[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: NES GAMES a.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
NES GAMES a.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Decided to sell all my old games to make some (hopefully) quick cash. Is ebay the best choice? I don't know anywhere else that might be better.

If it makes any difference, they're all UK pal games and nearly all boxed with instructions/inserts etc. NES, SNES, MD, GBA...

Pic related- it's some of them.

Cheers in advance for any help or ideas.
>>
Forgot to ask- Where can I find out if anything I've got is rare or worth more than the rest?

Thanks!
>>
>>3869608
/vr/ - Appraising Retro Games
>>
oh hello guys im seeling dino criss 1 and 2 ps1 near mint complete with obi, reply with quote
>>
>>3869608
Dude, don't sell your old games.
Just give them to e-celebs so they'll say your name in their videos!
I sent the game chasers a ton of my old games (about 2k worth) and they said my name in their video! It was amazing!
Then later on I met them at a convention and they were selling some of the games I sent them. So it was kinda like the circle of life.
>>
>>3869640
Good fucking chuckle. I like.
>>
Ooof, didn't realise the picture was that big.
Look at my shite stained Space Mutants box.
>>
>>3869640
That's what I imagine they must do with alot of that shit that people send to them.

>Oh boy, another copy of Combat on Atari! Thank you so much faggot-I mean FAN!. This'll look great with the other 20 copies I have!
>>
Are Buy Sell Trade threads banned here?
>>
>>3869764
Good question!

Are they??
>>
>>3869608
Can't you just trade your mums snatch for drugs?
>>
>>3869764
>Are Buy Sell Trade threads banned here?

No idea. But anons stopped making and participating in them because everybody was getting ripped off. Why the fuck would you send money or valuable items to other chantards?
>>
>>3869764
>>3869861
>>3870035

>people were getting ripped off
Thats not true at all. I've sold

>Lunar Silver Star story Complete on PS1

I've bought
>Mega Man 7 and a slew of other SNES games
>A bunch of sega genesis games

The reason people don't participate is because people want eBay prices. The whole point was to kind of give anons a deal, but it ended up just being people trying to sell
>garbage everyone already has
>for ebay prices
>without the ebay buyer protection

That's why it failed. I had plenty of good deals here.

Also the threads get occasionally locked by Hiroyuki because he's a faggot that won't allow "advertising" unless you pay him to do it.

So in regards to your thread.

Just crosspost on CL and eBay. I prefer eBay since Craigslist is full of fucking retards who want you to deliver a 20 dollar game 2 hours away. Ebay exposes your shit to a lot more people.

If you just want to offload, game stores are the easiest way to do it, but expect 30% of the total value.
>>
>>3870074
>Thats not true at all

This was consistently complained about, Anon. /vr/ generally protested the continued existence of these threads, and then the author finally gave up and stopped posting them.
>>
>>3870094
One guy shitposted the whole time. There was zero evidence to support his claims that people got ripped off.
>>
>>3870074
Thanks man!
>>
>>3869608
-go to NeoGaf buy thread, make nice pictures and sell your stuff for a buttload of euroriros...win the game!
>>
>>3870924
Wat?
>>
>>3870035
>>3870074

Too bad buy/sell/trade threads are gone. I only had good experiences with them in the past and made nice deals.
>>
>>3871250
Make a new one!
>>
>>3869608
you'll regret it
>>
File: 1478494348178.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1478494348178.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
>>3869608
Dude, do you live in the UK? I live in Europe and I might be interested in that lolo 2, if you're not asking too much for it.
>>
>>3871260
I've sold a few of mine along the way, and some of them I did regret selling. Although I did re-purchase Time Lord lately, which was a game I had sold a few years ago and regretted doing so, but now it's just sitting on a shelf and I don't really feel like playing it... So I don't know, it depends.

Are you selling the games just because you need the money, OP?

Or are you just tired of the hobby?

There might be better ways to get the money you need.
Do think about it carefully. Maybe just sell the ones you're less attached to.
>>
>>3869640
This would be funny if it wasn't so close to reality. They also pay money directly to get "shoutouts" on streams. .
>>
>>3871258
Well, I don't want to derail OP's thread, but maybe this could become one?
>>
>>3869640
I don't understand fans that just give their stuff away to e-celebs.
I just hope it's stuff they just don't care about and would rather give away than throw it in the trash.
If they do it just for attention it's kinda pathetic.

I do admit I'm kinda jealous, too.
I would like to get free shit as well!
>>
>>3869608
If you want to just get the quick cash, then sell your games to your local video game shoppe.
If your goal is to maximize profit, then sell the games, boxes, and manuals in separate ebay auctions.
>>
>>3871262
Yeah, I'm UK. Make me an offer!
>>
>>3871278
>They also pay money directly to get "shoutouts" on streams.
Really!!? Fuck.

>>3871280
Haha, I am OP!

>>3871302
>sell the games, boxes, and manuals in separate ebay auctions.
I'd be fucking pissed off if there was a game I wanted and I had to win THREE auctions for it! Good idea though, I s'pose. Do people do that?
>>
In case this turns into a sale thing, I thought I'd identify myself with a trip...

I had to check how to do them. Hehe.

I'll take pics of my other stuff in a bit.
>>
File: 1487194295751.jpg (99KB, 603x795px) Image search: [Google]
1487194295751.jpg
99KB, 603x795px
>>3871302
>tfw bought Crazy Taxi 2's Disc, Box and Manual and Cover in 3 separate auctions and it was cheaper than the cheapest complete listing
>>
>>3870074
Welp, i got Zelda II on NES at a good price, under $14 I believe, and it included Pokemon Silver.
>>
>>3869608
It depends whether time or money is more important to you. Ebay will net you the most in the end if you sell things piecemeal, but it will also take the longest and be the most effort.

