http://sinonk.com/2012/08/02/prostitution-abortion-hyesan-north-korea/
>>
>>3881832
>>bright pink form-fitting dress with bigger neckline that Tifa's top
If Aerith was a prostitute because she couldn't survive otherwise she still superior to the whore by choice that Tifa is
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.