[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing through War For The Overworld right now, so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Dungkeep[1].jpg (17KB, 250x302px) Image search: [Google]
Dungkeep[1].jpg
17KB, 250x302px
I'm playing through War For The Overworld right now, so I figured I'd start a thread about one of my favorite games - DK1.

So far, my rankings are: DK1 > WFTO > DK2

DK1 just had a special sauce to it. Cozy mechanics like creatures rivalries. Making sure nobody disturbs Warlocks in your library. Great creatures designs like the Dragons or Bile Demons. Just had an amazing atmosphere to it.
>>
DK2 is so disappointing it's not even funny.
>>
DK1 = Startopia > WFTO > DK2
>>
>>3868441
i love dungeon keeper. i wish theyd port more retro shit to phones.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
Is there any way to play dk1 online? Would be really fun to breach some real players and steal their minions. Still have figured out if it is possible.

Played through the game last time a thread was posted a while back after years of abstinence, was so hooked I beat it in three days, then completed all of the fx missions, next on the list are the different campaigns... great game!

Imho safe strategy is to fortify your walls as quick as possible. If money is getting low turn workshops into sweatshops and kick undesirable creatures before payday, if you have gems you are good to go. Dig gold at beginning before building gold stash, imps are way more productive that way and it's enough before payday shows up (or use possessed Imp).
A possessed creatures can singlehandedly kill the enemy, if neccessary with speed + invisible to the dungeon heart. If you are fighing over territory in an open map, then lava traps + doors are your best friend as the pc for the most part is too stupid to build bridges.
Listening on the map menu gives you an advantage, as you can hear what is behind the fog. Hear mining sounds? cast Sight of Evil and zap the enemy imps to death, keep it up and he will run out of gold.
Want to fuck with the enemy minions? Build a long bridge and when they come to attack you sell beggining and end of bridge, then thy are stuck there for your mishieve.
Before you attack the enemy base, activate a enemy flag by dropping a creature nearby then hit them with disease. Wait 2-3 minutes, attack... easy peasy. If you're lucky the disease will never stop spreading

The only thing I find they could have changed in dk1 is that enemies actually can breach your walls after a while (white spots on the map, I'm talking to you), but you could rebuild them (maybe with a lvl>5 Imp or such, or have a shitting room to attract bile demons and use the dung for wall-building... well, you know what I mean...
>>
>>3873625
Also, does anybody know why sometimes teleport creature randomly teleport around on the map although it is not in their area? Sometimes mine do it, sometimes the enemies creatures do it... really stupid to have to jump there and click away the unit.
>>
>>3873625
Originally, Dungeon Keeper multiplayer was done with Modem, Serial cable, or LAN play with IPX.

I think the GOG DOSBOX version of the game supports TCP/IP for multiplayer. KeeperFX supports this as well. You just have to find somebody to play with.
>>
>>3873625
I expected that pvp in dungeon keeper would be rather silly. On any map with warlocks in the pool you'd want to make a lair and library so the portal only draws them. Beat the other player to Lightning with a large staff of lvl1 warlocks.

The match is basically yours if you figure out where his library is and put an end to his research & mining with Sight + Lightning. At least I would think.
>>
>>3878363
Why did you feel the need to post a pic of a wart?
>>
I only have DK2.

Why is the first one better?

DK2 was fun, but the mechanics were really strange.
>>
>>3878384

Also, how in the fuck did it 'pop' out so cleanly?
>>
>>3878384
It was relevant to the topic.
>>
>>3868441
>>3873625
>>3876204
I just downloaded the game and used the KeeperFX mod to make it run.

It runs damn good, it even runs at my 1600x900 resolution just fine. No crashes, no problems. I haven't tried it, but it seems like even the multiplayer works.

If you tried to organize a game on here, I'm sure you could find people to play it, it might take a few days though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.