[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the differences between the N64 and Playstation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 39793-Gauntlet_Legends_(USA)-9.png (428KB, 560x377px) Image search: [Google]
39793-Gauntlet_Legends_(USA)-9.png
428KB, 560x377px
What are the differences between the N64 and Playstation versions of Gauntlet?
>>
>>3868757
PS1 only allows up to two players, and it has real problems with that. n64 version is much better.
>>
>>3868760
True. But the N64 only allows 4 players if you use an Expansion Pack though.
>>
>>3868765
And if you're play in N64 without the expansion pack you're doing it wrong already
>>
>>3868760
>>3868765
The dreamcast version has neither of these problems.
>>
>>3868757
>What are the differences between the N64 and Playstation versions of Gauntlet?

I never owned the N64 version, but I did marathon it several times with friends. I do own the PS1 version.

I can't give you a comprehensive rundown, but I can try to point out possibly differences I've noticed:
>PS1 version really isn't polished. The ending credits mentioned that the dev team had only six months to port the game to the PlayStation.
>Bosses seem to have more generic tactics, like simply firing missiles at you. The chimera boss had its three life bars reduced to a single bar. Bosses no longer drop gold when defeated.
>Gold is very sparse in this version for some reason.
>The shop is still intact, but you can't buy permanent stat boosts anymore.
>The game seems to be set on easy mode, and there's no option to adjust the difficulty level.
>You can't unlock Sumner as a playable character anymore.
>There's a newly added developer's room, which I believe you can reach by entering the secret door normally reserved for the Sumner-unlock bonus stage.
>Four bonus levels are unlocked after you beat the game. They're partly based on stages found in the Dreamcast port. There's a desert stage, a forest stage, a new mountain stage, and a new castle stage. All are filled with tons of foes that grant you ridiculous amounts of experience. It's a quick way to grind to max level.
>Cinematics were added. I think they were adapted from the Dreamcast port.
>Legendary weapons don't get removed from your inventory after you use them. (I'm not sure whether or not that was the case with the N64 version, but I seem to remember that the arcade version did remove them upon use.)
>Support for only two players. The HUD was of course redesigned to reflect this.
>>
>>3868757
https://archive.vg/blog/gauntlet-legends-which-should-you-play
Conclusion: N64 version better in every way over Playstation, Dreamcast version good but not exactly the same game.
>>
>>3868757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDl9IWzfnQA
>>
PS1 version can't have as many enemies on the screen which sucks because the game is hack and slash. N64 version also has the shop to sell stuff
>>
>>3870419
Can't stand his accent.
>>
>>3868757
both games were absolute shit. so nothing. i know that is'n a good answer for your question but they really sucked ass, imo.
>>
>>3868765
>not having an expansion pack
what are you doing
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.