[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna get into retro gaming, like really into it. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1489407155308.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489407155308.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
I wanna get into retro gaming, like really into it. I don't care for collecting, I just like playing games and having fun. I've played around with most of the mainstream brands like Pokemon and Zelda and etc but I have dabbled in obscure games too. Obviously I'm an emulatorfag.

So how do I into retro gaming? What should i download or play?
>>
>>3860941
Doom.wad Init refresh damon
>>
>some games you grew up with are now part of a mysterious hobby for the kids of today

There's a /v recommended games wiki which could be a good place to start. Another method would be just to look at the highest rated games for whatever consoles you like. Or just download a full ROM set for a console and pick games at random.

What genres do you like? That is also a good starting point.
>>
>>3860946
I like everything except country
>>
File: super_aleste_us_907.jpg (55KB, 640x434px) Image search: [Google]
super_aleste_us_907.jpg
55KB, 640x434px
>>3860941
You're gonna have to be more specific, anon. How far back in time are you willing to travel; have you got a controller? We can also provide some 80s music, for full immersion. Let's start with Space Megaforce for the SNES. You like shmups, don't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6t6u512Xg
>>
>>3860949
I will go as far back as the stone age anon

I have a ps2 usb

And yes
>>
Start with Capcom and Konami games for the NES.

That's pretty much how an entire generation started.
>>
>>3860948
so you like Merzbow?
>>
File: Strider_Hiryu_2_Art_01.jpg (2MB, 2000x2510px) Image search: [Google]
Strider_Hiryu_2_Art_01.jpg
2MB, 2000x2510px
>>3860951
HG101's articles are crap sometimes, but the site features a wide array of /vr/ info. Start with the Profiles section which covers general subject matter, then look at the Series section to read about long-running franchises. After that, you can sort through reviews by Company or Genre. That ought to get you started. Looking at a Genre page will also show you a screenshot of all the games in question. Some companies to look out for: Tecmo, Koei, Compile, Irem, Midway, Taito, Namco.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/articles.htm#profiles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTGyVX19LZQ
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.