[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FF7 is really gorgeous. It really captures that anime-cyberpunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: ff7 is gorgeous .jpg (894KB, 1898x1368px) Image search: [Google]
ff7 is gorgeous .jpg
894KB, 1898x1368px
FF7 is really gorgeous. It really captures that anime-cyberpunk look that was big in the mid to late 80's.
>>
There has been a lot of god damn Final Fantasy VII threads.
>>
Because one or two faggots want to piss people off while making FFVII looks bad.

I agree with OP though, beautiful looking game
>>
>>3850084
agreed
>>
It's such a fucking ugly game.
>>
Until 5 hours into the game when you leave Midgar and the setting turns into generic JRPG world #64839

Not that this is a new concept
>>
>>3850084
hardly cyberpunk, but yeah the design for midgar was pretty damn cool
>>
>>3852008
>and the setting turns into generic JRPG world #64839

Absolutely not. The rest of the world is just as gorgeous and diverse. I'd say that the only place that is generic is Kalm. Most of the cities have a unique look to them, and most are memorable.

Don't try to tell me that City of the Ancients isn't the coolest ever.
>>
>>3852008
I don't know, most towns and cities in FF7 have a modern feel to them. Junon is just as advanced as Midgar. Rocket Town literally has a spacecraft and launch platform, along with a plane in it. Nibleheim, Gongaga, North Corel, Fort Condor, et cetera all have Mako Reactors, cars, and other modern amenities even though they're pretty much out in the sticks and rural compared to the main cities. And of the ones left like Mideel, Cosmo Canyon, Wutai, Kalm and others, they're not low-tech middle age towns.
>>
>>3852216

I think the idea is that FF7 world is the 19th century, but the discovery of Mako allowed them to jumpstart to late 20th century tech. All the Shinra areas are heavily built up and urbanized. Many others have 19th century feel, like Kalm.
>>
File: dkc2dkq7.jpg (41KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
dkc2dkq7.jpg
41KB, 256x224px
Beautiful games forever held back by the low resolution of their artwork general?
>>
>>3852243

So many of those pre-rendered games could have been FULLY remade in 3D if they had just kept the assets. Imagine re-using the original 3D models for a fully 3D DKC HD "Remaster" or RE1-3 in full 3D with the original assets for the backgrounds.
>>
>>3852243
>held back

Nigga, this shit is crisp and clear on a CRT TV. No detail is unclear in the images.
>>
File: Diddy_mario_3d_render.png (1MB, 1026x837px) Image search: [Google]
Diddy_mario_3d_render.png
1MB, 1026x837px
>>3852246
They would look like shit, as the low resolution hid most of how weird and low poly some models were and how low was the (mostly stock) texture resolution.

Look at this Mario model. Awful, no? But it doesn't look bad in DKC2 thanks to the low resolution.
>>
>>3850084
This game is so retarded.

>High voltage signs for no reason
>Mako reactors provide electricity to the slums but Barrett and co destroys the reactors anyway.
>Distance between each step of the ladder is over half of the length of the person's body
>Rufus has a gun but he still lost to Cloud.
>Graffiti that's not possible without scaffolding
>>
>>3852243
Still better than 3D environments. Like in Legaia.
>>
>>3850084

The arm models in the non-combat areas are fucked though. Who thought a q-tip would make for good arm and hand design?

Otherwise, few complaints.
>>
>>3852264
Yeah when you're resizing a render down to about 64 pixels high or whatever, you can cut a shitload of corners (I bet most of the models were probably in really esoteric formats as well) Most of the time the final sprite was also touched up a bunch (like Duke's sprites; all of them were renders but had a bunch of work done as well so they look really good)
>>
>>3852280
Wow it's almost like JRPGs and most video games are not 100% true to real life.
>>
I never understood why they used the models they did for running around the map. Why didn't they just use the ones from the battles? They look so much better
>>
>>3854039
the whole game is a mess of inconsistent art style with the character's designs switching so often.
>>
>>3854039
They couldn't decide whether to stick with the oldschool chibi or the new "mature" style.
>>
>>3854098
They couldn't decide so they went with the worst combination :|
>>
>>3850084
This guy knows.
>>
>>3851978
You're not retro.
>>>/v/
>>
>>3850084
>french screenshot
Hahahahahaha
That translation was so awful...
>>
>>3856903
Allemagne
>>
>>3854039
Theres mods to do that for the pc versions. Though I couldnt find them a few months ago since someone released all new models for both.
>>
>>3852250
>CRT
>crisp and clear
lol
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.