[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Couldn't find any threads related to this so I thought I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 118_1102.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
118_1102.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
Couldn't find any threads related to this so I thought I'd make one. Been feeling like replaying Zelda 1 but when I turn on the NES, it resets constantly, I can only see about 1 second of the title screen each time.

All my other games work so I'm guessing this isn't the console's 72 pins connector, anyone got an idea of what could be the problem? Cleaning the contacts did not work, took a picture of the board if anyone can help.

Retro console and games repair thread I guess
>>
File: 118_1103.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
118_1103.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>3862127

Other side.
>>
>>3862127
I'd be looking into that CR2032 battery if I were you.
>>
>>3862127
Is the top popped on that A CE 85 capacitor?
>>
>>3862157

It's not popped and still attached to the board

>>3862153

Really? could the battery be the problem? I might look into that, never heard it could do such things
>>
>>3862173
It's attached to the underside, you see in the bottom picture. This also shows that it's fairly simple to remove the solder attaching its leads to the board and replace it. Mentioning because its top looking roundy.
>>
>>3862173
Being able to maintain a constant-enough power supply to the needed components seems to suggest a capacitance problem, no? It's turning off after a few seconds every time.
>>
>>3862193

I don't really know much about these cartridges so I didn't want touch anything, thought the battery only served the purpose of saving but thanks, I'll buy one and see if it does the job
>>
>>3862198
It sure as hell is not the battery...
I'm still sure it's the lockout chip.
Constant resetting IS always a clear sign that the lockout chip has been triggered.
Are you maybe trying to pop in an out of region zelda into your NES?
Cut the lockout chip in your NES and I bet you it'll work
>>
>>3862210

It's an NTSC cart on an NTSC nes, it used to work but I haven't played it in a few years. I've seen that lockout chip problem when looking for help but I haven't checked mine out, I'll look into it.
>>
>>3862210
All his other games work so the solution is to cut components out of his console?
>>
>>3862226
The old standard toaster NES has always been a weird fiddly bitch and who the hell knows why it's this cart only for sure.

But the fact that a dead battery doesn't affect the ability to play a cart at all, the maskroms + mapper are fine (since op said the menu loads fine), capacitors normally don't go bad without a lot of wear and this one looks completely fine tells me it has to be something between the carts CIC and thet NES' lockout chip.

The easiest way to get rid of this problem therefore is to just disable the lockout chip which is a completely unnecessary component anyways.
All it does is make the problem with those unreliable 72-pin connectors worse and it's not literally cutting the component from the board but rather just one pins' connection to the mainboard.
>>
>>3862262

Gonna unscrew this thing and cut the lockout pin right now and see if it does anything, not like I have anything to lose
>>
It actually does sound like the lockout chip is the issue. Cut one leg and done. It's quick and painless for the NES.
>>
>>3862275

Took out the lockout chip pin and it works now, except as soon as I screw on the plastic top of the nes, the tray wont go down or get stuck, starting to have enough of this shit
>>
>>3862363
Patience.
>>
I've had that happen. Loosen the screws that hold down the black mechanism that the cart goes inside a quarter turn each. No joke.
>>
>>3862153
Good thing you're not him. lol.
>>
>>3862363
Told you that would solve it.
About the tray.
That's what happens when you don't slide the tray properly onto the PCB. The tray has a little hook like plastic tab that goes under the PCB. If you don't get that to slide under the PCB properly you won't be able to click it down.
>>
>>3862363
Never jump to taking the CIC chip out. Usually its the 72 pin connector that's dirty and bent. If you get a cleaning kit and bend up the bottom pins you will most likely to get it to work.
>>
>>3862467
He already said all his other carts work. It's not the console it's the cart. He could have fucked around trying to fix that but took the quick and dirty option of disabling the CIC. Now this and any other future CIC problems are gone. Most likely he just wanted to get on with his life and play the game instead of sperging out over the "correct" way to fix it.
>>
>>3862390
If I were I wouldn't have mangled my case. Go fluff your sister's bull.
>>
>>3862467
Good thing you're not him. lol.
>>
>>3862467
lockout chip should always be disabled unless you own a real NWC (it needs the lockout chip to work)
>>
>>3862716
>mangled
The case isn't mangled. You've really never done this before have you.
>>
>>3862127
is it zelda?
>>
>>3862929
No, I've talked to idiots plenty of times online. Learn to read. >>3862363
>>
>>3863849
Top kek kid. He just needs to take it apart and put it back together correctly. Nothing is "mangled". Like I said, if you'd ever done this before you understand. But hey, never let facts get in the way of a good shitpost, amirite?
>>
>>3862363
Quite a Shitload of fuck right there.
>>
>>3863849

You're an idiot.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.