[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Used to play pic related in the library at school all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Chess_Mates_Coverart.jpg (123KB, 256x306px) Image search: [Google]
Chess_Mates_Coverart.jpg
123KB, 256x306px
>Used to play pic related in the library at school all the fucking time when I was a kid

>Time passes, I forgot the title of the game but could always visualize it in my head

>Posted in "name that game" threads for several years, listing details I remembered

>For years I get no legit answers

>Post one more time a month or so ago

>Hundreds of posts in and still nothing, go to bed dejected

>Wake up next day, scroll through the rest of now archived thread

>Anon actually links the game

>Burst with joy, find a copy available on ebay for nine bucks

>Buy that shit

TL;DR: HOW THE FUCK DO I GET THIS TO RUN ON WINDOWS 7!?

It's Windows 3.1/95 compatible but I can't run it in compatibility mode because I can't get the damn thing to install in the first place.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can play this damn game?
>>
Pls respond, I NEED to play this fucking game.
>>
>>3869468
Have you tried a virtual machine?
>>
>>3869483
What would you suggest? I had installed something (I think it was an Oracle program) I deleted it though because I couldn't figure out how to use it.
>>
>>3869424
>mfw 102 and want to try out this game
>>
>>3869468
No you WANT to play this game not need to, get it through your head mate.
>>
>>3869558
>>3869560
Anon... Pls, must play gaem :'(
>>
>>3869493

Virtualbox? Just try googling it up.
>>
>>3869580
Yeah, Virtualbox that's the one.
>>
If it's a 16 bit installer, this might help: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10988
>>
>>3869635
That's probably the issue actually.

Thanks for the link, I'll look into it.
>>
>>3869635
Yeah, nevermind. That's waaaaay too fucking confusing for a layman like me.
>>
>>3869493
Vmware Player. Virtualbox has high latency.
>>
>>3869558
>only 102
I want neo-/vr/ to leave
>>
>>3869424
Install Microsoft's "Windows XP Mode" and run it in that. As long as you don't need 3D acceleration, you will be fine.
>>
>>3869710
These are not difficult instructions. Get past your fear of big words and acronyms and you'll find it's a simple step-by-step listing. If you don't know it, look it up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.