[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games you barely remembered as a kid that you successfully tracked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: sengoku.png (41KB, 1216x896px) Image search: [Google]
sengoku.png
41KB, 1216x896px
Games you barely remembered as a kid that you successfully tracked down? When did you first play it? How did it hold up to your memories?

One of mine is Sengoku for the Neo-Geo. I played this game ONCE in an arcade when I was 7 or 8. Even though my play time was really short, the game left quite an impression. In particular, the part in the first level where you warped up to the clouds and fought enemies there, and the game giving me swords to fight with stuck with me as some of the most awesome things I had seen in a game up to that point.

Years later when I finally got into Neo-Geo emulation, I got to play through Sengoku again, and was very pleasantly surprised to find a good beat-em-up. From an adult perspective, the sprites are a little stiff, but overall it's an incredibly stylish game.
>>
Have you played Sengoku 3? It's probably the coolest Beat'EmUp I can think of.
>>
File: microzine18-sid_000000019[1].png (4KB, 560x384px) Image search: [Google]
microzine18-sid_000000019[1].png
4KB, 560x384px
History Mystery from Microzine #18

When you successfully complete it you get to rename the museum's snack bar and I could never freaking do it within the computer lab time limit but my jewish buddy Danny Greenspan could and he would name it all kinds of shit like just to taunt me!
>>
This pile of shit right here. 5yo me thought it was the greatest thing ever but as an adult I barely consider it a "game"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9iwVRY_OwY
>>
>>3857783
>not playing Sengoku 3 for the superior beruto sukarora experience
>>
File: image_hoverrace_1.jpg (31KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
image_hoverrace_1.jpg
31KB, 250x188px
still looking for a ton of windows 95/98 games, but here's one I did find. HoverRace, still has a small community to this day.
>>
>>3857783
My mom rented Kirby Super Star once, You could not tear me away from it. The next week, that video store stopped carrying SNES games, and though I would occasionally look for other Kirby games, this one alluded me for years.

Then I heard that they were remaking it for the DS. I don't think I have ever played through a game more times than Super Star Ultra.

It certainly has a ton of flaws, like the fact that most of the game is piss easy, but there's a lot of content in that cartridge and a ton of hidden material, and areas to explore. I also consider it one of the few remakes that I prefer to the original. The SNES version is pretty damn fun with a buddy to play 2P with.
>>
File: Sega Tyco Video Driver.jpg (161KB, 956x717px) Image search: [Google]
Sega Tyco Video Driver.jpg
161KB, 956x717px
>>3857841
>Pops Ghostly
Best Action Max game
>>
File: Soaron-solo.png (610KB, 1432x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Soaron-solo.png
610KB, 1432x1056px
>>3857841
>>3857943

These are amazing. I knew stuff like that existed (I used to watch Captain Power on TV, and there was an associated lightgun toy), but I wasn't aware that there was a bunch of these sorts of things. Neat concept, and I'm sure a young kid would have enjoyed just about anything back in the day, but it seems painfully primitive compared to even late 80s video games.

>>3857821

I have. The graphics are really good for neo-geo, but I found it a pretty tedious game with some really broken mechanics. It just seems unfinished or rushed.
>>
A long time ago, I used to play a kung-fu game at my friend's dad's office (he was an optometrist, and had video games in his waiting room), and all I remembered was that when you got hit, it would show as a little red many-pointed circle.

Just two years ago, I was filling my portable MAME device with roms, and came across Yie Ar Kung Fu. I almost shit myself when I saw those little red hits. I had forgotten that I had forgotten that game, until right at that moment.
>>
>>3857783
>it's a Japanese level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgeoaj0Km70&index=15&list=PLU7NOYXOjylgK25keCoEJSA8tLMBCVeR-
>>
File: wildgun1[1].jpg (58KB, 622x437px) Image search: [Google]
wildgun1[1].jpg
58KB, 622x437px
>>3858285
They are primitive even by late 80s standards. Arcade games were doing similar things with film reels in the 70s. It's really the linear nature that limits the appeal. It's kind of surprising that there were no laserdisc light gun games or none that I can think of anyway. Ghost Manor sort of was but it just uses a cursor to aim. There are a few of those, and rail shooters that overlayed graphics like Astron Belt.

Speaking of Captain Power, that was actually the show that pushed the feds too far and led to the passage of the CTA. I was personally affected by it, even. Like you I had watched Captain Power on Saturday mornings all through 1987 just imagining how cool it would be to play along if I only had one of the gun/ships. Then that Christmas I actually got one (the villain one of course) and would be so hype all week to play for that one half hour block. Then just 8 weeks later the show got cancelled and disappeared. I was so upset and my dad was fucking pissed. He took that toy back to Woolworth, demanded a refund and got it lol. They tried to give him some shit about buying it on VHS and that only had him totally flip on them "You want me to buy a $400 VCR and $20 tapes so my son can play with his $30 toy?!?" I think he was close to punching that shrimpy manager.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.