A couple of years back I took a big box of old stuff I wasn't playing anymore to a local used game store and got almost $400 for it. I probably could have got 600$ or more if I did it myself, but for me it was worth it to just get it over with. Follow your heart.
>>
Set up a booth on the street
>>
File: retrogaminglive.png (77KB, 859x699px) Image search: [Google]
retrogaminglive.png
77KB, 859x699px
>>3871323
>Really!!? Fuck.

It's a crazy world out there.
>>
>>3869636
Would you take $30? They would be going to a good home.
>>
>>3871278
True story, my faggot friend has given some chick on Twitch over 2k through donations.
Basically every time she streams he gives her $25 and she says,
"Oh that's so nice, thank you James!"
In that annoying 'streamer voice'.

But that's not the worst part. So like 2 months ago, he drives fucking 5 hours to meet her at a convention and give her some games.
"Oh that's so nice, thank you James!"

She had no fucking clue it was the same guy who gave her over 2k. So he tries to talk to her and tell her who he is and she has no fuckin' clue.

And that's not the worst part.
The worst part is he is STILL giving her money just so she'll say his name on streams.
I wish like hell I knew her name. She's a blonde with huge tits and always shows cleavage (not like that description helps narrow it down).
>>
>>3872115
>>3872115
Your friend is just pathetic.

It should be pretty fucking clear to anyone who watches a stream for more than an hour that streamers go into "auto mode" while reading follower, donation, and subscriber notifications.

It's so automatic. It doesn't even register. I've seen people in the middle of a story, read out the donation, and go back into the story without skipping a fucking beat. It's fake as fuck. They do not give a shit about you.

And yet these people get money thrown at them.
>>
>>3871318
How about 20€ for the LOLO 2?
>>
File: 1482888246505.jpg (43KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482888246505.jpg
43KB, 720x720px
>>3872115
Sometimes I feel pathetic and then I remember people like this exist.
>>
Don't worry so much about market value. Sell what you feel the games are worth. If that means you make 10 dollars less than what the market deems it then so what? It was worth that amount to you and the buyer will be happy they scored a video game below what the market is asking. I don't feel the need to sell right on the money of market value or the need to sell 1-2 dollars under market value just to sell quickly.
>>
>>3870035
>>3869861
>>3869764
We used to have them all the time but they fizzled out. I don't remember many people actually getting ripped off that much. I did get some great deals from some nice anons. Got Brave Fencer Musashi and Koudelka for $30 each from a guy.
>>
>>3869608
ebay is the worst place. Nobody is really paying those crazy prices, and you lose money each time you list them. Go to offline trade meets like game on the upcoming gaming expo, retro palooza, arcade expo, scge, etc.
>>
you can sell on eBay and
>go for recommended resale price amongst a sea of other sellers therefore going ultimately unnoticed
>go for more than recommended price spouting shit like "rare NES SNES SEGA N64 *IN BOX* hot deal! great investment!!" and con some dim cunt into paying for it
>go for less then resale value claiming you just want a good home for them leaving you open to some scalper buying them and reselling them making a buck off you

just give them to your (eventual) kids
unless you've gone full wizard then a niece or nephew
>>
>>3872987
>>3871332
>>3871318

So, is OP dead? Please come back! We were working on a deal here.
>>
I'm here! I haven't got pics of my other games yet though. Had to go and help my Mum with some stuff, but I'm back now.

Will take more pics in the morning.
>>
>>3876671
Actually, got to go and see my Mum again in the morning, but will be back to take and post pics sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Peace.
>>
File: lethal-injection.jpg (25KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
lethal-injection.jpg
25KB, 425x282px
>>3872115

Sorry bro, but I think your friend needs to be taken in to get put down.

But seriously, if she showed tits for every $25 donation, that makes some sense. Otherwise, I just don't get it. Like, I literally do not understand why in the hell people would donate any significant amount of money to a streamer. Sure, if you're friends and you toss them a $20 or two every now and then, cool, but otherwise they are just complete fucking strangers who do the absolute bottom tier (well, maybe one step above vlogs) work in the world of online entertainment.
>>
File: picnic_table_bear.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
picnic_table_bear.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
>>3876671
Hey OP, I'm still waiting for an answer on the LOLO 2.
I would pay 20€ for it. Let me know what you think.

Maybe if you leave an email, we can discuss it further and come to an agreement.

One question, do you have PayPal? I can only pay through PayPal.
>>
>>3876690
I think for a lot of folks it's kinda like they are friends. I mean they watch these people for 4 hours a day, every day, they get attached.

But yeah it is super pathetic.
Of course I feel the same way about meeting actors and shit.
Like my g/f and I were out shopping one day and we ran across Milla Jovavich (apparently she was filming a movie here, I never saw it). And she flipped out wanting to go meet her, etc. I literally couldn't have cared less.
>>
Didn't make it home again! I'll be back around midday sometime tomorrow.
>>
File: 1452351348850.jpg (46KB, 390x424px) Image search: [Google]
1452351348850.jpg
46KB, 390x424px
>>3879026
>>
>>3869640
t. Muhammad in Qatar
>>
>>3877572
>People died and we're permanently disfigured for a shifty resident evil movie
>>
>>3879734
we're also got teh brain damage from shifty resident evil movie
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.