[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there's still no source port for Ultima Underworld 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: underworld-1-2-header-720x340.jpg (75KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
underworld-1-2-header-720x340.jpg
75KB, 720x340px
>there's still no source port for Ultima Underworld 1 and 2

Why hasn't this been fixed?
>>
There have been multiple attempts to remake the engine but nothing has reached fruition.
A source port can only be made when EA releases the source code.
>>
https://youtu.be/4DZj3eWP9cw
seems to make decent progress

But yeah the emulated originals are fine and playable but some modern ports would be interesting if only because it would give me an excuse to replay these amazing games again.
>>
>>3848587
Why implement those giant icons?
>>
>>3848591
that's the normal overlay HUD, only the individual elements are cut out and re-arranged, for whatever reason.
>>
File: ultima_underworld_1_maps.jpg (733KB, 1500x656px) Image search: [Google]
ultima_underworld_1_maps.jpg
733KB, 1500x656px
>>
>>3848793
the windows in the central shaft on each level was such a genius detail
>>
>>3848654
They should at least have based it on the HUD for UW2.
>>
>>3848559
>there's still no source code release of SS1 even thuogh it was announced
>>
>>3849785
Night Dive wouldn't want some shiny community-enhanced version of SS1 steal the thunder of their console-oriented remake
>>
>>3849803
This. There's no way they'd release the source code until after they've made their money.
>>
>>3849803
>console-oriented
>>
>>3850163
implying the demo didn't prove it's going to be dumbed-down trash geared for the nu-male/feminist crowd of modern gaming
>>
>>3850167
What?
>>
>>3850167
Was there a new demo?
>>
>>3850167
tfw my consolefag friend couldn't figure out how to open the door even though the password was painted on the wall in red

kek
>>
File: grove-1.png (2MB, 1609x891px) Image search: [Google]
grove-1.png
2MB, 1609x891px
>>3850179
that's a good example how a lot of modern players are not used to having to think, look around, examine and apply logic to solve problems.
I assume he's not retarded, just not used to that stuff because popular modern games, console or PC, are often switch off brain follow the trail and enjoy kind of design.

also let's hope UA delivers.
>>
>>3850236
I'm sure IGN will give it a "low" score of 7/10 and complain that its too confusing.
>>
>We want to expand on UU, not just replicate it. If we did that we would be done already, and for fun we may end up doing that, but that is a thing of love, not a day job.
He said "they may". Basically confirmed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.