[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how retarded was this game? >easily spamable limit breaks,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: finalturd8.png (59KB, 767x578px) Image search: [Google]
finalturd8.png
59KB, 767x578px
how retarded was this game?
>easily spamable limit breaks, which are devastating themselves
>magic refining, meaning you could easily get 100 tornado & curaga in the first hours of the game. the alternative is spending hours of tedious drawing
>basically spend all game playing a card game, in a fucking RPG
>stat junctioning, meaning you could be always better than the enemy provided you're not stupid
>level scaling, fighting battles is actually worse for you
>money serves no purpose whatsoever, given that the only thing you'll buy will be a few weapons and tents
>painfully long animations for everything, specially GFs. retarded button-mashing summons
>you shoot yourself in the foot if you try to use magic, since your stats gets worse and then you have to go through long animations. the game becomes a "press attack & spam limits" simulator since it's always the most sensible option, leaving you with no variety in gameplay
>boring sidequests (developers' understanding of fun: killing 20 tomberries)
>few & weak bosses
>the only proper dungeon is Ultimecia's castle, everything else are just 3-4 passages to trigger the next cinematic
>no loot since everything is based on GF refining abilities and beating enemies to get items. So you're left with small dungeons and no exploration, great.
>retarded characters (yeah, let's abandon this important mission because quistis was a meanie to rinoa, sheesh)
>retarded story (not even worth explaining, you know already)
>shit pacing (you're endlessly trudging through uninteresting text since there's so little in the way of gameplay)

how there's still people who like it, I don't understand, other than muh nostalgia
>>
>>3867894

Essentially everything you're complaining about translates to
>This game lets me play any way I want, and that's a bad thing

Yes, it's breakable. Yes, you can disable random encounters and never have to raise a single character level for the duration of the entire game. Yes, you can draw-spam and max out your spell inventory immediately upon setting foot outside Balamb Garden. Yes, you can grind AP and learn awesome GF skills early into the game that allow you to refine 100 Curagas, which you can then junction to Squall for 9999 HP.

Welcome to non-linear role-playing, Anon.
>>
>>3867929
>Welcome to non-linear role-playing, Anon.
yeah nah, I think Fallout or Arcanum are better examples, anon.

Being a "jack of all trades, master of all" is not roleplaying in the least, unless you like to roleplay walking gods. I guess you consider Skyrim a masterpiece
>>
nice shitpost
>>
How retarded was this game?
>can only carry 32 items
>full inventory less than 4 hours in
>have to Google items to find out what they do
>have to use consumable items as maps
>have to spend 4 minutes running around the world on a chocobo to view the map one time
>the map is not marked, unzoomable, unmovable, pixelated and impossible to read
>the game manual already had the map in it
>spend 35 levels and 40 hours of gameplay googling and discarding items every time you see a chest
>gear is not clearly marked as being usable for certain classes
>throw away useful gear because stats are not displayed without unequipping your gear, equipping the new gear and comparing
>magic users get heavy weapons very soon but can never do more than 30 damage with them
>battles every seven steps most of the game
>areas with battles every 2-3 steps
>useless magic, teleportation spells that can't be used for most of the game
>no way to revive party members without leaving dungeon and heading back to town for the first 20 hours of gameplay
>nondescript item names like otterhead, carrot, paralyzer, scholar, killer, salamand and ice
>you get an airship ten minutes into the game and then destroy it ten minutes later
>it can't fly over mountains
>you have to grind for 40 out of every 60 minutes you play or progress is impossible
>>
>>3868015
>you have to solve cryptic puzzles to continue with few hints, like turning your party into frogs to enter dungeons and being immediately slain because no one told you to change back to a human
>absolutely no directions, if you stop playing for 3 days you are likely to never be able to continue the story you forgot
>have to fight 4 battles to buy 1 high potion
>can't cast spells for entire dungeons until level 15 because you have to save them for bosses

>fight your way to the boss, run out of magic or can't defeat boss
>can't go forward or you die, can't walk back out or you die
>50% chance you get softlocked in every dungeon
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.