[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if I have to find a matching rom for the version of Kawacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (169KB, 1200x761px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
169KB, 1200x761px
So if I have to find a matching rom for the version of Kawacks I'm using, is there any good way to find what that is or say, a collection of neo geo roms that work for winKawacks 1.65?

Also, what games should I skip? I only really know to pass on Samurai Showdown 3.
>>
>>3849479
neg geo games to skip, SS3, fight fever, Legend of Success Joe, SVC chaos, metal slut 1- 5
>>
>>3849479
Dude, use FBA. It's the standard for NG emulation and has been for years. Runs pretty much any ROM you feed it, no hassle with versions. And it has libretro core.

>Also, what games should I skip? I only really know to pass on Samurai Showdown 3.
Any fighters before Fatal Fury 2. Korean games.
>>
>>3850581
FBA is the one I had the most trouble with. Any links to an FBA rom set?
>>
>>3850631
Are you kidding? It should take pretty much any ROMs. I use different MAME version sets on it, they all worked like a charm. You can get some from emuparadise, for example. There are specific FBA sets but you don't _need_ them to play.
Describe your problems specifically. Did you put neogeo.zip in your ROM folder? What messages did you get when launching games? Did you sort ROMs by "available"?
>>
>>3850641
I put neogeo.zip in my ROM folder, and more often than not, the game.zip would go in there, and not show up when I scanned again. And yes I made sure to sort by available.

Must have messed up somewhere else, since I didn't know how to use different MAME sets.
>>
>>3850642
You have ROM folder specified in the emulator, right? Are you sure you got the correct one? By default it's the one inside the FBA folder.
In any case, you can also try retroarch with fba core. Works like a charm for me.
>since I didn't know how to use different MAME sets.
That's not what I meant. FBA should technically play any roms, no exceptions. If you have problems, try googling/watching tutorials on it. There are many.
>>
>>3850659
Well, I got the rom set from emuparadise and now literally everything works.

So...awesome.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.