[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Games features status effect weapons >Bosses immune to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1489366448376.jpg (411KB, 1165x1579px) Image search: [Google]
1489366448376.jpg
411KB, 1165x1579px
>Games features status effect weapons
>Bosses immune to 90% of all status effects
>>
File: tumblr_nw5zbq397Y1uffkoko1_1280.jpg (79KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw5zbq397Y1uffkoko1_1280.jpg
79KB, 1080x1080px
>>3870706

>Casting doom and instant death spells never works on big baddies
>>
>>3870706

>that pic

It's almost like RPG developers should just kill themselves for making such an unfun genre.
>>
>>3870712
careful with that edge or you'll cut yourself boy
>>
How does that apply to Incredible Crisis?
>>
>playing an rpg
>oh no another unbeatable battle?
>actually you just need to level up a bit
>winning that battle immediately ends the game
>you miss out on 90% of the game's content
>this also averts pretty much every bad thing from happening and is the only way to save that boss who later becomes a party member's life
I wasn't mad at all
>>
>>3870709
>cast doom on regular foes
>realize it's faster to kill them normally than letting a countdown reach 0
>>
>>3870712
Incredible crisis isn't a rpg
>>
>>3870820

>Not using Level 5 Death to bypass that shit.
>>
What
>>
>game features weapons with special effects
>none of them work due to bad programming

Fuck you, Nasir.
>>
File: bario.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bario.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>"unbeatable" boss battle
>if you grind enough you can actually win
>all you get as a reward is some shitty item you will never use
>>
>>3872480
That's not even the encounter you can win. You can win the one in the Wyndia Dungeon.
>>
>>3870706
>status effect spells
>not worth the turn it takes to cast on trash enemies
>bosses are immune because it'd make the fight trivial

The eternal dilemma of the JRPG industry.
>>
Even worse

>crowd control spells
>with a 70% miss rate

I COULD WIPE THE ENTIRE ENEMY GROUP IN THE 3 TURNS IT TAKES TO APPLY THE FUCKING EFFECT WHY DOES IT EVEN EXIST
>>
>>3870706
FF12 actually did this well. Most bosses can be hit by one, and only one status effect, like slow or poison.
I liked it because it actually makes "scan" useful
>>
>>3872776
At that point it's not strategy anymore, it's just a checklist.
>>
>>3872986
Not even that once you get a certain accessory. The Nihopalaoa reverses the effects of healing items, so just equip that and toss a remedy at the boss and it's automatically inflicted with everything it isn't immune to.
>>
>>3872986
JRPGs are not strategic in any way.
>>
>>3870706
Name 10^10^100 games
>>
>>3873153

>citation needed
>>
>>3873220
They are literally hit the boss with your strongest attack fests, keep your buffs up and heal as necessary. That's the only strategy that goes into them.
>>
>>3873228
Play some good JRPGs for a change
>>
>>3873237
they don't exist, faggot
>>
>>3873237
what jrpgs would you consider "strategic"?

other than SRPGs of course
>>
>>3873241
Shin Megami Tensei, Romancing SaGa, Dragon Quest
>>
File: rev9.png (138KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rev9.png
138KB, 1333x1000px
>>3873241
This one for example

Also:
Lufia 3
Soujinengi
FF5 in certain fiestas
>>
>>3873247
aren't 95% of SMT bosses weak to that spell that could paralyze them? I remember spamming that magic over and over and it always worked
>>
>>3870706
And that's why Stick of Truth is one of the best turn-based RPGs to come out in years.
>>
>>3870706
Is that ad real?
>>
>>3873247
The only strategy SMT1 required was making your heroine fast so she can cast zio and stun all the enemies. They're stunned and the hero can just murder them and heroine can sleep bullet them. At a certain point much later enemies that reflect physical are more common, but you don't have to modify that same strategy very much. Also have to account for the number of times you just get unlucky and encounter demons with instant death spells or something. Negotiations are the best part anyway.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.