[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/ hated this when it saw it posted there. What's /vr/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: castlekino.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
castlekino.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
/v/ hated this when it saw it posted there. What's /vr/ opinion?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mONE-71l3Xg
>>
It looks professional enough, but the clutter and uniform grey makes it hard to see where you're supposed to be going. The light from the candles is unimpressive, almost Quake 3 tier.
>>
>>3870673
I get that the animations are so stiff to stay true to the source material however they just look horrible in 3D.
>>
Looks fine to me, seems like it controls 1:1 to the original. Probably a more faithful remake than Konami could ever do
>>
File: gfs_44148_2_44.jpg (73KB, 700x656px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_44148_2_44.jpg
73KB, 700x656px
>>3870708
Being faithful can be a good or bad thing depending on how they handle it. This remake while faithful looking gameplay wise has a graphical and art style that makes it look horrible because the limited movement just does not mesh well with the realistic look they're trying to achieve. Chronicles did a way better job at keeping the limitations of the original game in mind while updating the graphics and art style even though the way it plays isn't as faithful.
>>
That doesn't look like the Unreal I know. Not even like UT.
>>
>>3870752
Yep, those torches and castle architechture more resemble Quake than Unreal.
>>
>>3870752
Because its unreal 4 engine.
>>
>>3870765
Then why doesn't it say "Castlevania level 1 made in Unreal 4"?
And how come Unreal 4 isn't a FPS?
>>
>>3870773
Don't ask me why it doesn't say it, but it becomes very obvious which engine it uses once you download it.
>>
>>3870784
>>3870784
For instance a file named "UE4PrereqSetup_x86.exe" which installs prerequisites to run games made on Unreal Engine 4.
>>
Some of the models and animations could stand to be touched up a bit, but it does look and play like Castlevania. So as far as a remake goes, seems good.
>>
>>3870673
I like it. I don't like the SFX for the whip. That got annoying really fast, but the effort otherwise is pretty good.
>>
There's a lack of clarity between the characters and the surroundings. The excess lighting is really distracting too.

The visuals are nice individually but it looks like an absolute nightmare to actually play.
>>
way too dark for decent gameplay with excessive lightshaft memery

it's shit
>>
>>3870673
Looks great, are they going to release it ? Like AM2R
>>
It does look kind of dark but it may just be the capture. Presumably there'll be some gamma and effect intensity settings if anything ever comes of it
>>
Looks like it got a cease and desist a couple months back. Too bad, with a little less obvious 'mom look what this engine can do' effects this could have been a cool project.
>>
Its neat for what it is, a fan recreation of a section of a game.
Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>3870765
Are you trying to tell me there were years after 1999?
>>
What a surprise: Castlevania takes place at night so you can't see shit in it. Whoever made that certainly didn't know that.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.