[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found fond memories playing this game but I never see anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Shadow_Man.jpg (151KB, 509x350px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Man.jpg
151KB, 509x350px
I found fond memories playing this game but I never see anyone talking about it. It also doesn't have a sequel or anything. Did it even get any love at all? I think it falls in the same category as Turok and I would clearly play a "remaster".
>>
>>3861453
>It also doesn't have a sequel or anything.
But it does
>>
File: 8865.jpg (23KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
8865.jpg
23KB, 450x338px
>>3861458
>Acclaim Entertainment has announced that advertisements for its game Shadow Man: 2econd Coming for the PlayStation 2 are set to appear on gravestones across the UK as part of the first advertising campaign to use memorial plaques as part of a marketing strategy. The company is inviting relatives of the recently deceased to contact them if they are interested in subsidizing the costs associated with death in return for a small advertisement promoting the game with lead character Mike LeRoi's head and the logo as seen in the photo attached to this story.

>Shaun White, communications manager at Acclaim said, "The concept of what we're calling 'deadvertising' is entirely consistent with the theme of the Shadow Man: 2econd Coming game and provides us with a permanent presence for our advertising. Content and context are two important principles of marketing Shadow Man."

>The company is expecting a lot of interest. Interested persons who have recently lost a relative can get in touch with Acclaim at [email protected]. The company is also emphasizing the fact that advertising on gravestones falls outside of codes of conduct and regulations of any formal advertising bodies.
>>
>>3861453
Played it as a youngster with my dad and bro. Was very creepy, we got pretty far but never beat it. The theme for Playrooms is probably the most unsettling video game music I've ever heard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx6zJir9h9U
>>
>>3861458
Not retro, never will be.
>>
my friend rented this once to play on my n64 and it sucked so bad we took it back to the store to get something else after 30 min.
>>
I played it first on the n64 and years later on pc, which is unsurprisingly the superior version. At times the level design is a little obtrusive and you may be forced to comb through areas again looking for collectibles, but the atmosphere was rather nice.
>>
>>3862118
Shadow Man is a good game.
You and your friend were probably just too retarded to figure it out.
>>
>>3861473
>tfw you didn't win a helicoptor ride
>>
>>3862109
You just look for things to get triggered by without even reading, huh?
>>
>>3861453
Played this last year after seeing a post about it on Cracked. Pretty interesting atmospheric. There was some weird shit like the way I would die immediately whenever I tried to swim as regular guy. Biggest problem was that it could get pretty repetitive exploring the same areas over and over again for the last demon soul you missed or whatever, and also how confusing some areas were (really just the Deadlands or whatever, most other areas were okay... Except for maybe one the real world locations in the train station where you could just go in a massive circle and end up right next to where you started with the boss fight... Unless I did something wrong).
>>
>>3861453
this game HAS to be crap
>>
>>3864945
And why do you say that?
>>
I was curious about this game when it came out. That was before I made my own money and there was no way my parents would let 12 year old me get a spoopy voodoo game.

>>3861473
What the fuck? "If you let us slap an ad on grandma's gravestone, we'll pay for part of the funeral". That's some sick shit
>>
>>3861453
What's the best console version? Dreamcast?
>>
>>3865196
Mostly the Dreamcast version, though it does have an unusual load stuttering problem. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect.

The N64 version is surprisingly solid though. Very good high-res graphics by 5th gen standards, and a mostly decent framerate while doing it too. Even the music and speech is 90% there, though sounds a bit compressed of course.
>>
>>3862109
You know, that game is gotta be at least 15 years old now. Older than the SNES was when it came out, actually. Which was already considdered retro at that time.
It also uses a lot of gameplay and design elements that are LONG since disused. And if yiu go to /v/ and ask if anyone's heard of it, over 90 percent of the kids there won't have.
Lastly, it's graphics are seen as antiquated by all but a hamdful of weirdos.

It meets all criteria for being a retro game. All but what year it came out.

The problem with the supposed retro cut off thing is that it just invites "not muh childhood, not muh " stupidity from retarded apes like you.

Honestly, i think that if you can't go into gamestop and reasonably expect to buy or order a game, then it can be considdered retro enough for this board.

And if all you're worried about is PS2 era threads overtaking the board, then maybe you should just make more threads about the games you want instead of crying about it.

Ass wipe.
>>
>>3865395
SHUT THE FUCK UP. NOBODY CARES about your interpretation of the word retro. Go to a different board.
>>
Is the starter gun supposed to be so undepowered?
It takes like 6 shots for a standard deadside mook.
The ones that run will absolutely rape me before I can get enough shots into them.
>>
>>3865395

Not the anon you are replying to, but this will eventually devolve into the usual discussion that is finite subjects to discuss here, for the precise reason that no new things are allowed.

I am not entirely against keeping things as they are, but there is a lot of PS2/GC and 3DS stuff creeping it way into the board.
>>
>>3861453
It's a bit of a cult classic.
>>
>>3865416
You can charge it, a fully charged shot will stop a runner in its tracks and put it into the death sequence, then just shoot it a few times to kill it
>>
>>3861453
>Hey, Mikey, wanna hear a joke?
Best scene in the game.
>>
>>3862109

Oh but fuck off. Half-life 2. OH NO, I MENTIONED A FORBIDDEN WORD, NOT RETRO.

Anyway, back on point. I tried the demo a bit as a kid, it was... odd, that's all I remember. Is it worth checking out or is it mostly a nostalgia thing?
>>
>>3862109
They released it on PS1 and N64, among other platforms. Still retro. Fuck off, nerd.
>>
>>3861453
IIII AAAAM THE LOOORD OOOOF DEEAAAD SIIIGHT
>>
>>3865698
SM2 was PS2 only
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.